Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page loading problem

The boards are continuing to rubber-band between the Present and something around 1330 EST. I dunno what's happening, but I can at least recognize that it's consistently flipping back to a specific point in time.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Anybody have any of these problems since, say, 5 PM eastern?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I didn't note the time, but it did clear up after a few hours. 5-6 sounds right enough.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Hm. Might have been a system-wide glitch again. Five was a guess based on adding half an hour to the last report; I suspected given that I was reading the thread 15 hours later that it was probably already resolved if there weren't further reports.

Still, if it happens again, post here. I've been impressed with the new Yuku support system, as it seems a lot more responsive than the old one, and I'm happy to take a problem to them now. (And can I just note that it's incredibly rare that a change in ownership improves things?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

This is a bit of a guess, as I have no knowledge of forum software; but I noticed that right after making a post, the thread would have all the latest info. If you refreshed the page, or navigated away and back, things would disappear again. To that end, it may be an issue with the page not querying the database properly and displaying last-good/cached results. When you make a post, it likely does it's own separate refresh of the thread to display your new one.
---