Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DCAU Versions of your characters - Check this out!
DCAU Versions of your characters - Check this out!
Neat little tool for templating up a character in the "Bruce Timm" style used for the Batman/Superman/Justice League/JLU style. Hero-O-Matic is a nifty little resource. The only drawback is that it's in Spanish
(Portugese?), but a little trial and error lets you figure it out. Oh - no way to save character images other than to print-screen and use an image program to
crop it. But that's easy to do.

Here's some of our characters that I've done versions of. Helmet options are somewhat limited unfortunately, so I can't really do a good version of
Cyberman 8, unless I were to photoshop it. Likewise, Looney and Wide aren't really being done justice here with their headgear. But I did my best.
Superball came out pretty good though.

Anyway, go check it out and see what you can come up with!

Here's the Legendary characters.

Looney, without and with his helmet.

[Image: TIMM_Looney_Tunes_sanshelmet.png][Image: TIMM_Looney_Tunes.png]

Lora'Lai and Evangelia

[Image: TIMM_Loralai.png][Image: TIMM_Evangelia.png]

Superball and Wide Receiver

[Image: TIMM_Superball.png][Image: TIMM_WideReceiver.png]

Bella Fuego

[Image: TIMM_BellaFuego.png]

And here's my Saturday night Champions game characters - The Marvels! Shocker, Beetle, and The Mechanic.

[Image: TIMM_Shocker.png][Image: TIMM_Kabuto.png][Image: TIMM_Mechanic.png]

Heh. Very nice work. Admittedly, wide looks more like a Leatherhead version, but still... [Image: happy.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

My quesiton is this - How in the name of Ned did you manage to get a Flesh color? I couldnt find the right color piece for the life of me
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

I've pointed out here the color that I use for the flesh tone.

[Image: Palette_Explanation.png]

Thumbnail to my attempt at Australis:
 [Image: th_98697_australis_122_189lo.jpg]

Niiice. I'm saving those shots. And of course, going off to play with it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Ok, this? Is very cool.

BUT.

As a UI designer, my professional sensibilities are OFFENDED. And I'm not talking about the language barrier. You have to click through every choice,
instead of picking from a display of some sort? There isn't any way to define a default color? Seriously?

Grr.

Still a very cool tool, but, damn.

(I know, I know, "if you can't do it better shut yer trap", etc. I can't draw for the life of me, so, yeah, not gonna happen. But geez. [Image: smile.gif]
)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Have to agree with you, Spud. It took me five minutes of clicking to find the damned thing on the webpage to begin with, and then I had to random-walk my way through using it. I got a fair approximation of Silverbolt done up, but it took me a good fifteen minutes or so; that kind of tool should be much easier and faster to use.

Still is pretty cool, though.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Something where you pick from a display... like THIS?

-Morgan, learned about that one from people on IRC, and was just reminded of it by this.

Hahahah, this is pretty damn awesome. I agree, the interface isn't that user-friendly, but otherwise... hahaha. That's a great Superball, and actually closer to how I picture his outfit working than what the game gives us. I tend to draw him in DCAU style myself. =D

For my own quick efforts, I give you Space Mage:-

[Image: space.jpg]
-- Acyl

So i've been mucking with hero creater 2.5 and i like to think I've made a relitivly close representation of how my tanker on virtue TK was like before
he was plucked from second home realm, Lets just say, he lost a few things in the transfer to paragon :p like ki manipulation..which he was proud of *grin*
also I couldn't find something to do his real weapon justice so I gave him something else he'd be likely to use. Hehe last time I looked there was no 2
ton warhammer option.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ ... 1/Rage.jpg

*edit2* err..hopefuly this works..Learning is a painful thing ^_^

I can't make anything that I'm happy with for Mag or Pooky. The body types just don't work out - the Huge they have is too tall, the Dwarf is too
slender.

Ah well. I _like_ the output for the more 'normal' heroes this makes.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

First hint: It's a web app, don't download anything. At the bottom of the page (where it says Passo 1-3) click 'CRIAR!!!' to get started.

Wasted 15 minutes figuring that out...

And, here is Amber, as best as could be reproduced, in the Legendary uniform.
[Image: Heromatic-Amber.jpg]
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I couldn't do much with Lincoln, but here's Alcatraz, Margravine (tragically devoid of cat ears), and Inez:
[Image: Alcatraz.png]
[Image: margravine.png]
[Image: inez.png]
--Sam
"An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

Quote: Acyl wrote:

Hahahah, this is pretty damn awesome. I agree, the interface isn't that user-friendly, but otherwise... hahaha. That's a great Superball, and
actually closer to how I picture his outfit working than what the game gives us. I tend to draw him in DCAU style myself. =D

For my own quick efforts, I give you Space Mage:-

Cool beans. I'm glad you liked Superball, I worked pretty hard on him to get it right. ^_^

Love your Space Mage, but you missed something - did you notice the icons at the bottom of the tool? They are for various "rim-lighting" options
that particularly come into play when you have a dark or black outfit and help it not look too flat. Here's Space Mage with the "blackout"
options added to her outfit.

[Image: TIMM_Space_Mage.png]

Quote: Terrenceknight wrote:

So I've been mucking with hero creator 2.5 and i like to think I've made a relatively close representation of how my tanker on virtue TK was like
before he was plucked from second home realm, Lets just say, he lost a few things in the transfer to paragon [Image: tongue.gif] like ki manipulation..which he was proud of
*grin* also I couldn't find something to do his real weapon justice so I gave him something else he'd be likely to use. Hehe last time I looked there
was no 2 ton warhammer option.

Innnnteresting... So given any thought to using the DCAU creator to approximate what he looks like now?

Logan, I bow to the master. That's totally an improved version.

I have, though, applied this lesson of superior tool use, and now present Syndesis. I kinda like how this turned out. Wasn't able to approximate her original costume, but this is the one that's become her main outfit, so what the heck. =)

[Image: syndesis.jpg]
-- Acyl

Quote: Ankhani wrote:

And, here is Amber, as best as could be reproduced, in the Legendary uniform.

Nice! I like it!

You've inspired me to muck with the creator and come up with the base "template" for The Legendary uniform DCAU version!

[Image: TIMM_Legendary_female.png][Image: TIMM_Legendary_male.png]

Quote: Acyl wrote:

Logan, I bow to the master. That's totally an improved version.

I have, though, applied this lesson of superior tool use, and now present Syndesis. I kinda like how this turned out. Wasn't able to approximate her
original costume, but this is the one that's become her main outfit, so what the heck. =)

Hot DAMN!!! That is awesome! Huzzah!!

Here are a few more I've done.

Stalnoy Volk and Vigdis Brightblade

(Stalnoy looks cool, but I just can't reproduce that whole "Russian Tech" vibe that his original suit has from the game. Vigdis really came out
nice though.)

[Image: TIMM_Stalnoy_Volk.png][Image: TIMM_Vigdis_Brightblade.png]

Even though the Helmet just does NOT work I may be able to photoshop this version of Cyberman 8 to have the proper "V" and brim at some point.

[Image: TIMM_Cyberman_8.png]

And here's Kara Skye

[Image: TIMM_Kara_Skye.png]

This is a rough approximation of my Warrior Melita from World of Warcraft. And when I say "rough approximation" I mean almost no relation at all save
general concept. ^_^

[Image: TIMM_Melita.png]

Kara looks awesome - I love the expression on her face. "Hi, how's it goin', I'm gonna punch you now, then I'm gonna have _tea!_
yay!"
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Ooh, that is a SEXY version of Vee Brightblade. I think Cyberman 8 was damn good too - that's excellent use of the tool right there.

On my part...I'm not sure if ANYONE in the Legendary has actually SEEN Bloodwalker's base costume. It occurs to me whenever he's come out for TF nights and the like, I've pretty much spent the entire thing wearing slot 2. Nonetheless:

[Image: bloodwalker.jpg]

EDIT: cheated a little, photoshopped some areas that clipped.
-- Acyl

Ehh, I can't say I like the DCAU editor personaly, I honestly am not a fan of the huge upper torso yet..runty legs in comparison, that just doesn't do
anything for me or my character. I need to have a more stocky look, sure my image doesn't look nearly as good as these do, but to me, that 'build'
is something i'm vastly more comfortable with and like. IF someone wants to try and make an imitation of my char please, by all means, but I admittledly
don't have the paitence >< or eyesight to try and muck with such small buttons, and some changes like (eyes, nose, mouth) Are really hard for me to
see on the DCAU editor ^_^''

Hmmm. I haven't had any luck making anything I like for Alexis's regular outfit, so here's what her version of the Legendary uniform will probably look like.

[Image: alexisdcaulegendaryje9.jpg]

(Alexis won't actually kill anyone who suggests she wear tights... She might *stab* them, but they probably won't actually *die*. ^_-; )

(And fwiw, the reference images in the first post in the uniform thread have disappeared...)

-Morgan.