Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 3D resources thread #2
RE: Possible 3D resources thread #2
The annual end-of-year hair sale was today. And I had some spare cash. So I stocked up. Among the goodies are possibilities for Ayame's hairdo, Casey's pompadour (sort of, but why would his hair be neat?), Harley's beard, and Kazari's floral headband.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Don't make this week's "free for everybody" list angry. You won't like it when its angry. (Needs a paid item, but it's one that I've owned since the days that Fenspace had more than two writers.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
If only it looked more like Lou Ferrigno... <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Oh, if anybody's interested in giving 3D-art a try, get an account at Daz this weekend. All of the advent freebies are available again for free until 23:59 MST Sunday, so you'd get a starter wardrobe and some "scene filler" props (inluding a full set of D&D dice) that aren't in the regular free starter package. https://www.daz3d.com/holiday-freebie
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It wasn't until after I got Retro Apartment that I realized it was too retro for Residence 51. It isn't '80s, it's '60s-'70s.

Ah, well, at least I got it for 85% off. And I can raid it for sectional furniture.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh, yeah, that's very 1967, isn't it?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm pretty sure somebody has this hairdo... but that "somebody" might be someone with a different 'do in Refuge.

Anyway.

Buying a new release this morning gave me a half-price discount on items in my wishlist (including a bass guitar and outfit set and something I'll need for after we catch up to where we were before the retcon).
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I'm thinking that this Mio could be K-On!'s Mio with a slight adjustment to the torso... assuming she isn't too tall. And the morph is $3.99 today if I buy this scene that I can use for Isekai by Moonlight when Makoto trains in the mountains.

(Yes, I know that I don't save as much as the scene costs. I don't need any of this stuff the way I need food, clothes, and a place to live; I could save even more by not buying any of this 3D-art stuff. The saving is a bonus.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I'd expect that something like this apartment would go for $1500/month nowadays (hey, it has a private shower and a mini-fridge)... so it's perfect for one of the less-luxurious residences, right?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Free to members this week: FH Storage Interior. I'm thinking it's somewhere in the underground levels in Residence 51.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-30-2024, 10:16 AM)robkelk Wrote: I'd expect that something like this apartment would go for $1500/month nowadays (hey, it has a private shower and a mini-fridge)... so it's perfect for one of the less-luxurious residences, right?

Are you kidding? That's a $10K/month luxury suite in Manhattan these days. <grin>
-- Bob

Can't imagine where they got the inspiration for this outfit from... Smile but I seem to recall James West or Artemus Gordon wearing something similar in an episode of The Wild Wild West. And I caught it in a three-hour 90% off sale, so why not.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(08-16-2023, 06:32 AM)robkelk Wrote: New today: Mio's hairdo, in a version usable on both the newest version of Genesis (and thus is future-proofed) and the version I'm using for this project.

(01-27-2024, 09:00 AM)robkelk Wrote: I'm thinking that this Mio could be K-On!'s Mio with a slight adjustment to the torso... assuming she isn't too tall. ...

Just quoting these two in order to put them together.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Jinkies!

Haven't bought this one yet, merely added it to my wishlist.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
This outfit, on the other hand, I can use with plenty of characters. (Except for Chiyo-chan. She never got to wear it.) And they had it on sale and offered me a coupon, both today only, for a total of 2/3 off.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
If they're going to give me another meeting room for free, I'll take it... but I don't know where I can use a room designed around an octagonal table with a holoprojector in the middle in KanriKyara. (Hmmmmm... Although if I put two chairs along each side instead of one, I can use it in IbM...)

This outfit, I paid $4 for. "Sujin Imperial Fantasy Outfit", but for some reason I suspect it would stand out if worn in the Japanese Emperor Sujin's court. Maybe it's meant to reference a Korean Sujin? Does anybody know for sure?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Don't know where in New York the New York Terrace Underpass is patterned after, but it looks like a nice place to busk for a while.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-10-2024, 05:47 PM)robkelk Wrote: It wasn't until after I got Retro Apartment that I realized it was too retro for Residence 51. It isn't '80s, it's '60s-'70s.

Ah, well, at least I got it for 85% off. And I can raid it for sectional furniture.

(01-10-2024, 06:19 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Oh, yeah, that's very 1967, isn't it?

Of course, if we were to set up a residence housing only '60s characters, this set would fit in nicely.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(03-16-2024, 09:12 AM)robkelk Wrote: Don't know where in New York the New York Terrace Underpass is patterned after, but it looks like a nice place to busk for a while.

Huh. Doesn't ring a bell. The architecture looks a little like Grand Central Station, it might be based on one of the lower levels there.
-- Bob

It's an ecumenical matter. It's also on sale for 80% off today.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Well, whichever female character I manage to re-create in DS first now has something to wear to a black tie event.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just when I was idly wondering where to find bellbottom pants for the Moonbase Alpha uniform, this outfit goes on sale. Well, that's the female uniform's pants sorted.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Something that's the polar opposite of the Obligatory Beach Episode: the Obligatory Black Tie Affair.

(Digression: Does anybody else think "The Obligatory Black Tie Affair" sounds like an episode title from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.?)

Tuxes for the guys, and "one tux to clothe them all" works in 3D art. Evening gowns or little black dresses for the gals... and we need a variety of dresses.

Oh, look: a coupon! And five gowns are already on sale. (insert cash-register ka-ching here)

May as well see what I already have, in addition to what I just got...

Evening Gowns:
Little Black Dresses:
Elegant Lolita Dresses (which the elementary-school-age girls can get away with):
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:dForce Princess Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Imagine my disappointment when I realized the crowbar didn't come with it.
-- Bob

(04-10-2024, 07:14 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:dForce Princess Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Imagine my disappointment when I realized the crowbar didn't come with it.

No worries; I've already got one.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown