Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news the second

Trump to nuke Iran?

http://www.debka.com/article/25774/Trum ... arget-Iran

Personally I think their will be a nuclear conflict between Iran and Israel sooner rather than later, it is just a matter of who strikes first.

Mark

Won a hundred quid betting o Trump. Never bet against stupidity.

Have y been sober since next Wednesday basis of that.

Worlds funked. Cooked.

How can anyone vote for a flicking fascist unless they don't know what a fascinating it is.

How can anyone not know what a fascist is.?

Pro ably the same people surprised when the camp gates welcome the with open arms.

You elected a nazi.

You Fuck ing morons.

You have a nazi nuclear weapons.

You gave a retarded nazi nuclear weapons.

You should never be forgiven.

It might startle you to learn that people who voted for Trump don't agree with your assessment of his character.

-Morgan.

The worst part is, I fucking get it. I won a hundred quid betting on the fucker and I drank it all hah. It's the same pattern the whole world over right now. I fucking get it alright. The system borked in the most obscene way possible.

But you gave sole authority to use nuclear weapons to a thing that is petty and vindictive in a way that makes nixon seem moderate. This is a thing that will go on an hour long rant about how it will destroy the people who would dare to not help it after it fucked up. An egotistical, self-absorbed lunatic.

And now you have this shit coming out of the woodwork...

There is no escaping it.

You elected a fascist.
A proper, warts and all, day of the jackboot, fascist.

"Hey, maybe he's not so bad...."

They said the same thing about Hitler. Literally, Hitler. To hell with Godwin. It's a valid bloody comparison this time. A bigger, stupider, boorish, braggart of a Hitler. The American Hitler. Jesus Christ do you people even know anything about history? About WW2 and the shit that actually led up to it beyond it being 'The one that we won?'.

You voted for this. Maybe not today. Maybe not even next year. But you've uncorked the madness again and given it the boldness to step back out into the light and make itself seen.

But at least I got a hundred bucks worth of whiskey out of it.

Drank it already. Least I can do.

Dartz Wrote:...
How can anyone not know what a fascist is.?
Considering how many people use the insult "commie fascist" without irony, it's obviously possible to not know what a fascist is (or what a communist is).
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
Quote:You're that close to a target? Don't waste your money on a bomb shelter - it won't do you any good
Don't you mean  right at ground zero?  Because all of D.C is one big fat target. You got the White House, Pentagon and Andrews AFB in  the same area. When you have enough warheads, why not go for overkill? I expect at least 2-5 megaton multiple MIRV's.  Whether the shelter does any good depends on the day or time of the day ICBM's gets launched. If it's late afternoon local or the weekend, it's useful. During the workday, well the workplace was designated as a shelter in the 50's so just go to the lowest level (how low I'm not gonna tell) and should be able to ride it out.  Unless they decided to launch a ground penetrator nuke. What happens after the strike is gonna be interesting.
Ummm, ordnance, who do you expect to be launching those ICBMs?  'Cause the Ivans are happy as clams with a Trump presidency, and he's perfectly fine with letting them run the Middle East, as long as we get a hefty share of the oil.  I doubt that China has anything that can reach all the way to Washington, unless it's launched from the Atlantic.  
Who else? The new POTUS. The thin skinned leader who stated during the election that he sees no reason to not use nuclear weapons. Which was one reason I voted against him. I got skin (my own) in this game. I can easily see him starting WWIII for S&G. What you folks seem to forget is that there are no controls against a POTUS deciding on his own to kick off a nuclear exchange. Once he gives the order, the entire command structure has been designed and trained to follow through. Period.
So the next terrorist attack the comes around, any takers that Trump won't decide to launch a nuke in exchange? So if Hezbollah does something to us, he takes out Tehran? Because there are better ways of retaliation.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:Morganite wrote:
It might startle you to learn that people who voted for Trump don't agree with your assessment of his character.

-Morgan.
So do tell, what sort of character do you see him as having?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:Dartz wrote:
The worst part is, I fucking get it. I won a hundred quid betting on the fucker and I drank it all hah. It's the same pattern the whole world over right now. I fucking get it alright. The system borked in the most obscene way possible.

But you gave sole authority to use nuclear weapons to a thing that is petty and vindictive in a way that makes nixon seem moderate. This is a thing that will go on an hour long rant about how it will destroy the people who would dare to not help it after it fucked up. An egotistical, self-absorbed lunatic.

And now you have this shit coming out of the woodwork...

There is no escaping it.

You elected a fascist.

A proper, warts and all, day of the jackboot, fascist.

"Hey, maybe he's not so bad...."

They said the same thing about Hitler. Literally, Hitler. To hell with Godwin. It's a valid bloody comparison this time. A bigger, stupider, boorish, braggart of a Hitler. The American Hitler. Jesus Christ do you people even know anything about history? About WW2 and the shit that actually led up to it beyond it being 'The one that we won?'.

You voted for this. Maybe not today. Maybe not even next year. But you've uncorked the madness again and given it the boldness to step back out into the light and make itself seen.

But at least I got a hundred bucks worth of whiskey out of it.

Drank it already. Least I can do.
Dartz, do me a favor. If D.C. gets nuked, have a drink in my memory.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:... I can easily see him starting WWIII for S&G. What you folks seem to forget is that there are no controls against a POTUS deciding on his own to kick off a nuclear exchange. Once he gives the order, the entire command structure has been designed and trained to follow through. Period. ...
Really?
When were 809[890].ART.90 (20), 891.ART.91 (2), 892.ART.92 (1), and 892.ART.92 (2) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice amended to say that?
--
Rob Kelk

Article claims Hillary used her contacts to help get Trump elected as Republican nominee because he would be easier to beat.
http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/inte ... n-history/
I have no idea if it is true or nit, but if it is then it is the classic case of be careful what you wish for.
Mark

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
... I can easily see him starting WWIII for S&G. What you folks seem to forget is that there are no controls against a POTUS deciding on his own to kick off a nuclear exchange. Once he gives the order, the entire command structure has been designed and trained to follow through. Period. ...
Really?
When were 809[890].ART.90 (20), 891.ART.91 (2), 892.ART.92 (1), and 892.ART.92 (2) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice amended to say that?
Rob, the UCMJ was designed to establish military discipline. Legal orders are to be carried out. Whether it's legal or not is the tricky part. Remember Abu Grhaub? And I am cynical about a Jack Ryan in the Trump administration.
Edit: Bannon as Trump's main strategist. The alt right becomes mainstream. Welcome to the New Order.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:... I can easily see him starting WWIII for S&G. What you folks seem to forget is that there are no controls against a POTUS deciding on his own to kick off a nuclear exchange. Once he gives the order, the entire command structure has been designed and trained to follow through. Period. ...

Really?

Rob, the UCMJ was designed to establish military discipline. Legal orders are to be carried out. Whether it's legal or not is the tricky part. Remember Abu Grhaub? And I am cynical about a Jack Ryan in the Trump administration.

What's so tricky about only Congress having the power to declare war?
--
Rob Kelk

Because the President can still start a conflict on his own and has something like, um, I think it's 60 days before he has to justify it to Congress? This was a rule instituted back when it could take sixty days just to get an armed force within striking distance of the potential enemy... Given modern transportation and weapons, it probably should be sixty minutes now. As it is, the President could easily order a nuclear strike and have two months before having to answer any inconvenient questions about why.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

So, my first thought would be, answer to what Congress?

Then again, I'm sure it won't be anyone who could conceiveably retaliate, or anyone that could conceiveably have a friend retaliate in their favour, that gets nuked. That's how bullies work.

Yeah, well, I did include a similar implication in my original text (a purge of hostile Congressfolk during that sixty days), but I took it out for being just a hair too paranoid and snarky.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Yeah, well, I did include a similar implication in my original text (a purge of hostile Congressfolk during that sixty days), but I took it out for being just a hair too paranoid and snarky.
Michael Kurland, The Last President, 1980:  alternate Watergate, "Deep Throat" found out and murdered, reporter driven to suicide, and finally the president or one of his top aides gets too fed up with Congress and it's tac-nuke time....
Quote:Then again, I'm sure it won't be anyone who could conceiveably retaliate, or anyone that could conceiveably have a friend retaliate in their favour, that gets nuked. That's how bullies work.
Which is why I asked who ordnance thought was going to nuke D.C.-----
I finally quit drinking for good.  Now I drink for EVIL!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Michael Kurland, The Last President, 1980:  alternate Watergate, "Deep Throat" found out and murdered, reporter driven to suicide, and finally the president or one of his top aides gets too fed up with Congress and it's tac-nuke time....
Quote:Then again, I'm sure it won't be anyone who could conceiveably retaliate, or anyone that could conceiveably have a friend retaliate in their favour, that gets nuked. That's how bullies work.

Which is why I asked who ordnance thought was going to nuke D.C.-----
I finally quit drinking for good.  Now I drink for EVIL!
And as I said, who ever decides to lob an ICBM in response to Trump's kicking off a nuclear exchange. Btw, plating a tac nuke in or under the capitol building is not practical anymore. Not with all the ground security. Now plowing a 747 or equivalent size aircraft into the building OTOH...
Edit Oh this is rich:
Quote:During their private White House meeting on Thursday, [President] Obama
walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr.
Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the
meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the
entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at
the end of Mr. Obama’s term.
Considering that the #never trump movement has a large part of the national security establishment, it'll be interesting to see  how they are going to find 4000 competent people in short order. Trump's fueher prinzip seems to be workng perfectly.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

You know, it's news like that which gives me hope that the Trump administration will be too busy trying to find its own ass to actually have time to be evil...

Of course, some enemy will see it as an opportunity.
-- Bob
---------

An angry liberal I can RESPECT!!  Holy shite! 

You know, it's news like that which gives me hope that the Trump administration will be too busy trying to find its own ass to actually have time to be evil...

Of course, some enemy will see it as an opportunity.
Bob, it may be worse than I thought:[url=]The war between the GOP establishment and the alt right had begun.[/url]
This is the kicker
Quote:Inside Trump Tower in Manhattan, where the president-elect is planning
his government, the shift is seen as a clear signal that Trump will
govern more in line with the populist, hardline campaign he ran, the
people said.
Ain't that the kicker. Right now the GOP part of the Hill is singing Hallelujah and saying there will be a kinder, gentler Trump. Pardon me if I'm skeptical. Also Muriel Bowser, the D.C. mayor affirmed that D.C. will remain a sanctuary city. Oh and a bit of gossip. One of the flag officers will have to be kicked out of his quarters because the Naval Observatory is going to be renovated for the new VP and he'll have to take over one of the flag quarters. Either it's going to be the CNO, his Chief of Staff or even the Commandant. Should be fun!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Apparently there are some (4,000!) gaps in the incoming Trump administration.Don't wait, apply now?
EDIT: I see the openings have already been mentioned. Oops! At least the application website is new?

I imagine Congress must be a bit uncomfortable right now, considering that if they get obstructionist on some of these policies Trump wants to roll out (term limits) they might find themselves eaten alive by their own constituents...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

So... latest news in the "What do you mean the entire White House staff needs to be replaced?" problem for the Trump transition team: Their finely-measured, well-considered response to this completely unexpected and unprecedented requirement is to http://www.greatagain.gov/serve-america.html]put up a cattle call on the Trump campaign website. Complete with language that makes it sound like they have no one to spare to vet these applicants and are expecting no one but Trump loyalists to even apply.
I think we can all guess (all of us except Trump staff, that is) what's going to happen here.
-- Bob
---------

So... latest news in the "What do you mean the entire White House staff needs to be replaced?" problem for the Trump transition team: Their finely-measured, well-considered response to this completely unexpected and unprecedented requirement is to put up a cattle call on the Trump campaign website. Complete with language that makes it sound like they have no one to spare to vet these applicants and are expecting no one but Trump loyalists to even apply.
I think we can all guess (all of us except Trump staff, that is) what's going to happen here.
Shambolic chaos? I already suspected that. The removal of Christie as the head of transition team showed that. Loyalty above competence. Expect the US to be run like a banana republic for a while.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

"I totally would have won that fraud case, but I don't have time. Oh look, people were harassing the VP with free speech! SAFE SPACES! SAFE SPACES!"

Fucking Christ.