Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news the second

Is this the one, Bob? http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/c ... tbart-poll

Yes, I believe it is, Stephen. Thank you.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Aaaaannnnnnnd sayonara Manafort.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Why Trump is not tweeting about the Olympics
The GOP emergency plan The last time it was used when another Clinton was running for reelection
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I'm going to miss Manafort.  No other political figure does such a great impression of Duke from Doonesbury.
And to post today's obligatory weird news to this thread, let's relate the fact that Donald Trump helped the storm relief effort in Louisiana by distributing Play-Doh at a photo op.
-- ∇×V
And from the "News We Wish Was True" Department...
http://www.thebeaverton.com/us/item/28 ... -all-along]Banksy reveals Donald Trump has been art installation all along
-- Bob
---------

"...foregoing his usual black and whites for a palette dominated by orange and diverse materials, which included real human and rat hair." 
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I'll just leave this here, since I don't have time to read the entire article on my lunch break.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/hillary-cl ... -1.3736506
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Something worrying
The thought that the Russians under Putin are:

1. Not only did they hack into the DNC and then release damaging info. The possibility that the info is going to be "edited" for the worse possible slant.
2. That they will hack into the voting machines.

I am surprised that no surrogates had raised the issue that the Putin is angling for a Trump resident.  

Assuming the polls hold, the question coming up is not whether HRC will win but by how big? Still plan to vote though.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
Assuming the polls hold, the question coming up is not whether HRC will win but by how big? Still plan to vote though.
I plan on voting also. As Wil Wheaton has put it, we need to all vote, and we need to landslide the Republicans into a snap back to reality. And again in two years, and four years from now.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Quote:JFerio wrote:
I plan on voting also. As Wil Wheaton has put it, we need to all vote, and we need to landslide the Republicans into a snap back to reality. And again in two years, and four years from now.
That even possible?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:JFerio wrote:
That even possible?
Snapping them back to reality? Not sure, but we at least have to try it and see if it works or makes them double down.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

If you do nothing, you get the status quo.

If you do something illegal, you get a jail sentence.

Voting is the only other thing on the option list that might be effective, as far as I can tell...
--
Rob Kelk

I've always felt there should be a "none of the above" option on all voting papers (as in Brewster's Millions IIRC). As for the 2016 vote, certainly on this side of the atlantic, its the first time I seen a story talking about not having a vote at all.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... l-election
Mark

Honestly, I wonder what a "None of the above" vote could result in. The elimination of all candidates and a reboot of the election with new candidates?

Black Aeronaut Wrote:Honestly, I wonder what a "None of the above" vote could result in. The elimination of all candidates and a reboot of the election with new candidates?
I am not a lawyer, and I am not a US voter.

My guess would be that "none of the above" would let the Electoral College choose anyone who is eligible to become President, except for the people whose names appeared on the ballot. But that's just my guess.
--
Rob Kelk

And did any watch or read Trump's speech in Phoenix:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... ge%2Fstory

He just lost whatever Hispanic support he has. Heck, any minority support he has. So all those who plan to vote for Trump, do you want to raise your hands?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

.... I'm starting to wonder if his strategy is to be so outlandish that opposing voters don't even bother to vote at all, believing this to be such a one-sided affair.

If so, I worry sometimes he might be right. Refuge in Audacity not only works on TV, it works in real life, too.

If the Electoral College fails to select a President, the election is then thrown to the House of Representatives, which would be a right charlie foxtrot.  And I do mean right, because Pelosi and Hoyer are very very good at whipping votes in a way the Republicans can't match.
Back on the news part of it, Trump went to Mexico to meet with El Presidente de México.  He was told that Mexico would never pay for the wall right off the bat.  Then that night, he gave his "major immigration speech", which supposedly was going to shift to the center on immigration.  What we got?  More "Mexico will pay for the wall, 100%", and this headline: Donald Trump breathes fire in immigration speech.  He's the first candidate in recent memory to call for additional limits on legal immigration.  His call for a deportation force has been renewed, and I assume they'll get their own special shirt color.  And he's promised to cut off all federal funding to San Francisco and other "sanctuary cities".
This is shaping up to be a watershed election, a choice between 4 years of mediocrity or 100 years of darkness.  If Trump wins, I think I'm going to start advocating that California should leave the Union.  Save everyone that we can while there's still time.  Maybe even let the USN lease San Diego from us.  We wouldn't even have to change the flag.  I'd rather live in a Jerry Brown hegemony than a racist dystopia.  I mean for Christ's sake, would it have been that hard to vote for Jeb, people?  He seems like a nice guy.
-- ∇×V
Oooooh, *burn*
Garrison Keillor very politely eviscerates Trump in an opinion piece for the Chicago Tribune.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Garrison Keillor very politely eviscerates Trump in an opinion piece for the Chicago Tribune.
Hmmmmm... Let me try channeling Trump without hearing his thoughts on this:

. It's Chicago - that's in Illinois, and that's where Obama's from. Of course they aren't going to like Trump! It's part of the conspiracy!

Now let's see how close I came...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Garrison Keillor very politely eviscerates Trump in an opinion piece for the Chicago Tribune.
Hmmmmm... Let me try channeling Trump without hearing his thoughts on this:

. It's Chicago - that's in Illinois, and that's where Obama's from. Of course they aren't going to like Trump! It's part of the conspiracy!

Now let's see how close I came...
But Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan neo Marxist! Obama's not from there!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I haven't had time to read this yet - it's very long.

Make America White Again - why US politics will never be the same again.
--
Rob Kelk

I had to stop after the first section.

The problem that the French are having? We have it too. The thing is, though, is that ISIS just provides a convenient outlet for it. And even with our restrictions on immigration, we're starting to get the same thing here.

How long is it going to take people to realize that ISIS and the Taliban no more represent Islam than the Ku Klux Klan represents Christianity?

Alas, there are a few people who do not want to realize that.
--
Rob Kelk