Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you seen these men?
Have you seen these men?
These charming fellows showed up in a glitched mission. What was glitched about it? Well, they were level 50, and Antonio Hanagawa was level 32. But I thought, since no one on the channel recognized them, that I'd mention them here. They might be an up and coming mob.
[Image: 2d526091f54fca074a72b0949b82c8d108ac2836.jpg]
The target reticule identifies them as "Infested T.E.S.T. Rangers." Given the Devouring Earth romping about, I assume that Hamidon is up to some shenanigans.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Mm. That doesn't bode well.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Infested TEST Rangers hmmm? FOR THE OVERMI-uhh... HAMIDON!

(It's amusing we were talking about the Zerg just a few days ago, to boot)
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Oh god, they will run up and explode!!!! *has Marathon Flashbacks*

Marathon?

Nah.

"LEAD US FOR THE SWARM!"
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

As I recall, Praetoria is built on the site where Tyrant defeated Hami...

*Looks Down.* Oh-oh.

Muse just gave me this.

---
The city shakes as a voice rises from the depths.

I Am!

Buildings tremble as the voice Call out again.

Through strength of will, I am!

Pavements cracks as the sleeper awakes.

I am the rage of the abused earth, its voice cries for judgment and I am it! My armies have blanketed this earth once and will do so again.

Tunnels deep underground collapse, the servants for the devouring earth rise up like a swarm of insects.

I am Hamidon… I have Returned.
---
will let the muse tease it out and see if i can make something as good as a Nobody dies Angle boast Tongue

Close, but no cigar, I think.

After all, Hamidon's a bit less...restrained than the Angels. He'd use a different setup...one that fits a bit better.

YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU, GARBAGE.

YOU CHOKE THE AIR AND RAPE THE EARTH BENEATH YOU, YET IN YOUR ARROGANCE, YOU HAVE SEWN THE SEEDS OF YOUR OWN DESTRUCTION.

WE ARE THE VOICE OF THE LEGION. THE RAGE OF THE MOTHER WHO YOU, IN YOUR CRUELTY AND NEGLECT, HAVE SCORNED. WE ARE THE MIGHT OF THE AVALANCHE. THE POISON OF A THOUSAND FORESTS. WE ARE THE DEFENSE OF A WORLD YOU WOULD DESTROY IN YOUR PETTY SQUABBLES.

YOUR MIGHTIEST CHAMPION COULD NOT FELL US, FOR WE ARE INEVITABILITY. FOR AS LONG AS THIS BASE EARTH EXISTS BENEATH YOUR FEET, WE WILL BE WAITING FOR OUR TIME TO COME AGAIN. AS YOU ONCE DEVOURED NATURE, SO NOW SHALL THE CIRCLE TURN BACK UPON YOU.
WE ARE THE DEVOURING MAW OF THE EARTH, THE VENGEANCE OF GAIA ITSELF.
WE ARE THE HAMIDON.

WE ARE STILL HERE.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

ahh, thanks OM, was thinking a cherubim would work better in hindsight Smile
But I could see the an Angle boast working from some other Arch Villains...
*plots*

[Image: hamidonsmall.jpg]

Dark preview is dark... Hope they did that on porposie to keep us fishing for more, cause I cant see much of anything in that.

Well, cept cthuluesque fangs. and is that a tentacle somewhere? Ladies, best change out of your skirts!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Wait.. is that an actual picture from the devs or something?

It's some kind of render, but I don't think it's from City of Heroes. The buildings aren't rendered like that. Nor is the ground/grass. And you never see weather effects like rain in the game at all. So I think this is just a well chosen frame from a different game. 

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Dark preview is dark... Hope they did that on porposie to keep us fishing for more, cause I cant see much of anything in that.
Well, cept cthuluesque fangs. and is that a tentacle somewhere? Ladies, best change out of your skirts!
It's like Tenebrous Tentacles . . . makes me feel like a schoolgirl all over again . . ..

Found It a while Back on the CoX forums when people first spoted the tenticals in the Praet jungles, a play posted this as a posibility of what the prat hamidon is like.

thank god we shit kick the primal on on a regular basis, huh?

Mark Skarr Wrote:
Star Ranger4 Wrote:Dark preview is dark... Hope they did that on porposie to keep us fishing for more, cause I cant see much of anything in that.
It's like Tenebrous Tentacles . . . makes me feel like a schoolgirl all over again . . ..

Heh.  Purrfect Warrior (Dark scrapper) calls his "Naugtu Tentaku".  now If only I understood macros better.  then again it'd prolly get annoying hearing him call out his attacks after a while?

NO QUARTER!!!

The advice is: even if you have the chat macro, keep the vanilla command where you can use it. ESPECIALLY for frequent-use attacks.

That way you don't annoy folks spamming the chat window with a Shakespearean sonnet every time you use Sands of Mu, f'rinstance
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Thought so! I'll just keep it in my head then.

NO QUARTER!!!