Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fnord...
Fnord...
I'm trying to find the story about the launch of the Ptchitka, but it is successfully eluding my attempts. Can you kindly point me at it? Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

You can't find it because, ah, it doesn't exist. Not quite, anyway. There's a gloss hiding somewhere in the old plotbunny thread, but I scrapped that one & started over a while ago. The story itself is very much in development, albiet slow development.

I have notes & whatnot, though. So if you need some sort of specific information ask away & I'll do my best to fill in.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Okay, then I must be misremembering a different story as that one. Who had the siege with the cops surrounding a warehouse while they were desperately trying
to get launched?
-- Bob
---------

Well, that *could* have been the really, really old first draft of the Soviet origin story. LIS there's a gloss hiding in the plotbunny thread and it runs
pretty much like you described it.

I could have sworn I read a story proper once, told in the first person. Weird.
-- Bob
---------

You're not alone, Bob. I remember the story as well. From how Ptichka was purchased, fixing her up, and then the arrival of law enforcement and the
scramble to take off. I'll take a look through the plot bunny thread and see if what's in there is what I remember or not.

For the record, I have a copy archived with the rest of the crap I've written for Fenspace (800KB total over a year and a half or so, counting notes &
discarded stuff). I'm not going to *release* it again by any means, but I still *have* a copy.

Mal?

I found the particular entry that Bob and I remember - are you adverse to me posting a link here? If so, I could just email Bob with the link to the story. I
won't at all if you're against it, since you mentioned not releasing it again.

Enh, it's not like I deleted the thing. A link couldn't hurt. I do stress that the entry in question is a) a very early draft and b) not really that
good, so caveat empor.

Eh, I liked it well enough, Mal. And it'll serve as a placeholder until you get your full version completed. It at least gives some idea of how
Ptichka first showed up, even if the final version is different. She's a fairly important ship in the history of
Fenspace, after all.

This will take you right to the launch entry in the Plotbunny thread: http://drunkardswalkforum...le-cheap.html#reply-15815

God, that thread brings back memories. ^_^

Oh yeah, that's it. Thanks for the find, Feinan!

Pity it's not a formal story because I wanted to include it in a list of reccos for the intro page o n the wiki.
-- Bob
---------

Oi, just wait for da man to finish revising it. I'm certain that it'll be a lot better then. That aside, I think that the original thread itself could
be recomended reading - not exactly as polished stuff, of course, but it'll give curious newcomers a picture of how things got started.