Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Choral Music from Rebuild of Evangelion

There's a 1080p version available for download here, and it seems to be the same as the one on on youtube, as far as I can tell (except for the resolution, obviously).  Just make sure to apply the provided patch for the subs if you download it.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Er... Guys?

You do know that http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8421]this anime has been licensed (by FUNimation), right? Fansubs and digiraws are supposed to be off-limits now...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

No, I didn't know. In fact, the last time I looked for that information, which as I recall wasn't that long ago, I did not find any indication that it had.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Fair enough.

(The Anime News Network Encyclopedia is pretty good about keeping licence information up-to-date; that's my primary source for answering "can I still download this?")
--
Rob Kelk

Ah, cool. Can't wait to buy it, then. Thanks for the heads up.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Quote:robkelk wrote:

Er... Guys?
You do know that this anime has been licensed (by FUNimation), right? Fansubs and digiraws are supposed to be off-limits now...
They probably had it licensed before it even hit movie theatres in Japan.  I fucking hate it when these American licensing firms start pulling that shit and it's part of why anime in the US has started to suck ass latey - because they'll license something before they know for sure that people are gonna like it.  They'd honestly make a lot more money if they waited for the reaction from the fan-sub communities and leave the less popular stuff to be torrented out.

To be fair, this is Evangelion. The fans will buy it simply because it is Evangelion - look at the dozens (dare I say hundreds?) of Rei and Auska figures that the fans keep on buying because they're Evangelion - and they don't care whether it's good just as long as it's Evangelion. Sales to the larger market are gravy.

(Pre-licensing of other anime is a problem, yes, but it doesn't apply here...)
--
Rob Kelk