Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[/table]

OOOOooooOOOOoohhh... Veddy nice!

robkelk Wrote:HRogge, this script to import Poser props into Blender has just been brought to my attention: http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php]%[link=http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php]http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php]

Don't know whether you can use it, but thought you might like to know it's out there.
HRogge Wrote:I will look at it. At the moment I am using only Blender, but it might become useful later. Smile

That's the whole point to the script, if I understand it correctly - it lets you use stuff like http://www.sharecg.com/v/39260/browse/1 ... ip-for-E.T].]this in Blender, instead of having to install Poser or Daz to use it.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:That's the whole point to the script, if I understand it correctly - it lets you use stuff like http://www.sharecg.com/v/39260/browse/1 ... ip-for-E.T].]this in Blender, instead of having to install Poser or Daz to use it.

Okay, I REALLY have to test this at the weekend.

But for now, here the first part of the new spacestation design. I liked how it looked when put together, especially the indirect lighting by the blue... blue... energy lines ? *G*
[table]
[/table]

"Uh... why does it look like that?"

"Erm..." he coughed a little bit. "I marathoned both Tron movies the day I did the 'waving."

Seriously, though, it looks a lot better than the plain boxes of the first version.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

JFerio Wrote:"Uh... why does it look like that?"

"Erm..." he coughed a little bit. "I marathoned both Tron movies the day I did the 'waving."
Hehe, someone noticed a mayor source of inspiration for the design... Smile

Most likely the cyberspace version will look even more like Tron and Tron Legacy. Wink

Quote:Seriously, though, it looks a lot better than the plain boxes of the first version.
Thank you.

Dammit, now I'm in the mood to listen to the Tron: Legacy soundtrack... Not that this is a bad thing seeing as I have it. Smile

blackaeronaut Wrote:Dammit, now I'm in the mood to listen to the Tron: Legacy soundtrack... Not that this is a bad thing seeing as I have it. Smile
I think you will like the article I have written about the cyberspace of the station... *G*

but first SR2... and then a small introduction story for my new project... and then... lets see *G*

Here are individual pictures of the two: Carmen and Holly.  They are both more skirt-people, so Carmen got a mini-skirt-upgrade.
[Image: CarmenJ.jpg]
[Image: HollyJ.jpg]  
This came out of a conversation about my Supers Trek Game.  It's more of a running gag than anything I'm doing seriously.  But, so far, we got a kick out of it:

Trekkie:  What about Captain James T. Kirk!?

Holly:  Who?

Trekkie:  Captain of the USS Enterprise!

Holly:  No.  Captain Scott Summers is Captain of the Enterprise.

Trekkie:  No, he's leader of the X-Men!

Holly:  Leader of the what?

Trekkie:  The X-Men!  You know, mutant super heroes taught by Charles Xavier?

Holly:  Well, the previous Captain of the Enterprise was Admiral Charles Xavier--he gave the commencement when my class graduated from the Academy.

Trekkie:  What about "Admiral" Eric Lensherr?

Holly:  I don't know him--that name's not familiar.

Trekkie:  Hah.  He should be Charles Xavier's mirror opposite.

Holly:  Admiral Xavier has a close friend: Admiral Max Eisenhardt . . ., but no Eric Lensherr.

Trekkie:  AAAAAAAAH!

That long hair must be a pain when you have to get into a spacesuit. ;-)

She's actually got space-aspected flight -- she doesn't need a space suit.  Also, her hair grows at the rate of one-inch an hour, if it's not longer than four-feet.  So, it's no big deal for her to simply cut it all off and let it grow back in a couple of days.

Mark Skarr Wrote:She's actually got space-aspected flight -- she doesn't need a space suit.  Also, her hair grows at the rate of one-inch an hour, if it's not longer than four-feet.  So, it's no big deal for her to simply cut it all off and let it grow back in a couple of days.
Okay, that makes sense. [Image: banana-dance.gif]

And here the result of this evening. The new space station is 'complete', with a lot more details.
[table]
[/table]

Much more readable now.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Yeah, that looks sooooooo much better now.  Awesome work, HRogge!
MonkeyFist had asked, a while ago for a Steampunk Skuld . . ..
[Image: SteampunkSkuldj.jpg]

Mark Skarr Wrote:Here are individual pictures of the two: Carmen and Holly.  They are both more skirt-people, so Carmen got a mini-skirt-upgrade.
Just noticed the VERY nice background scene of your pictures... I have still a lot of work to do.

current TODO list for spacestation:
- turn the light of for some of the windows, maybe create a shadow behind one or two of them
- model the interior of one hangar
- model the interior of the control tower (the one with the five HUGE windows ^^)

Yes, but I didn't make that ship, I bought it. I'm just using stuff that other--more talented--people have made. I am NOT a modeller like you. I lack the abilities. MonkeyFist lacks the patience for working with computer modeling to do it. You get good with modelling, you can sell what you made. Look up Stonemason. I'll see something of his show up and all the 3d artists I know will, in one voice, scream "CURSE YOU, STONEMASON!"

A look into the control room of the spacestation...

[table]
[/table]

Mark Skarr Wrote:Yeah, that looks sooooooo much better now.  Awesome work, HRogge!
MonkeyFist had asked, a while ago for a Steampunk Skuld . . ..
[Image: SteampunkSkuldj.jpg]
Can't help but think that Steampunk Skuld should http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20110713]carry a spanner instead of a hammer... but if it's a hammer she's carrying, it really shouldn't be the plastic-looking one she has in canon - it doesn't look "in genre".

(Maybe the same mesh with a wood-and-brass texture?)
--
Rob Kelk

A combined shot of the tower room and the space station, this shot took ~36 minutes to render. Damned, I need a faster computer. Wink

[table]
[/table]

Heh.  I'm running an 8-core i7.  I'll also export rendering cycles to MonkeyFist's computer for 8 more cores (he and I have identical computers).
It still takes 8-16 hours to get a decent render through Lux . . . which you can use with Blender.

Mark Skarr Wrote:Heh.  I'm running an 8-core i7.  I'll also export rendering cycles to MonkeyFist's computer for 8 more cores (he and I have identical computers).
It still takes 8-16 hours to get a decent render through Lux . . . which you can use with Blender.
I think I will stay with Blender for the moment, its only a small Hobby, so I don't want to invest lots of money in software.

8-16 hours per rendering makes doing animations nearly impossible. Sad

Mark Skarr Wrote:Heh.  I'm running an 8-core i7.  I'll also export rendering cycles to MonkeyFist's computer for 8 more cores (he and I have identical computers).
Hmmmmm... I wonder whether they make a version of Lux for z/OS... and I wonder whether I can actually use the office mainframe for personal projects.

(Just kidding, of course. I already know I can't use the office mainframe for personal projects...)
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:HRogge wrote:

I think I will stay with Blender for the moment, its only a small Hobby, so I don't want to invest lots of money in software.
8-16 hours per rendering makes doing animations nearly impossible. Sad
For Blender, Lux is free.  For those of us using Daz, the bridge is $80.  And, if you have a rendering farm, it makes it take far less time.  Which, I'm sorry to say, is really the only way to do animation anymore.  I'm strongly considering buying a group of quad-core (intel) computers and networking them so I can use them as a rendering farm.  Lux and AMD don't get along, and they're not sure why (neither do I, but that's because AMD's screwed me a number of times in the past).
ETA: Just as an example, this pic I posted in the Dr. Who plot bunny thread has only been rendering for 36 minutes.  It was at ~61 samples per pixel.  I usually look for 1.5k~3k samples per pixel as a "finished" picture.
[Image: ShortDalekJ.jpg]

Mark Skarr Wrote:For Blender, Lux is free.  For those of us using Daz, the bridge is $80.  And, if you have a rendering farm, it makes it take far less time.  Which, I'm sorry to say, is really the only way to do animation anymore.  I'm strongly considering buying a group of quad-core (intel) computers and networking them so I can use them as a rendering farm.  Lux and AMD don't get along, and they're not sure why (neither do I, but that's because AMD's screwed me a number of times in the past).

I think I will stay with my little Core2 Duo for a while... I am not doing that much rendering (and all of it just for fun) that I want to buy extra hardware for it.

Maybe when I upgrade my computer, I will see that I grab a little bit more power than I had planned Wink
[META/Image] Hand of Bobb's Stuff

HRogge, this script to import Poser props into Blender has just been brought to my attention: http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php]%[link=http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php]http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php]

Don't know whether you can use it, but thought you might like to know it's out there.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:HRogge, this script to import Poser props into Blender has just been brought to my attention: http://blender3dclub.com/PT2blog/blog1.php

I will look at it. At the moment I am using only Blender, but it might become useful later. [Image: banana-dance.gif]

{edit}
Just rendered the last image again, but with indirect lighting. Takes more time, but I think its worth the effort.
[table]
[Image: Boards_%252528il%252529.jpg]
From Experiments with Blender
%[link=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bxenIHNHtLi1ueeKSn7Tgg?feat=embedwebsite][Image: Boards3.jpg]
From %[link=http://picasaweb.google.com/HRogge/ExperimentsWithBlender?authuser=0&feat=embedwebsite]Experiments with Blender]
[Image: Jenga-3.jpg]
[Image: Jenga%252520Tower%2525201.jpg]
[Image: Jenga%252520Tower%2525203.jpg]