Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news

What really sucks is that it's making it way too easy for the Democrats. At this point, all they gotta do is just trot out Hillary and it's like an instant 'I Win!' button, because, let's face it: Trump's gonna split the Republican ballot... That, or the Tea Party will become an actual political party instead of just hiding in the GOP's coat tails, and Trump will run on that ticket instead.

ordnance11 Wrote:Well, Trump has started a war on women. ...
I thought he didn't like anybody who wasn't a middle- or upper-class white male.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
What really sucks is that it's making it way too easy for the Democrats. At this point, all they gotta do is just trot out Hillary and it's like an instant 'I Win!' button, because, let's face it: Trump's gonna split the Republican ballot... That, or the Tea Party will become an actual political party instead of just hiding in the GOP's coat tails, and Trump will run on that ticket instead.
You can trot out Joe Biden, O'Malley or Bernie Sanders and the Democrats can still win. The Tea Party at this point is the tail wagging the dog, which is the GOP. They lose this presidential cycle and there is gong to be some sort of shakeup.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
Well, Trump has started a war on women. ...
I thought he didn't like anybody who wasn't a middle- or upper-class white male.
The Archie Bunker/Rush Limbaugh subset of the GOP? Well, he already has a lock on those folks. I think Cruz is waiting to Trump to flame out, then he takes over.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, Trump has started a war on women. ...
Fixed that for you, Rob. [Image: banana-dance.gif]
Seriously, I'm pretty sure that if you aren't white, male, straight, and filthy rich, you aren't good enough for him. And yes, I listed those in what is the most probable order of his preferred requirements to be considered a proper person to him.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... _make.html

Ratings "trumps" common sense.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Yesterday's editorial cartoon in the Ottawa Sun:

[img]http://storage.ottawasun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297734861669_COMICS.jpg?quality=80&stmp=1439270010459&size=650x">
--
Rob Kelk

Trump upped the ante on immigration...
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/d ... ml?hp=t1_r
He wants a repeal of the 14th Amendment. If that gets repealed, what would be the definition of citizenship be then?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Considering some of the allegedly serious proposals to come out the Republican camp over the past few years (anyone else remember "bring back the land ownership requirement for voting privileges"?) it'll probably be a minimum income or something similar.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

In other words, bring it back to the god ole days. And half the GOP herd buys in into it? Ugh.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

This is interesting.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/t ... 21583.html
Someone in his business organization is trying to lay down the ground work when he drops out of the race.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... state.html
Trump didn't pledge loyalty to the GOP. The GOP pledge loyalty to Trump.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolit ... n-rhetoric
Somehow, I doubt they'll listen.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

No bet.

Hell, they're already ignoring the 2012 post-mortem. When truth and good sense conflict with ideology, ideology always wins.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Assuming one of the establishment candidates win the nomination, how are they going to do this particular "etch and sketch" maneuver? Being able to speak spanish directly to the audience is not going to help in outreach when the rest of the party thinks they should build a wall across the border.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Apparently, Trump's comments about immigration are being used verbatim in an al-Shabaab recruitment video:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-trump-1.3387372

Is there anybody here who didn't see this coming?
--
Rob Kelk

Thing is, when the accusation was made it wasn't and quite frankly, how effective will it really be. I mean they didn't make the video until after Hillary made the accusation so it could be argued, (not well I admit) that they stole her idea. Second, how much is someone in Cairo or Budapest or anywhere else outside the United States or the UN gonna care that we've stopped one particular religion from entering. They will just chalk it up to another evil of the great Satan and continue spouting their anti-America rhetoric. Its not like by us letting them come and go as they please is stopping their rhetoric.

Quote:Rajvik wrote:
Thing is, when the accusation was made it wasn't and quite frankly, how effective will it really be. I mean they didn't make the video until after Hillary made the accusation so it could be argued, (not well I admit) that they stole her idea. Second, how much is someone in Cairo or Budapest or anywhere else outside the United States or the UN gonna care that we've stopped one particular religion from entering. They will just chalk it up to another evil of the great Satan and continue spouting their anti-America rhetoric. Its not like by us letting them come and go as they please is stopping their rhetoric.
Considering Trump just about dared Al-Shabaab (or any terrorist organization) to make the video, I'm not surprised. We'll see what happens come Iowa and New Hampshire. One thing to like a guy. Another thing to vote for him. An example would be Rudy Giuliani. He was riding high in the polls before he crashed.

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Rajvik Wrote:Thing is, when the accusation was made it wasn't and quite frankly, how effective will it really be. I mean they didn't make the video until after Hillary made the accusation so it could be argued, (not well I admit) that they stole her idea.
I recall hearing the predictions that such a video would be made within minutes of Trump making the comments. The Democrats waited longer than that to make their comments.

Rajvik Wrote:Second, how much is someone in Cairo or Budapest or anywhere else outside the United States or the UN gonna care that we've stopped one particular religion from entering. They will just chalk it up to another evil of the great Satan and continue spouting their anti-America rhetoric. Its not like by us letting them come and go as they please is stopping their rhetoric.
Saying that you might stop them coming and going has increased their rhetoric, in that they have something new to talk about - and this particular rhetoric is being aimed at people inside the USA who have no reason to like the Republicans. Think of them as an offshore PAC, which they weren't previously.
--
Rob Kelk

And now Trump is turning on Cruz by using the birther gambit.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Hoo-wheee, this is gonna get flashy.

ordnance11 Wrote:And now Trump is turning on Cruz by using the birther gambit.
Wasn't Trump's mother born in Scotland?
--
Rob Kelk

And now Trump is turning on Cruz by using the birther gambit.
Wasn't Trump's mother born in Scotland?
Yes, but he war born in Queens, NY. Red, white and blue. Cruz otoh was born in Canada to an american mother. He had dual citizenship until recently. I like the way Trump framed it. Not that Cruz is a Canuck tar baby, but the DNC will hammer Cruz with that factoid come the general election..Most Dems are prepared to dislike Cruz many other things, so that won't wash. But Iowans caucusing a candidate who is a pseudo american? That be a different kettle of fish.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

And this is why I never really got behind the birther movement when it came to Obama. The only question i had there was whether or not his mother had renounced her and his citizenship when they went to live in Indonesia. Cruz is clean and Trump has stepped in it on this one