Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump news the second

Slight (or not-so-slight) shift:

We realized at the game yesterday that we've been misspelling Trump's slogan all these months. He wants to bring the Ugly American stereotype back into common usage (and is doing a good job of setting the example), and Make America Grate Again.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

There is a scene in one of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan books where all the US tax books are put on one table and the table breaks under the weight.  You probably have to be a millionaire just to buy all the tax books and have the time to read them (or more likely pay people to read them and give you the summary.  I imagine the UK and other countries with a "modern" tax system are just as bad.
I'm sure someone has come up with an idea for taxation that is simple, fair and hard to abuse and I know full well that such a system has got no hope of ever being accepted.
Mark

Flat tax system has been talked about in the Trump campaign back during the primary, but has been lost

Rajvik Wrote:Flat tax system has been talked about in the Trump campaign back during the primary, but has been lost
Possibly because he realized he'd actually have to pay a flat tax.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Rajvik wrote:
Flat tax system has been talked about in the Trump campaign back during the primary, but has been lost
Possibly because he realized he'd actually have to pay a flat tax.
Actually, that he has to pay a tax.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Hey, I took a loss a few years back and got to completely write off my Federal income tax for four years straight. If you can great, if you are a business that can, even better because that is either a capital infusion that you can put to work for the company or else it is a profit boost that your investors will appreciate as it ups their dividends. The difference is that my loss was only a few thousand dollars that was only good for three or four years. His was almost a billion dollars, and you are only allowed to write off so much each year.

Hey, I took a loss a few years back and got to completely write off my Federal income tax for four years straight. If you can great, if you are a business that can, even better because that is either a capital infusion that you can put to work for the company or else it is a profit boost that your investors will appreciate as it ups their dividends. The difference is that my loss was only a few thousand dollars that was only good for three or four years. His was almost a billion dollars, and you are only allowed to write off so much each year.
Which begs the question: His biggest claim is that he's a great businessman. How did he lose almost a billion bucks? Romney already took flack for his low tax rate. And this guy paid no income tax for how long? And I'm assuming it's personal income, not his business? Or is it so convoluted one can be the other? The only way to shed light is for him what has been tradition. Show his tax returns. And it's the court of public opinion that he has to satisfy, not the lawyers.
Edit: Watch for campaign button that says "I paid more taxes than Donald Trump"
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Ord, actually it does depend on whether or not he has legally separated his business and personal finances. When you are a small business just getting started it makes sense to separate them because if the business gets sued you could loose everything. But when you are as rich as Trump has become its kind of a toss up as to which is better. That said, when your dealing with a multinational company like Trump International, losing a billion over the course of a year's business hurts, but isn't deadly.

Now, how about Hillary's state department losing 6 Billion in the course of a year, thats a question i would like to hear the answer to.

Betcha it ain't in her Swiss account. If it was, why bother with being president? Why bother with taking more slings and arrows by going for the Presidency?

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Betcha it ain't in her Swiss account. If it was, why bother with being president? Why bother with taking more slings and arrows by going for the Presidency?
Because some people are just crazy for the idea of having political power.  It's not about the money for them.
I will never forgive either party for putting me in the position where I have to choose between the likes of Trump and Clinton -- especially since Trump's insanity scares me so much that I don't dare vote for any third-party candidates.  He has to be kept out of the Presidency, even if the price is ... is putting Clinton in

Well, actually I'd be glad to forgive the Republican and Democratic parties as stated in my sig:
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

DHBirr, I feel exactly the same in the opposite direction, i don't trust the woman as far as i could pick up and throw a 7-ton. There have just to many things over the years that i cannot trust her over. I didn't want Trump, i wanted Ben Carson, when he dropped out i put my weight behind Ted Cruz because i agree with him on enough stuff that matters, on the other hand Trump has in what most people call his "Moments of Insanity" said some very correct un-pc things. I would put the high probability in where that money went being into local bribes to gain various "good relations" around the world, not that it has worked mind you, but what the hell, it wasn't her money.

As for Trump releasing his tax returns, while its tradition its not a requirement and he is apparently under audit currently, which i find kinda funny considering his audits seemed to start as soon as he declared for the republican ticket, but the democrats don't use the IRS as a weapon, no thats only something those nasty republicans would do.

Trump has been audited every year since 2002 according to this article from Forbes. The audits for 2002-2008 were completed and closed, so nothing prevents releasing that information.

Nixon released his returns while being audited, in fact, the Nixon quote "People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook" wasn't a Watergate quote, it was due to the tax audit.

RMH
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein

Rajvik Wrote:I don't trust the woman as far as I could pick up and throw a 7-ton.

There have just to many things over the years that i cannot trust her

over.
Can you elaborate, please?  From my point of view she is no more untrustworthy than the average politician; in fact, I say she's a little less untrustworthy than average because so much of her life has been public for so long.  I have the feeling that a lot of people have an irrational dislike of Hillary Clinton.  So can you please provide me with the rational version?
Incidentally, I rate Trump's trustworthyness at about the average level of a real estate developer, which is to say lower than a politician average.

Also, in other news, the VP Debate is now over.  Honi soit qui mal y Pence.  Anyone watch?  I didn't this time, just caught a few minutes and they seemed to be interrupting each other a lot.
-- ∇×V

Rajvik, pretty much all twenty-one minutes of this:

Yeah, the stuff Hillary has been involved in is annoying as fuck. But when you sit down and actually take the time to sift through everything that she's supposedly done wrong... yeah, she's made mistakes, but nothing grossly nefarious.

Trump, on the other hand... *Runs from the impending truckload of raisins*

I no longer have a dog in the fight. I despise them both for different reasons.
However:[Image: 94326991089530b371ebe36ca1c6bfa216873163.png]
"He died in 30 days!"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Ord, actually it does depend on whether or not he has legally separated his business and personal finances. When you are a small business just getting started it makes sense to separate them because if the business gets sued you could loose everything. But when you are as rich as Trump has become its kind of a toss up as to which is better. That said, when your dealing with a multinational company like Trump International, losing a billion over the course of a year's business hurts, but isn't deadly.

Now, how about Hillary's state department losing 6 Billion in the course of a year, thats a question i would like to hear the answer to.
On the State Department question. where did you get that info? Second, you do realize that operating the U.S, government like a business has it's risks to put it mildly. The circumstances leading up to the Korean War springs to mind. Second, State operates on a budget, just like every agency. So out of what account did the 6 billion come from? And what it was used for? And do you really believe that the House and Senate would had been holding hearings to account for it, if there was any shenanigans over it?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

And the latest Trump news:
Trump the Groper
Be interesting when this comes out in the debate. Let's see how many women voters will vote for hm now. Wow talk about 2 October surprises.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:... Let's see how many women voters will vote for hm now. ...
Aren't the usual proportions the same as for male voters? Roughly one-third vote Republican even if they run a kumquat as their candidate, roughly one-third vote Democrat even if they run a kumquat as their candidate, and the rest are the ones who are the targets of the campaign ads.
--
Rob Kelk

Not enough Tic-Tacs in the world.  Not enough.
Most kumquats don't brag about sexual assaults they've committed.
Some fifty Republican office-holders have withdrawn their endorsement of Trump within the first 24 hours of the story.  John McCain and Mitt Romney have withdrawn their support, and Trump's comments may have thrown Utah to the Democrats given how quickly politicians there denounced him.  GOP staffers are seriously considering whether they can replace their candidate with Mike Pence, as early voting begins in 36 hours in some states.  We are truly in uncharted waters.
I'm waiting for the next October surprise.  There's going to be more, you know.
-- ∇×V

Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
And the latest Trump news:
Trump the Groper
Be interesting when this comes out in the debate. Let's see how many women voters will vote for hm now. Wow talk about 2 October surprises.
I doubt it will come up in a debate. I can't imagine that Hillary Clinton wants to do anything that would remind the people who bother watching those things just who her husband is.

khagler Wrote:I doubt it will come up in a debate. I can't imagine that Hillary
Clinton wants to do anything that would remind the people who bother
watching those things just who her husband is.
So cute!  If you don't think that Hillary knew exactly what to say about her husband in a presidential debate ten years ago you have no understanding of her.  Also anyone who in any way holds her responsible for her husband's actions against her is a terrible person and belongs in the basket of deplorables.
In more recent news, fellow groper Arnold Schwarzenegger has come out against Trump, Condoleeza Rice has asked Trump to withdraw, and Fox News people are talking about how to break up Hillary's coalition in four years.
-- ∇×V

[img]http://bearbussjaeger.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/smod-bumper-sticker-blog1.png?w=636">

[Image: hillary-clinton-onald-trump-extinction-l...854414.png]

[Image: giant-meteor.jpg]

The Republican Party in general has a lot of kotowing to do. They could have done something sooner to get rid of Trump, but they didn't and now they're stuck with him for the long run. And after how badly they have polarized our country... Yeah. I think this tweet here sums it up.

http://twitter.com/laurenreeves/status ... 2851357696

It's not directed at Trump, but the Republican Party in general.