Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 3D resources thread #2
RE: Possible 3D resources thread #2
They're giving me this for free because I'm a Daz+ member. I'm sure we can find a use for it somewhere.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Ah, Washuu-chan's TV room.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
75% off Scrappy Motorcycle today if I use a coupon. May as well.

Something that somebody'd build on his or her own, rather than going to some place like Whilrwind. I think.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I think I've found the Anything Goes Kitchen. 70% off today.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
You'll need another door, to the kitchen. You've only got the entrance.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
It's a modular set - easy enough to replace the back wall with the front wall and door.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh, yeah, I know. I was just pointing out an oversight on the part of the set designer.
-- Bob

Either that or we could use it for some form of Hotel, in California.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
I don’t think the Nerima Wrecking Crew will have any problems adding a door, whether they want one or not.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Excellent point.
-- Bob

(10-12-2023, 03:37 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Oh, yeah, I know. I was just pointing out an oversight on the part of the set designer.

In 3-d art scene-making, "an oversight on the part of the set designer" is distressingly common. There's a lovely private railroad car out there that has no pass-through to where the next car in the train would be, no cooking facilities despite having a dining table, and no sanitary facilities, for example.

EDIT: Or one of today's new items, which is represented as a standalone Malibu house but has no plumbing whatsoever and no place to put it. No, I won't have that, thank you.

Nowadays, I just look to see whether I can fix the oversights.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Archaeological- Dig Site was on deep-discount sale. So, some place for Fujitaka and Yuuna Yuuno to work together (or meet).
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Who's Yuuna? A gender-bent Yuuno?
Poor Yuuno would have had a lot more luck with Nanoha had he been born a girl.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Mea culpa. (Or culpo.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Finally found some place in Manhattan where students can afford to eat: New York Hot Dog Cart. (We have this style of cart in downtown Ottawa, too, but without the pretzels.)

Maybe, just maybe, one of our cooks who knows how to drive might want a ramen truck. (Not suitable for Ottawa or Antigonish climate, alas.)

Both on deep discount today only, so...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I can't say anything about the truck, but as someone who has bought more than one meal or snack on a NYC street corner, that cart is right on the money. Just replace "Reuben" with "Sabrett" on the signs and umbrella and it will be as true to life as a photo.
-- Bob

Oh, "sugatak" has a reputation for getting things right -- I have no worries about how authentic the truck is. It's a sight that's older than I am, but it's guaranteed accurate.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Every so often, they telegraph who a particular character is supposed to be... usually when the name is reasonably common and you have to be a fan of the work in question to be sure.

This is one of those times -- note the second promotional image, with that particular skin and eye colour.

And I could get her for ~$3.50 if I acted right away. Sure, why not.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeeeaaaaaaah, that's a bit of a giveaway, ainnit? Only way to make it more obvious would have been to give her white hair.
-- Bob

I think Alice was asking for one of these. (Another "roughly $3.50" deal.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I've always thought 3D-rendered beds looked hideously uncomfortable, because their mattresses have absolutely no "give". It must be like sleeping on a sheet of plywood.
-- Bob

Another "sugatak" model on deep-discount today (the sale's almost over), so I grabbed it: Odenya Tokyo 1954. Not only do I get a selection of oden, I also get an old-style hand-pulled food cart... and I'm pretty sure I have okonomiyaki in my collection somewhere. (looks at Ukyo)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ami's swimming pool Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"High School Pool"? That's a heckuva well funded high school.
-- Bob