Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hrm. THAT's not promising

Bear in mind I'm no expert in this sorta stuff, but I did do some Memory stuff in the Computer Sci dpt (i.e. this is mostly educated guess and induction)... From what it looks like in that error, either CoH (or whatever its writing-liaison HDD to RAM is) tried to write outside of it's allocated memory. Presumably at the memory address given, in Hex. File directory is probably where the game has its Virtual Memory.

Spudly has the advice down though. I can point you to some free and effective utilities to make that stuff easier though:

-Memory Testing: Memtest86+ Burn the download to a CD or floppy (If you have a floppy drive these days...), and boot to the appropriate drive. Typically the Boot order is set for that, but you can change it in the BIOS. (F2 during first startup, I believe)

-Hard Drive Defragmentation: Diskeeper Lite is a lot faster than the standard Windows Defrag tool. It's the Freeware version of 'Diskeeper' but all you're paying for is an automatic-schedule feature for the Drefrag, and some other business bells&whistles.
(Apparently you've got to give url tags http:// or it'll try and append the address to your current url
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Messages In This Thread
Hrm. THAT's not promising - by Valles - 07-19-2009, 03:06 AM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 07-19-2009, 03:57 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 07-19-2009, 04:32 AM
[No subject] - by jpub - 07-19-2009, 04:57 PM