Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Apparently Cruz is a "natural-born citizen" under the US constitution. Show of hands from anybody who didn't expect to see that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Also on BBC: Is the US presidential race 'rigged'? I seem to see some oddities in the analysis - point #1 says it's rigged because the Republicans use "winner take all" for their delegate selection, while point #2 says it's rigged because the Democrats don't use "winner take all" for their delegate selection... or am I reading the article incorrectly?
The BBC is overlooking the obvious--it's been over 150 years since someone who wasn't a Democrat or Republican was elected President.

It looks like Trump can't control his ego. He'll need the GOP party machine during the pivot to the general election IF (now a big if) he wins the nomination. He softens his tone one instance and goes back to the same old Trump the next. Is the guy bipolar or something?
Edit: Oh, The New York Post stated that Trump needs to get rid all of his negative traits, but they'll endorse hm anyway.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, it looks like his new hire his trying to convince the RNC that Trump's public persona is an act and that he's "evolving".
Evolving into what pray tell?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:Well, it looks like his new hire his trying to convince the RNC that Trump's public persona is an act and that he's "evolving".

Evolving into what pray tell?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29]Mega Absol or http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29]Liepard, perhaps?

EDIT: A couple of days later, I come up with a better response:
Somebody in Trump's organization believes in evolution?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh, this is good...Charles Koch says it's possble that Hillary is better than Trump
It must be the end of the world as we know it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, barring a miracle..Trump is going to be the nominee. The thought of a POTUS Trump getting a hold of the nuclear arsenal is freaking scary. Did anyne see clips of his foregin policy speech? The only one who is smiling right now is Putin.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, it's official. Trump is now the GOP nominee. The talking heads will now analyze what happened. Frankly, I point it to none of the other 16 bashing him down when he started making those outrageous remarks. Instead you got Cruz bear hugging the guy..way in the beginning. He probably thought that he can get Trump's voters when Trump falls out. Instead, Trump ate his lunch.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I came across another good article explaining where Trump's support comes from:

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/s ... liberalism

We have chosen the form of the destroyer. And it looks a lot like the Stay Puft marshmallow man in a suit and tie. 

Quote:Logan Darklighter wrote:
We have chosen the form of the destroyer. And it looks a lot like the Stay Puft marshmallow man in a suit and tie. 
You forgot the orange tan and hair.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, it's now going to be a get out the vote election. Which candidate do you fear the most? Note, I said fear, not loathe. All the Democrats have to do is to put out a video of Trump's most outrageous statements. And his willingness to follow through.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

They will only do that if they truly want to lose, because seriously Ordinance, the population is tired of politics as usual. I think Trump is going to end up pulling in a good number of the Sanders supporters when the DNC nominates Hillary simply because they voted Bernie and the super-delegates handed it to her. I don't think it's a given that he will win but I'm going to laugh my ass off if my prediction is true.

It's been true for some time now that the majority of voters don't bother voting for President. Trump seems to have done a good job of convincing people that he's not just another indistinguishable politician, so it will be interesting to see if there's a higher turnout from people who aren't interested in the Democrat vs. Republican games thinking that this time voting might make a difference.

Well, watch the shambolic chaos that will erupt if Trump becomes POTUS. Because he doesn't have clue of who will be appointed down to the sub cabinet level. And none of the names he did say he'll nominate already said they're not interested in joining. And come June, the transition process begins.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

And what a wonderful concept he has of economic policy -- let the US default on its debt, and then renegotiate it. And print more money to pay for everything. Obviously he's never taken Econ 101. Nor does he apparently understand bond ratings and what they mean to an issuer.

And the question of just how much money he really has is rearing its head again... there are a lot of sources that are pointing at his personal worth being far less than he's claiming on the order of a quarter or less of the billions he says he's worth. And he seems to be doing everything he can to keep that information from going public -- apparently being perceived as a billionaire is not just a campaign point, but an ego thing for him at this point...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:And what a wonderful concept he has of economic policy -- let the US default on its debt, and then renegotiate it.
Well, that would be one way of ending the use of the US dollar as a worldwide currency...
--
Rob Kelk

I hear there a dating website that is setting up Americans with Canadians just in case Trump wins. You know, so Americans can get the hell out before the country self-destructs.

Not that I think it'll be a neat and tidy affair. If anything is gonna start the next World War, it's gonna be this.

Sadly, the one thing we can be absolutely sure of if Trump wins is that none of the people who say they'll leave the country if he wins will actually leave the country.

They won't be able to...

Mexico will pay to build a wall.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
And what a wonderful concept he has of economic policy -- let the US default on its debt, and then renegotiate it.
Well, that would be one way of ending the use of the US dollar as a worldwide currency...
Well, I'm tempted to ask Rob if there are any Industrial Hygienist positions in Ottawa, but since I just bought a house in D.C. that's off the table. So, my next home improvement projects are these:
1.  Have a gate and backyard wall built. (already planned)
2. Have a fallout shelter built. I'll have to figure out the specs.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:And what a wonderful concept he has of economic policy -- let the US default on its debt, and then renegotiate it.

Well, I'm tempted to ask Rob if there are any Industrial Hygienist positions in Ottawa, but since I just bought a house in D.C. that's off the table. So, my next home improvement projects are these:

1.  Have a gate and backyard wall built. (already planned)

2. Have a fallout shelter built. I'll have to figure out the specs.

Of course there are Industrial Hygienist positions in Ottawa. Alas, most if not all of them already have Industrial Hygienists filling them.

More seriously, as for fallout shelter specs, this may be of interest: http://www.fema.gov/pdf/plan/prevent/rm ... ema453.pdf
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
And what a wonderful concept he has of economic policy -- let the US default on its debt, and then renegotiate it. And print more money to pay for everything. Obviously he's never taken Econ 101. Nor does he apparently understand bond ratings and what they mean to an issuer.
And as is typical for Trump, as soon as pretty much the entire financial industry pointed out that this was mindbogglingly stupid, he immediately backpedaled so hard and fast it's a wonder he didn't trip over himself.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Black Aeronaut Wrote:I hear there a dating website that is setting up Americans with Canadians just in case Trump wins. You know, so Americans can get the hell out before the country self-destructs.
It's still being set up. http://www.maplematch.com/]Maple Match: "Make dating great again."

Hosted in the States, according to the radio interview I heard this morning. They also mentioned the unique hits so far are roughly 3/4 from the US and 1/4 from Canada, so don't pin all your hopes on that site.
--
Rob Kelk

khagler Wrote:Sadly, the one thing we can be absolutely sure of if Trump wins is that none of the people who say they'll leave the country if he wins will actually leave the country.
Obligatory xkcd reference:

[Image: canada.png]
--
Rob Kelk

WHEN YOUR CHOICES FOR PRESIDENT
OF THE UNITED STATES COMES DOWN TO
DONALD TRUMP OR HILLARY CLINTON...
[Image: AsQ5c4M.gif]