Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming on cranky
Re: hm if I may?
Most of this discussion comes about because, while a good idea at the time, Haruni is not the right sort of character to be prosecuting a war.
From what I've seen, the SOS-dan would probably be better off as OGJ's strategists. However this goes against the character of Haruni as established (she wants to be in charge).
Thus we get character conflicts that, while providing a nice hook for plot lines, run straight into the Canon Area of Doubt and Uncertainty.
And because of THAT, we have to decide what to do with her. The Options as I see it at the moment:
1) We can establish what she is for at least the writers, and dance arround it in the story.
2) We can ignore it, which involves retconning some publishe story elements.
3) We write her out, possibly by making the scenario 'not fun' for her so she leaves. Of course, then we have to figure out who to replace the SOS-dan with.
Any more ideas?
4) We can establish what she is, and not necessarily dance around it. In particular, if she's actually "waved fan with a few special insights and a whole lot of megalomania" then having her outed as that to a greater or lesser degree (to either small secretive groups or everybody) could work fine. It'd be a significant twist, and not something we'd necessarily want to do without some Moving The Uberplot semi-consensus, but there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea.
edit: oops.
Personally, I find the idea of Haruhi's true nature being so very unknown aesthetically pleasing in a way that I can't come up with a way to adequately describe.
Though, if we go with Rob's idea, I kind of like the idea of none of them having their original memories, and Yuki at some point realizing something was up and putting the pieces together to figure out what really happened. (I don't think going mad would be a problem for Mikuru, who from the novels has pretty limited authority on her own. And Yuki I think could handle it. Of course, as a Nagato-lover, my opinions might be suspect. ^_- )
Mind you, I don't feel I could *write* that story. '.'
There's another decision that it seems like has to be made here... If Haruhi's true nature, whatever it may be, is to come out, when does it happen?
It'd probably mess up a lot of stuff to have it be before the "With great justice" thread. Which leaves having it occur around that time frame (possibly leading from AAA's suggestions, possibly not), or doing a limited retcon like I suggested before, and having the reveal take place at a later time.
And... there was something else, but I can't think of it now. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)