Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META] If somebody's looking for something to write about...

Quote:Best as I can recall, I didn't really come up with this idea, even if it is on the Corners, and I know nothing about the source material from which the name comes.
Fair enough - I'll move it to "Pages open to anyone who wants them".
Quote:Although if no one else claims it, I'll take it.
You've already got a full plate just with the Corners' stub pages...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I got bored again. Almost all of the inhabited asteroids and moons now have their government types and capitals listed. (In many cases, the names were pulled out of thin air, although I tried to be rational about them. If the names aren't mentioned anywhere else - especially in any of the extant fiction - feel free to change them to something better.)
--
Rob Kelk

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=PS_238]PS 238 is now stubbed. Bob, please double-check that I didn't step on your toes.

(I know I have a photo of a one-room schoolhouse in my collection - I took the photo two months ago. I just need to find it...)
--
Rob Kelk

Oh, I like it. Save for the photo, is there any reason it needs to be stubbed still? It seems adequately detailed to me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It doesn't have a founding date... but that's the only other thing I can think of that it might need.

(Perhaps PS 238 was first opened in September 2013? That would have given the GC crew and the Supers a year and a half to build the school after GC launched, and let the school run for a year with only tutors and "supply" teachers instead of a full-time teacher... Thoughts?)
--
Rob Kelk

A school could have been built in much less time that a year and change... unless you're counting for red tape as well.

I think the issue might not be so much red tape as the time it takes someone to think "Hey, y'know..."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

So just make it something that they were already going to do, albeit originally just on a 'local' scale. Only a lot of other Fen took an actual interest in what was being put together when the word got out...
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Quote:I think the issue might not be so much red tape as the time it takes someone to think "Hey, y'know..."
Also, the school could have been finished any time in April - August 2013, and left empty for a while because "everybody knows" school starts the day after Labor Day.

There are plenty of ways to explain this away...
--
Rob Kelk

Did some doodling today... and remembered why I shouldn't. Anybody with some actual skill or talent want to take a shot at cleaning up the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=File:Cog.gif]Gearheads logo I threw together from the description on the Fenwiki page?
--
Rob Kelk

I made a gearheads logo a few days ago, didn't upload it because I didn't like how it came out, I'll upload it now and let you run with it if you want.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Dakota Wrote:I made a gearheads logo a few days ago, didn't upload it because I didn't like how it came out, I'll upload it now and let you run with it if you want.
Much better than mine, thank you.

(To assuage my wounded pride, I put together http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... huttle.png]an image for the Galactic Republic page/ Y'know, there isn't a single ship of that class listed on the Spacecraft Registry...)
--
Rob Kelk

Updated some of Canon Vulpine Fury, unfortunately added redlink/stubs for Karen Sorrel and Lime Zor-El
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote:unfortunately added redlink/stubs
I'm not removing redlinks placed by active writers - don't worry about that.
--
Rob Kelk

blackaeronaut Wrote:And Jess's eyes are red, as per her being an Ayanami-type biomod.
Fixed.

Now to see whether I can start my next project. Basic body - check. Asian morph and skin colour - check. Round-framed glasses - check. Cheongsam - check. Hairdo with a single braided not-upswept ponytail - Aargh! Daz Studio doesn't have that! And I was so close... unless I'm willing to change her hairdo, or can find this hairdo available elsewhere.

I'll just have to pick someone else to model instead. I have all the Trekkie uniforms except the Original Series and TOS Movie versions... Time to model M.L. da Vinci, which means I'd better decide what she looks like, eh?
--
Rob Kelk

Since I haven't decided what M.L. looks like, I did http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... wansen.png]an illustration of Noah's favourite Senshi instead.
--
Rob Kelk

So, yeah. Figured that I ought to at least stub it.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Today's NASA Image of the Day is of a Shuttle we don't usually see photos of... and almost never in that particular configuration. http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Enterprise]So I grabbed it for the FenWiki.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:I'll just have to pick someone else to model instead. I have all the Trekkie uniforms except the Original Series and TOS Movie versions... Time to model M.L. da Vinci, which means I'd better decide what she looks like, eh?
Now that I've decided what she looks like, http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=M.L._da_Vinci]I've modeled M.L. ... and as long as I was there, I tossed a few trivia items into her infobox.

I'm assuming that Trekkies wear whichever uniform they like best, unless a particular ship's captain orders otherwise, and I liked the DS9 uniform the best of what I could find.

(Hmmmmm... 268 posts in this "FenWiki updates" thread... might be time to start a new one.)
--
Rob Kelk

Put up a stub for Catgirls and Furries, and redlinked Dr. Asmodeus Grey and Bunny girls
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

I think most Furries (as a hypothetical faction) did not have the ideas and drive to lift off into space... that's why there is no real faction of them.

Most fenspace furries would be part of another faction and most probably haven't biomodded themselves yet. Actually a lot of people that may want a biomod of any type maybe saving it for a emergency depending on their line of work. 
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Was more of a "here's the crazies that give the rest of the faction a bad name" idea than anything else. Besides, if they succeed, any government that went nuts with the anti-wave paranoia would be after them.

-- James Nicoll

Foxboy Wrote:Put up a stub for %[link=http://fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Catgirls]Catgirls] and %[link=http://fenspace.net/index.php5?title=furries]Furries], and redlinked Dr. Asmodeus Grey and Bunny girls
And I've added some crosslinks from and to those articles, added Furries to the http://fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Faction_Guide]Faction Guide, and sorted http://fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Th ... ense_Force]The Extraplanetary Defense Force as a subset of the Furries.

I suppose now I'll have to get the catgirl and bunnygirl add-ons for the 3D modeling software I use... (Good thing I just got a 25%-off coupon for any one purchase.)
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:I suppose now I'll have to get the catgirl and bunnygirl add-ons for the 3D modeling software I use... (Good thing I just got a 25%-off coupon for any one purchase.)

There is a 3D modeling software with a catgirl/bunnygirl addon ????