Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META/Image] Hand of Bobb's Stuff

HRogge Wrote:The last two are very nice ones...

are you able to change the fur colors?
Not easily. (I have the same "catgirl" package - it's a prerequisite for the "bunnygirl" package I used for http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... nygirl.png]this picture.) It'll take a lot of work to put together a convincing-looking fur texture.

Edit: Giving her "cat's eyes" is trivially easy, assuming http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/eye- ... =5117&_m=d]one has $20 to spare. (This was one of my earliest purchases, so I could give the Ayanamis their correct eye colour - the nonhuman pupils were a bonus.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Mark Skarr Wrote:(Not so very old, less painful; but pre-Lux)
[Image: Kyliea2.jpg]
Here, kitty, kitty...

I'm going to "steal" her for the Catgirls page, which means Kyliea is still available as a character.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:

Edit: Giving her "cat's eyes" is trivially easy, assuming one has $20 to spare. (This was one of my earliest purchases, so I could give the Ayanamis their correct eye colour - the nonhuman pupils were a bonus.)
Actually, if you just select the eye from your scene, you can change pupil's morph setting to make them slit-pupils.  Then, you can just load any "grey" iris textue and change your diffuse color to whatever you want and that should give you some cat-eyes.
StarRanger4's thread about the space pod inspired me to do this:
[Image: Workerbee.png]  

robkelk Wrote:
HRogge Wrote:The last two are very nice ones...

are you able to change the fur colors?
Not easily. (I have the same "catgirl" package - it's a prerequisite for the "bunnygirl" package I used for http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... nygirl.png]this picture.) It'll take a lot of work to put together a convincing-looking fur texture.
Sad only grey ones...

I would have been looking for two catgirls... one with colors like a %[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby_cat]tabby cat], another one similar but white or grey with black stripes.

HRogge Wrote:I would have been looking for two catgirls... one with colors like a tabby cat, another one similar but white or grey with black stripes.
Aiko 3 had a Catgirl set that's colors might have been more to your liking.  However, unless I'm using A3 (which I can, I have a double-crap-ton of stuff for her), I can't use these on V4.2.  Also, their not quite "furry-looking" for textures, they're pretty smooth.

hrrm... You either need a second light source or a lighter background, or maybe even a brighter texture. The mostly black body is blending into the background too well. Fine for a boskonian attempting to sneak up onyou,. but bad for us being able to see whats there
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Star Ranger4 Wrote:hrrm... You either need a second light source or a lighter background, or maybe even a brighter texture. The mostly black body is blending into the background too well. Fine for a boskonian attempting to sneak up onyou,. but bad for us being able to see whats there
The usual choice is "lighter background", which is why nebulae, planets, and http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... y_Pass.jpg]small moons are so popular in astronomical renders.
--
Rob Kelk

I concur with that... but not knowing which Mark might prefer, I thought I'd list all the possible option. In addition, a background swap is the fastest of the 3 changes to make

NO QUARTER!!!

Quote:robkelk wrote:

Yummy... (No, you aren't the only guy with hormones here.)
Ah, right - Camilla Templar, generalist (with Ninja, Super, and Senshi sympathies) and Great Justice Troubleshooter. Based out of Meetpoint Station, she handles the tricky assignments in cislunar space. Camilla's biomod lets her see through any amount of blinding light, but she falls asleep if there's less than a half-dozen candela of light in the immediate area (which puts a crimp in her romantic life; she used to love candlelit dinners with her boyfriend).
Certain members of the UK contingent of the Blue Blazers point out a curious resemblance between Agent Templar and a certain Blue Blazer and semi-retired member of M.I.6. John Steed generally brushes these theories off as "stuff, nonsense, and silliness," but also warns other Blazers "don't mention it to Emma; she gets horribly cross about that sort of thing."
(It does look distinctly like one of the outfits that Diana Rigg used to wear in "The Avengers.")

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Mark Skarr Wrote:Aiko 3 had a Catgirl set that's colors might have been more to your liking.  However, unless I'm using A3 (which I can, I have a double-crap-ton of stuff for her), I can't use these on V4.2.  Also, their not quite "furry-looking" for textures, they're pretty smooth.

Yes... nice color, but very "smooth"...

(That was the picture that made me creating Cathy as a character: http://ackegard.com/gallery/v/campaigns ... A.jpg.html)

Star Ranger4 Wrote:I concur with that... but not knowing which Mark might prefer, I thought I'd list all the possible option. In addition, a background swap is the fastest of the 3 changes to make
Heh.  With Lux nothing is fast.  It was actually faster to swap out the mats on the body and throw it back in engine.  It's only at about 900 samples.
[Image: Workerbee2.png]

Bruno (from the SJGames forums) is looking at other fur-shading options for me (not to mention some other, annoying problems).  So, catgirls are on hold for the moment.
She's already spoken for, her name is Aurora 108 (at least, that's what the barcode at the base of her skull reads out).  She has no history.  No, real exposure to handwavium.  Those pointed ears are, apparently, natural.  As is the appearance and hair color.
If she's a clone, you don't want to meet the person she's cloned from.
[Image: AuroraFinal.jpg]

This picture is directly related to Aurora 108, even though MonkeyFist said "no, no way, not ever, just no."
This is pre-Lux for me, it's using the Daz rendering engine and some advanced surface shaders.
I purposefully used a yuku image to save space on the screen (not everyone uses a 1920x1080 display).
[Image: b2816765aabb8aa770214eac4737080d3a3842d9_r.jpg]

robkelk Wrote:Yummy... (No, you aren't the only guy with hormones here.)

Ah, right - Camilla Templar, generalist (with Ninja, Super, and Senshi sympathies) and Great Justice Troubleshooter. Based out of Meetpoint Station, she handles the tricky assignments in cislunar space. Camilla's biomod lets her see through any amount of blinding light, but she falls asleep if there's less than a half-dozen candela of light in the immediate area (which puts a crimp in her romantic life; she used to love candlelit dinners with her boyfriend).

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... la_Templar]Camilla's finally on the FenWiki. I trust everyone is okay with her "created by" attribution.
--
Rob Kelk

I'm coo if you're all coo.

Mark Skarr Wrote:Bruno (from the SJGames forums) is looking at other fur-shading options for me (not to mention some other, annoying problems).  So, catgirls are on hold for the moment.
Good to hear this (that someone is looking into the problem).

Has been a while since I visited the SJGames forum (mostly the Transhuman Space part).

Mark Skarr Wrote:Bruno (from the SJGames forums) is looking at other fur-shading options for me (not to mention some other, annoying problems).  So, catgirls are on hold for the moment.
HRogge Wrote:Good to hear this (that someone is looking into the problem).

Has been a while since I visited the SJGames forum (mostly the Transhuman Space part).
The thread there for this is "http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=19387]Art for Games". It's only up to 762 messages, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding the relevant posts if you start from the newest one and work your way back...
--
Rob Kelk

RE: Aurora 108 Troubleshooter, Codenamed: Barbarella!

NO QUARTER!!!

This picture gives an idea of why not to mess with Aurora 108.  It also shows that Lux takes a long time with some images.  This has been in engine for 8 hours with two 8-core i7s hammering at it.  It's at 1.75k samples, and probably needs around 4-5k.
[Image: AuroraandPogromJ.jpg]
I will see about putting a bloom on the lights when the image is sharper.

3D graphics easily eat up any amount of CPU-time you throw at them...

HRogge Wrote:3D graphics easily eat up any amount of CPU-time you throw at them...
Not just "easily," more like "happily."

Mark Skarr Wrote:
HRogge Wrote:3D graphics easily eat up any amount of CPU-time you throw at them...
Both of it... did some ray-tracing on my Commodore Amiga a long time ago... it was slow...

did some more raytracing a few years ago on my PC... much faster machine than the Amiga... it was still slow. Wink

Yeah, I did some ray tracing on my laptop (before the i7 and Lux), and it was slow.  I did it on the i7 and had to check, to make sure, I had ray tracing turned on.  This i7 has just been amazing.
Edit:  Heh, I should add another version of Pogrom to the image, then three of the originals.  Then I could add this behind them all and call her a Robots Mastermind.
But Aurora's so very, very much more.

Mark Skarr Wrote:
There's a reason that, despite having first installed DAZ Studio less than six months ago, I already have a computer dedicated to it. (And not one of my older computers, either.)
--
Rob Kelk

Okay, there is something wrong with me.  Well, I'm a pervert, so we'll just leave it at that.
I was posting an image, at LuxRender, where Bruno and I are looking for a solution to my sporadic transparency issue. 
(Note the dark band on the stockings and lack of any transparency on the dress; it's supposed to be sheer.)
[Image: dressandstocking.png]
So, I posted a picture of it working correctly:
[Image: LaceJ.jpg]
I then did a close up to show the transparency layers on the tops of the stockings working correctly:
[Image: LaceZettai.png]
But, instead of saying "Lace's stockings" I said "Lace's Zettai Ryouiki."  In fact, the file is actually named LaceZettai.png. 
Curse you, TVTropes!