[Image: o4DrSHf.jpg]
[Image: 9QHi8d0.jpg]
[Image: JyvoPTk.jpg]
[Image: 2wbmEa6.jpg]
[Image: Kwu9Enc.jpg]
[Image: ppUJI1l.jpg]
RE: Images 23 - some prime pics
(09-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: yoe9ZLA.jpg]

Why would you even post something like this?  How ignorant are you?  So people who owe $120k+ on loans suddenly don't need to be able to drive anywhere?  So people should be made fun of for trying to save the planet and give you less health problems?  Or is it only liberal elites who don't deserve loan forgiveness because they're on the wrong side?  I don't hear the same moaning about the PPP loans that forgave millions in debt under Trump. How much do you hate me, Norgarth?  Seriously, fuck off.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(09-02-2022, 12:01 AM)Labster Wrote:

Why would you even post something like this?  How ignorant are you?  So people who owe $120k+ on loans suddenly don't need to be able to drive anywhere?  So people should be made fun of for trying to save the planet and give you less health problems?  Or is it only liberal elites who don't deserve loan forgiveness because they're on the wrong side?  I don't hear the same moaning about the PPP loans that forgave millions in debt under Trump. How much do you hate me, Norgarth?  Seriously, fuck off.

Actually I was thinking that you can get a non-electric car for a hell of a lot cheaper than $60k, so if your finances are tight because of student loans, then you'd take a more affordable option for transport.

This was not aimed at you in particular, as I have no clue what you drive or what your financial situation is like. 

I posted it because I found it amusing.  Now, it certainly wouldn't be the first time I thought something was funny because I misunderstood the context behind it, and it sounds like that's the case here.
(09-02-2022, 01:03 AM)Norgarth Wrote:
(09-02-2022, 12:01 AM)Labster Wrote:

Actually I was thinking that you can get a non-electric car for a hell of a lot cheaper than $60k, so if your finances are tight because of student loans, then you'd take a more affordable option for transport.

This was not aimed at you in particular, as I have no clue what you drive or what your financial situation is like. 

I posted it because I found it amusing.  Now, it certainly wouldn't be the first time I thought something was funny because I misunderstood the context behind it, and it sounds like that's the case here.

Car and Driver tells us that the average price for a new car in December 2021 was $47,077 US. A $60k car is not out of line, especially if it's an electric car.

So, no, the image wasn't funny. It was telling people who've graduated from college that they should "pay for college & pay off their loans like [the Boomers] did"

(09-01-2022, 09:43 AM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: pwEON03.png]
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:Car and Driver tells us that the average price for a new car in December 2021 was $47,077 US. A $60k car is not out of line, especially if it's an electric car.
*shrugs* I bought a new car in March 2021, a Mazda 3, ran me around $32-33k. That was the sort of price I was envisioning. But I accept I was wrong and will delete the pic.

[Image: M4up6XI.jpg]
[Image: FVgZgiS.jpg]
[Image: aHYyeGB.jpg]
[Image: JVqo4m5.jpg]
[Image: 43G7oIr.png]
[Image: uSWGXi2.jpg]
[Image: p0FZ5O4.jpg]
[Image: Knnp8Xl.jpg]
[Image: kQkz6Fq.jpg]
[Image: V5cQYqP.jpg]
[Image: 1IEcqnN.jpg]
[Image: 74V01XT.png]
[Image: 87lHP6r.jpg]
[Image: yo44fJ7.jpg]
[Image: DRKaFNB.jpg]
[Image: 8TKU5r8.jpg]
It’s more that you posted a GOP talking point in general forum and you deserved a good flame for that, more than anything personal. On the other hand, because of this policy, I will have a positive net worth by the end of the year, but still no more than a couple thousand above zero.

Humor happens when expectations don’t match reality. This was not funny, because it’s a case of your expectations not being met by a straw man.
It's not even funny, it's just bitter. Most of my Facebook feed is being flooded by this cynical mass-meerkat conservative shite - like laser fucking targeted - and I utterly hate it.

Also, a non photoshopped moon. (I can even share the original negative as proof, if I could find it.)

[Image: oa1h3Lhl.jpg]

Another Photograph of the same moon, on the same night

[Image: pDZ99sol.jpg]

And, of course,

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
That first shot is gorgeous, Dartz. Was it a lucky shot, or did you plan that one?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It's the third attempt - and the only one where the moon actually lined up properly.

It's something that might be easier to do in camera with film, than with digital cameras (Though it does seems to be getting more common)

[Image: l5PFF00l.jpg]

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

[Image: tg2UDAK.png]
[Image: W3JvMjl.png]
[Image: J3ko6G9.jpg]
[Image: yttt6P4.jpg]
[Image: kwOUtFw.jpg]
[Image: xM5aCed.jpg]
[Image: GPWOCVr.jpg]
[Image: 6wKQ68M.jpg]
9 images a post?

Please stop. My phone can't take it.

You've already proved you don't think about what you post, it's just an unfiltered firehose of 'things that amused me in the last 20 minutes'.

(09-03-2022, 01:14 PM)Dartz Wrote: 9 images a post?

You've already proved you don't think about what you post, it's just an unfiltered firehose of 'things that amused me in the last 20 minutes'.

On your User CP (control panel), there is an option "Edit Options" under "Your Profile". On that page, one of the options under "Thread View Options" is "Posts Per Page". It's a dropdown menu, not a text box, so there's a limited number of options you can choose from, but at least you can set it to something smaller than 25 posts per page so that the image-heavy posts in this thread actually load before timing out.

Of course, that also changes the number of posts per page everywhere else in the forum, so it's a patch, not a solution...

EDIT: Alternately, there's also the "Buddy/Ignore List" in the User CP. If you put a user on your Ignore list, that user's posts won't load unless you click on a load-post button, one per post. But that means you don't see that user's posts in other threads, either, so again it's a patch, not a solution...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Not Kirk's Rock - Siccar Point is on Mars.

[Image: SiccarPoint_CuriosityGill_1080.jpg]

Background and larger image here.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-03-2022, 01:14 PM)Dartz Wrote: 9 images a post?

Is that a phone or a potato?  I have no problems with these threads on a three year old phone... okay, two years, but those were a long two years, right?

Nice Moon.  Would be perfect for punishing evil spirits in front of.  10/10 would moon again.

I wish I could automatically filter out the pictures that are text on a T-shirt, or anything with a "Minion" character, because those are universally unfunny and boring.  I routinely write funnier comments at Hacker News, and let me tell you, they are a tough crowd.  On the other hand, the D&D/TRPG memes are almost always funny, presumably because everyone who makes one has practiced collaborative storytelling.
[Image: 3s7Mb6z.png]
[Image: DKS82VC.jpg]
[Image: AYOzz4O.jpg]
[Image: BHxaRRg.jpg]
[Image: GYW0aVu.gif]
[Image: Kk8RgHC.jpg]
[Image: 3fHlLga.gif]
[Image: SnSuuEM.jpg]
[Image: Zm5HaJj.jpg]
[Image: rPYPXmE.jpg]
[Image: AgM5nR2.jpg]
[Image: DIO6CTZ.jpg]
[Image: 5NozdPj.jpg]
[Image: T6SzUis.jpg]
[Image: dLcHoSi.jpg]
[Image: NeNIFHd.jpg]
[Image: XWsyBZc.jpg]
[Image: l4uUK4f.jpg]
[Image: YUZ8nKP.jpg]
[Image: gERnTGQ.jpg]
[Image: RJYpDpZ.jpg]
[Image: 22IGpGL.png]
[Image: VMn5kqO.jpg]
[Image: akIsoWY.jpg]
[Image: 0uSOJub.gif]
[Image: 76ynnrO.jpg]
[Image: 5fyLTyJ.jpg]
[Image: X7HVFFa.jpg]
[Image: Q2cxahN.jpg]
[Image: TQspTcS.jpg]
[Image: I8XFydt.jpg]
[Image: KuX0kMW.jpg]
[Image: J5kUtMX.jpg]
[Image: MODBtT1.jpg]
[Image: Nd9rFF3.jpg]
[Image: ZtYjodo.jpg]
[Image: c8TjeGK.jpg]
[Image: hvhTesd.jpg]
[Image: LTyEozb.jpg]
[Image: xo2WXZk.jpg]
[Image: first_internet_interaction.png]

Source

Title text (which I think dilutes the message of the strip): "To that stranger on the KOOL Tree House chat room, I gotta hand it to you: You were, ultimately, not wrong."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
[Image: 1B9MWm8.jpg]
[Image: 3XRJhGW.jpg]
[Image: MuRVgPz.jpg]
[Image: 2YXJjhL.jpg]
[Image: 0uK0hmp.jpg]
[Image: 4TVpnvc.jpg]