Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apartment Manager is not a Wiki Thread, #3
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Wiki Thread, #3
Yeah, was coming back to report the same.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Sorry, that error was somewhat my fault. I checked a box to enable an extension, nothing happened. Then I got sysadmins to actually install the extension, and then things crashed. The UnlinkedWikibase extension wanted Mediawiki 1.42… which has not been released. We switched to the 1.41 branch, which doesn’t appear completely functional, but also doesn’t crash.

You told me not to test on ATT and that worked out for the best.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I suspected that it might have been a database-related issue, I saw that you had enabled a database-related extension, and I distinctly remember telling you to test on our wiki, so no worries there. (And that's why I didn't file a ticket immediately, too -- I wanted to give you a chance to weigh in.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(03-14-2024, 12:56 PM)robkelk Wrote: And another one. I think I got everybody in this one, not including shapeshifters.

I assume Luna and Artemis the Mooncats are classified as shapeshifters?
(03-15-2024, 10:26 AM)Norgarth Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 12:56 PM)robkelk Wrote: And another one. I think I got everybody in this one, not including shapeshifters.

I assume Luna and Artemis the Mooncats are classified as shapeshifters?

Yeah, considering what I just wrote yesterday in their welcome-to-Refuge story.

Quote:"There has to be more than that to you," Yui insisted. "Mom let Ui and me watch Sailor Moon in reruns, and I remember Sailor Tin Nyanko came from the same planet as you. And she looked like she was human."

"And all three of us used to take human form back in Crystal Tokyo," Diana added. "You told me that I was supposed to stay in cat form while I was in the past."

Both Luna and Artemis looked surprised to hear that. "You remember how to change forms?" Luna asked.

"I've known how for all my life, mama." Diana looked into Luna's eyes, and a beam of light shot from the younger Mau's crescent mark to the elder's.

"Oh, wow!" came a happy cry from the doorway. Yui, Azusa, and Noodle looked over to see Subaru Mikage. "Magical cats! Are you here to become our advisors? Are Yui-san and Azusa-san about to become transforming heroines? Having magical teammates would make me so much more effective as an Ally of Justice! Oh, but we'd have to move, because Peggy-san doesn't like cats. What are you doing here, anyway?"

Noodle had had enough of Subaru's stream-of-consciousness monologue. "Subie-chan! Stop and breathe!"

"I don't want to become a magical girl," Azusa said quietly.

Then Artemis said, "We're already companions to magical girls, so we can't help you, miss."

"Ooh! Talking cat!"

"Subie-chan, you already knew that they're magical," Azusa pointed out as the light between Diana and Luna finally shut down. Normally, Azusa would show more respect to somebody older than she was, but she'd known Subaru-san long enough that the diminutive that everyone else used sounded right.

"Of course," Luna whispered. "It's so obvious." And she shifted from cat form to human form, complete with the dress and shoes that she wore when she became human during the Sailor Moon S movie.

"Your turn, papa," Diana said as she established a mental connection with Artemis.

Luna walked over to the mirror that Belldandy had passed through a month ago, and looked at herself as a human. Finally, she said, "I do look cute, if I say so myself."

"I always thought so," Artemis replied while putting an arm around her waist. His human form was taller than hers, with long white hair. "At least, seeing you like this awakened some of my memories of the two of us from the Silver Millennium."

Noodle looked over and said, "You know, if you got a haircut, you'd look somewhat like the Thin White Duke."

"I'd better not get a haircut, then. Whoever that is, I don't want to be mistaken for him."

"More importantly,." Diana said while taking human form herself, "we need some clothes other than the one set each of us are wearing."

Luna looked at her daughter from the future, who was the same height as Chibiusa, had grey hair and red eyes, and was wearing a grey skirt and blouse. "Your tail is still showing."

"Oh, mama, you're always complaining that I don't shift all the way..." Diana completed her transformation. "I never get to show off being a Mau."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Momoko Takamachi. Ruiko Saten. Kyoko Tokiwa. Roberta Lincoln, eventually. All noncombatants who live in residences where all of the other refugees are trained in combat (allowing "espionage" as "combat" in Roberta's case). Should we have a wiki category for them? If yes, what should we call it?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Resident Bystander/Civilian?
The problem is we need a good, simple category concept that wouldn't logically pull in every other noncombatant in the project, and can be expressed in just a couple words. Everything I can think of is too inclusive. Norgarth, I think you're on the right track, at least more so than I am, but not quite there.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I went poking around on All The Tropes - the closest we have there is "The Team Normal". But that's for folks like Batman in the \justice league or Captain America in the Avengers - still takes part in the action despite having no powers. There's no way that Momoko would pick up an Intelligent Device or Kyoko would get into the cockpit of an Arm Slave.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I've been creating more character pages and source pages over the last week. Apparently, having a lot of redlinks works against our SEO... but maybe I shouldn't have worried about that. Note the fourth result on the list, and what it places above:

Of course, this also means I'm going to have to raid other sources for info on this character.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
That first link? "nimodes" is the most recent pseudonym of Gregg Sharp, the creator of Toltiir. Anything you find in his work is pretty much definitive. The next link is a repost of an early work by Sharp, and is also definitive.
-- Bob

Alas, the first link - on the live web, at least - leads to a stub page with nothing we can use.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Squid2403", if you're reading this, please reply here. Your wiki account will remain blocked until you do.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Whoever they are, they haven't registered for an account here, yet.
-- Bob