Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apartment Manager is not a Wiki Thread, #3
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Wiki Thread, #3
I guess a benefit of having experienced wikizens being the only contributors to the wiki is that basically everything is categorized.  In fact, the only thing not categorized as a story, a cast list, a place, a character, or working notes are these three pages in Main: Main Page, Index Page, Read This Page First.  There's very little in the project namespace as well.

I decided that Sources don't get the working notes template, so that they're outside this category (but still a subcategory) -- they're honestly mainly things copied from other wikis which, while they are notes, don't really need to be considered with the non-public notes of settings and organizations.

I made a list of the where I think we should organize private notes when making the rest of the site public.  Of some 90 pages in the main namespace that aren't characters, places, or published stories, about 1/3 should stay hidden as private working notes, another third should stay public, and the remaining third are unpublished story drafts.  Honestly "Notes:" and "Draft:" seem like very natural divisions.  I was thinking about adding a "Private:" namespace, but I couldn't find anything to put in there.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Wiki Thread, #3 - by Labster - 02-05-2024, 06:19 AM