Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Suggestion for Pyre Ant?
Build Suggestion for Pyre Ant?
I'm trying to figure out something to use for my concept villian Pyre Ant, which, as a fire themed character leaves me with Corruptor, Dominator, and Brute.
Brute:
Fire/Fire was my initial concept, but honestly, I have massive trouble with the pacing of Brutes. I'd rather not play another.
Dominator:
Again, Fire/Fire. Pacing issues again. Not as bad, but it's there.
Corruptor:
I really like Corruptors, for the same reason I dig Offenders. I like the debuf & blast angle, making this my ideal choice. One would think a Fire/Thermal would be what's called for, but I'm an *awful* healer. Actually, I'm an awful bubbler too, so the shields could be problematic. I'd like an alternate Debuff set that would make sense.
So, I guess that's what I'm asking - what debuff set could you rationalize for a Fire themed Corruptor other than Thermal?
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: Build
The fire blasts could be an offshoot of Radiation or Kinetic powers.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Re: Build Suggestion for Pyre Ant?
Fire/Dark Corruptor.
Rationalise the dark powers as smoke and noxious fumes. The Pyre Ant walks around smelling of sulphur and brimstone...
Fire/Dark's also a nasty synergy of a set, but I'm sure you know that.
-- Acyl
I'll second Fire/Dark. I have a Fire/Dark Corruptor on Freedom. It's a pretty sick combo. Tar Patch>Fireball>Rain of Fire>Firebreath>Fireball will just about wipe a group out (and it also looks pretty while doing it), and my char is only level 13 (you can have that combo by level 8 or so, too). I haven't even gotten to the really good /Dark powers, like Shadow Fall, Fearsome Stare, Petrifying Gaze and Fluffy the Dark Servant.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Also, like Florin said, Radioactive fire as a source. /Rad is also probably the best for a soloer, which is definitely you. [Image: tongue.gif]
Fire/Dark is a fun combo, though. You should give it a try at least once. The tactics of a pair of them are boggling me just thinking about it.
Open a fight by each alternating dropping Tar Patch and Darkest night, then Fireballs and Rains of Fire. Flaming Death all around!
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Fire/Dark is also great for a soloer. I tried it once. May try it again.
It's in teams that I ran into trouble.
See, tar patch itself aggros... rain of fire aggros... all those AoEs... hell, even mobs caught by an anchor debuff aggro.
Now, I can handle aggro as a Fire blaster. I can handle aggro as a Dark defender.
Apparently merging the two, in the villain game without tanks, and the fact I lag a little... [Image: wink.gif]
-- Acyl
I'll try Fire/Dark. Thanks guys.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Tip on Rain of Fire: It's one of the only powers that doesn't need Accuracy slotting. It's base accuracy is 175% (unlike the base of normal attacks (75%)). It only needs 3 Damage, and maybe a Recharge or an End Reducer.