Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news the second

We recognize it, yet we're regarded as racists and xenophobic when we call on the Islamic community to do something about it themselves. When it gets to the point that you are having to segregate people for their own and your own safety then people like the clan and Isis have won.

Part of the trouble, though, is that groups like ISIS and Taliban are very quick to quash any sort of resistance. And any outside resistance that -can- do something about them... Well, it's all tied up in the politics of Southeast Asia. Everyone has an ax to grind against everyone else, so good luck getting them to work together. Muslims that come here to America are often trying to get the fuck away from that bullshit.

So. Hillary has pneumonia.

Which means... er... ah... Trump was right abut something.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Part of the trouble, though, is that groups like ISIS and Taliban are very quick to quash any sort of resistance. And any outside resistance that -can- do something about them... Well, it's all tied up in the politics of Southeast Asia. Everyone has an ax to grind against everyone else, so good luck getting them to work together. Muslims that come here to America are often trying to get the fuck away from that bullshit.
And which is part of what terrorists are trying to stop by wrapping themselves in a shroud of Muslim retoric; it's a lot harder for innocents to get away from the bullshit when the places they can go don't want them.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

robkelk Wrote:Which means... er... ah... Trump was right abut something.
Even a broken clock, etc.  And Rob, your Canadian accent is showing.

The news today is the Donald finally admitted Obama was born in America.  Let's see how long it takes him to walk back on that.  I fully expect some comment like "whereever you think Obama was born, there are lots of opinions out there" by next week.
-- ∇×V

According to the BBC, he's now blaming the Birther Conspiracy on Hillary.

Jinx999 Wrote:According to the BBC, he's now blaming the Birther Conspiracy on Hillary.
According to the CBC, he said that in the same speech where he said Obama was born in the USA.

He also said in that speech that he ended the Birther conspiracy-theory when Obama produced his birth certificate. If you go through published clips from interviews with The Donald after that event, you'll see that "ended" is synonymous with "continued" in his dictionary.

And, yeah, I've never hidden the fact that I'm Canadian. Federal-level elections in the USA affect Canada, too, but we don't get a vote.

Something else that was mentioned on the CBC - if Trump wins, he and his immediate family will have to put their business holdings into a blind trust. How long would it take him to decide being President isn't worth that?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:Something else that was mentioned on the CBC - if Trump wins, he and his immediate family will have to put their business holdings into a blind trust. How long would it take him to decide being President isn't worth that?
To paraphrase Mr. Spock, you proceed from a not-necessarily-correct assumption.  What makes you think Donald Trump accepts that as President there'd be rules he couldn't just ignore?  Especially considering that every president we've had for the last I've-lost-track-but-at-a-minimum thirty-six years has danced around plenty of laws to get his own way?  Trump would probably just revive Nixon's infamous argument:  "When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal."  
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Quote:robkelk wrote:Something else that was mentioned on the CBC - if Trump wins, he and his immediate family will have to put their business holdings into a blind trust. How long would it take him to decide being President isn't worth that?
To paraphrase Mr. Spock, you proceed from a not-necessarily-correct assumption.  What makes you think Donald Trump accepts that as President there'd be rules he couldn't just ignore?  Especially considering that every president we've had for the last I've-lost-track-but-at-a-minimum thirty-six years has danced around plenty of laws to get his own way?  Trump would probably just revive Nixon's infamous argument:  "When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal."  
He doesn't accepts rules now, so what makes you think as POTUS he'll accept rules then. Better yet, what makes you sure that he won't decided to use the Treasury as his personal piggy bank? I pretty much suspect a Trump residency is going to act like a kleptocracy.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:
DHBirr Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Something else that was mentioned on the CBC - if Trump wins, he and his immediate family will have to put their business holdings into a blind trust. How long would it take him to decide being President isn't worth that?
He doesn't accepts rules now, so what makes you think as POTUS he'll accept rules then. Better yet, what makes you sure that he won't decided to use the Treasury as his personal piggy bank? I pretty much suspect a Trump residency is going to act like a kleptocracy.
I did hear that news report about his "charity" buying things for him, yes.

But, hey, if you want to elect somebody who has a history of playing fast and loose with money matters, that's your choice. And if the historical single largest producer of uranium wants to stop doing business with you because we can't trust you'll pay your bills because of your choice of leader, that's our choice. (Maybe you'll be able to buy some from Kazakhstan. You certainly don't produce enough domestically for your own use...) Not saying this will happen - maybe money will ... er... trump principles.
--
Rob Kelk

Anyone who would sell uranium to the US government has already let money trump principles. (Well, unless their principles include "try to start a global nuclear war.")

Even Clinton is doing her bit to get Trump elected now:

Clinton: ‘Why aren’t I 50 points ahead?’ of Trump

Quote:khagler wrote:
Even Clinton is doing her bit to get Trump elected now:
Clinton: ‘Why aren’t I 50 points ahead?’ of Trump
Turn the argument on it's head. The GOP could had a much better shot if they had nominated any one but Trump against Hillary. Even Cruz. That cartoon of Hillary and Bill cheering Trump on during the nomination sez it all.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Did anyone watch the debate per chance?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

About the first twelve minutes, then Hillary took her first shot at Trump and I knew where it was going.

To be fair, it's not too hard to goad Trump. From what I heard, she took him apart like a cheap pocket watch.

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
To be fair, it's not too hard to goad Trump. From what I heard, she took him apart like a cheap pocket watch.
How dare you!! It's an insult to cheap pocket watches everywhere!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

The debate was a pretty good show.  It was one of those events that reminds you how frighteningly competent Hillary Rodham Clinton is when policy and political knowledge are on display.  And of the difference that preparation can make.  It should be shown to junior high school kids as a scare film.  "This is what happens when you study... and this is what you look like when you don't study."  Stay in school, kids.
There was a lot in the media about it, ranging from Trump's cocaine habit sniffles (???), to the interruptions, to the point where Trump very nearly says that he will not accept Hillary as President.  Or the point where Clinton repeated the way Trump described a Miss Universe winner as "Miss Piggy", and he demands to know where she got that information.  OMG, someone broke the NDA, he's going to sue them so hard with his Jewish lawyers!!!  Jew lawyers are the best, top notch people, believe me.  Or the rambling response about nuclear weapons where he suggests that maybe Japan should get some nukes and that China should "go into" North Korea.  Trump also mentioned that "stop and frisk" is not really unconstitutional as a response to a question on how to heal our racial divide.
After the debate, Trump complained about his microphone not working.  There had to be some reason the crowd wasn't applauding him constantly amirite?  Just like there had to be some reason when he was given a cybersecurity question, instead of mentioning the email server, he said, "The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough," before going off on how good his son was with computers and fat shaming.
In other campaign news, Gary "Aleppo" Johnson, when asked to name a living foreign leader he admired, drew a blank.  His running mate Bill Weld seemed to be able to do it.  So why are we picking VPs who are better than the candidates?  Aren't the VPs supposed to be impeachment insurance?
-- ∇×V

Actually the committee that oversees the debates came out and said that there had been something screwy with Trump's mic. And while not particularly nice calling that particular woman Ms Piggy was an insult to the muppet.

Rajvik Wrote:Actually the committee that oversees the debates came out and said that there had been something screwy with Trump's mic.
This is the first I've heard that. Cite, please?
--
Rob Kelk

I've seen a couple headlines along those lines myself, Rob, but I don't have cites to hand.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Here's the link to the Commission on Presidential Debates statement about the microphone.
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein

Quote:RMH999 wrote:
Here's the link to the Commission on Presidential Debates statement about the microphone.
But is it enough of a factor? I personally don't buy it. And the latest Trump news.
Looks like Trump hasn't paid any taxes in 20 years
Quote:The Times, which hired tax experts to analyze the records, determined
that “tax rules that are especially advantageous to wealthy filers would
have allowed Mr. Trump to use his $916 million loss to cancel out an
equivalent amount of taxable income over an 18-year period” -- more than
$50 million a year.
Well, it shows why Trump has refused to release his tax returns and refutes his claim of being a great businessman. An October surprise.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

RMH999 Wrote:Here's the link to the Commission on Presidential Debates statement about the microphone.
"Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall." And that's the complete text.

That's maddeningly unclear. Was his mic turned up too high or turned down too low?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:RMH999 wrote:
"Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall." And that's the complete text.

That's maddeningly unclear. Was his mic turned up too high or turned down too low?
Or there was no issue and they're giving Trump an out? Might need to ask an audience in the back
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell