Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teasers from "Drunkard's Walk: Angel Baby"
re: Massed replies
Murmur: Yes, I'm trying to fit Eva into the meta-cosmology I've espoused elsewhere. I'm going to accomplish a lot of that simply by taking Anno's route and not explaining too much, and leaving some things simply ineffable. Remember, too, that I'm using aspects of In Nomine to flavor how these things work; this may smooth out some of the rough spots for you. In such a case, the Lilith in Terminal Dogma might be nothing more than an unused Vessel...
[You know, as I have neither played In Nomine nor read the sourcebook, I have absolutely no idea what's going on. (That I have never been able to "get into" RPGs is another matter entirely). If you could go further in what you mean by "In Nomine" flavor and by "Vessel", that'd be great.
Though it must be remembered that Lilith is, in the Eva world, LITERALLY the progentitor of humanity (and, perhaps, all life itself on Earth, but that's another issue). Humanity came from the LCL she extrudes.
And, of course, no Angel except Kaworu showed itself to be particularly nice people. The best they've been is destructive in their pursuit of Adam, the worst is when they mind-raped Asuka and tried to eat Rei and Shinji.
-murmur
In Nomine
Quote:
You know, as I have neither played In Nomine nor read the sourcebook, I have absolutely no idea what's going on. (That I have never been able to "get into" RPGs is another matter entirely). If you could go further in what you mean by "In Nomine" flavor and by "Vessel", that'd be great.
For In Nomine flavor, I suggest you read Neon Exodus Evangelion (on Eyrie) as that's where Gryph & co drew their cosmology. Quick summary is that Angels and Demons have been manifesting discreetly on Earth to fight their War ever since the fall. There's quite a bit of information on the net (do a google for 'Nomine Collection')
Vessel is what celestial creatures (angels/demons) use on earth since their own bodies are a little noticeable. Usually handed out by Archangels or Demon Princes and most celestials seem to use them like cars i.e. some bash 'em around with little or no consideration, some get bent out of shape and the slightest scratch, some have large collections maintained in pristine condition... and for most they are just a means of getting around. Vessels are outwardly normal bodies (not always human).
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
ain't that close to love?
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, as I have neither played In Nomine nor read the sourcebook, I have absolutely no idea what's going on. (That I have never been able to "get into" RPGs is another matter entirely). If you could go further in what you mean by "In Nomine" flavor and by "Vessel", that'd be great.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For In Nomine flavor, I suggest you read Neon Exodus Evangelion (on Eyrie) as that's where Gryph & co drew their cosmology. Quick summary is that Angels and Demons have been manifesting discreetly on Earth to fight their War ever since the fall. There's quite a bit of information on the net (do a google for 'Nomine Collection')
Vessel is what celestial creatures (angels/demons) use on earth since their own bodies are a little noticeable. Usually handed out by Archangels or Demon Princes and most celestials seem to use them like cars i.e. some bash 'em around with little or no consideration, some get bent out of shape and the slightest scratch, some have large collections maintained in pristine condition... and for most they are just a means of getting around. Vessels are outwardly normal bodies (not always human).

[Okay. Funny analogy. Heh. I can just see some angels saying, "See this? This is '72 Male Jesus Freak. It took me *hours* getting the detailing right."
Anyway . . . urm . . . in regards to Eva and In Nomine, I guess . . . gonna have to see some of the execution, though I kind of hope that the "flavor" doesn't overpower the source material.
Oh, and I know that I should probably do this on the other thread, but I really, really doubt that Misato would come onto Doug. Really, really doubt. She may be somewhat flirty, but only in "good" fun. Doug simply isn't her "type," i.e. "like her father."]
Re: ain't that close to love?
Quote:
Oh, and I know that I should probably do this on the other thread, but I really, really doubt that Misato would come onto Doug. Really, really doubt. She may be somewhat flirty, but only in "good" fun. Doug simply isn't her "type," i.e. "like her father."
At first, yes. But that's partially because she's walking wounded, and as she heals she'll probably realize that "her type" really isn't, and that she need to broaden her horizons.
And Doug is also reletively "safe", since he's _never_ showed any intent towards her in that regard despite their close proximity several times.
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
Funny analogy. Heh. I can just see some angels saying, "See this? This is '72 Male Jesus Freak. It took me *hours* getting the detailing right."
I like it. I can just see Vessel trading cards...
The info given on Vessels in In Nom is pretty much on the mark. I just want to dismiss the impression that some Celestials would have a lot of them -- they're not cheap in the terms of Heaven's pseudo-economy, and they're usually provided by one's superior, so think of it in terms of a company car. It is possible to have several Vessels, just not common. (We'll stay away from the subject of Shedim and their Angelic counterparts whose choir name I'm completely blanking on at the moment, who occupy living creatures for use as Vessels, and thus theoretically have an infinite number...)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
And Doug is also reletively "safe", since he's _never_ showed any intent towards her in that regard despite their close proximity several times.
Which is precisely why she'll make the attempt -- "What, is there something wrong with me? Looky, looky, I'm offering, take a bite!" The woman, for all her problems, does seem to thrive (most of hte time) on challenges.

-- Bob
---------
Kyriotates
(We'll stay away from the subject of Shedim and their Angelic counterparts whose choir name I'm completely blanking on at the moment, who occupy living creatures for use as Vessels, and thus theoretically have an infinite number...)
No, we won't.
Kyriotates, Shedim and celestials with the Song of Possession are using the rental service.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Kyriotates
Fair enough description.

-- Bob
---------