Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Earth & Environs

Quote:Since the gazetteer entry looks a little silly with the Moon fleshed out the way it is & Earth only sketched out, here's a first pass.

Sorry about the mess Fnord, but it was even worse before I fiddled the layout.

Quote:Australia is also the central transit hub for goods flowing from Earth into Fenspace and vice versa. Major ports are the **Avalon-Point Wilson Aerospace & Aqua Port** in Melbourne and **Kingsford Smaith International Spaceport** in Sydney. [[gazetteer:companies:Orbital Air] runs passenger transport operations out of Perth, and [[gazetteer:companiesConfusedtellvia corporation|Stellvia Trading] runs their tourist operations out of Sydney.

Gah! I really ought to write up Helios Holdings (Galactic), who's head office takes up the 42nd floor of Merlin Tower in the Avalon free-trade zone.

Speaking of free-trade zones (and as an aside, if someone does write up the basics of the Kandor-Con Treaty free-trade zones should be included.), how many are there on Earth? There are obviously at least two in Australia, and at least one in the US (given that Wave Convoy met his family there after Kandor-Con).

Europe and Russia seem a bit empty, as does Aisa (especially Japan). I have a few ideas perculating...let me see what I can come up with.

South America and Canada are also a bit empty.

Skull Cove is also a major place on Earth, but I've never found a satisfactory location for it. Think typical tropical pirate island, only slightly strange due to Handwavium contamination. Basically it gets raided by the Fen during the end of the Boskone War, and the government the land belongs to sells it cheep to the Fen to let them clean it up. I forsee Stellvia Corperation eventually buying it and turning it into a theme park. (Come on, a true piece of Earth that is part of Fenspace? Who wouldn't want one over the 'Danes like that? Plus the potential to soften the Anti-Wave sentiment.)

Messages In This Thread
[RFC] Earth & Environs - by M Fnord - 02-22-2008, 05:33 AM
[No subject] - by Cobalt Greywalker - 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 02-22-2008, 02:07 PM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 02-22-2008, 06:59 PM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 02-22-2008, 07:13 PM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 02-23-2008, 02:06 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 02-24-2008, 04:13 AM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 02-24-2008, 04:52 AM