Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Not Be 4: Son of Crossover's Bride

Harry Poppins and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

The boy-who-lived seeks to recover the Ark of the Covenant before You-know-who can corrupt it. All while serving as a "practically perfect in every
way" babysitter to a pair of Muggle children.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

That kinda reminds me of the Indiana Jones when he was a kid series. (the teacher/professor that was looking after indiana while his parents where doing
archaeology. )

In the updates thread, there is a "Dear Lara" that features HP raised by Lara Croft.

... Except the first thing I thought when reading that was HP raised by Lara Raith from the Dresden series. Yes, yes, the leader of the White Court vampires.
Voldemort should be scared considering some of the usual crap that goes on in Chicago with Dresden around...

Quote:Voldemort should be scared considering some of the usual crap that goes on in Chicago with Dresden around...
That's why the "Denarian X" series gives Voldemort a serious power upgrade... otherwise the Dresden folks would steamroll him without even noticing he was in the way.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hrm. Actually, I think Voldemort will be able to hold his own as is. He should be scared, however, at the breadth and depth of opponents and powers out there
that would intercede in his plans. One of the things I really like about the Dresden series is that there are like a gazillion factions. HP is rather
black-and-white on this and Voldemort only ever had to worry about his faction and the enemy. -Possibly- a third faction but the Ministry ran around like
headless chickens for the most part except when Voldemort took it over and the Order of the Phoenix was surprisingly ineffective for an organization that was
dedicated to opposing him.

Dresden really is sort of unique and he's definitely got a major power up from first book in the series to the tenth. However, even at the beginning of the
series, he tells us he's one of the top forty wizards in the world. That says to me, wizard wise, it's probably very likely that Voldemort would
outclass the vast majority of Dresden type wizards.

HP style wizards are not only able to sling spells faster, more often, and at less cost to themselves. The first two are self-evident, but the last is sort of
interesting. Of course, for some reason, an individual spell by HP wizards costs little to nothing and they can sling tens of spells before getting tired. Not
so with Dresden-type wizards who have to depend on forethought for the most part, unless they're a strong evocation type. Even then, in Storm Front, it
takes an enormous amount of energy just to kill one girl whereas Avada Kedavra does it at little energy -- enough that Voldemort can sling it around multiple
times like there's no tomorrow. Combine this with Apparition, Legilimancy, and his horcruxes...

Nah, I think Voldemort would be able to hold his own by himself although he'll get his nose bloodied several times if he doesn't buck up on Old World
courtesies and gain some allies. Piss off enough factions that band together and then he'll have serious trouble. If he actually keeps his ego in check and
starts forming allies, he's going to be a Player much like Dresden is. He's already delving into necromancy. I can't imagine the problems
that'd occur if Voldemort found one of Kemmler's books on necromancy...

Sailor Hellblazer meets Dresden series. Somewhere between "in the name of love, f... off" and Gemma getting her wand back, Constantine took a wrong
turn and ended up in Chicago. STILL as a girl and with a First of the Fallen eating popcorn and laughing his head off in Hell. Cue: Nicodemus. Who takes one
look at John, hears the infernal laughter, and immediately turns around and walks the other way.

Quote: Harry Poppins and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Considering the Death Eaters' politics and that they are full of themselves... I can see them sharing the same fate as the Nazi's... I
mean considering what it actually does... would Voldie even be able to touch it without exploding and taking his soul storage items with him? The Ark is
basically designed to to remove people like the Death Eaters from existence as an army... at once. The real issue is what happens to Harry when that thing
goes off... that chunk of Volie in his head is going to cause him issues.

For your consideration I offer a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Half-Life merger.

Magical Scientist Quantum Gordon.

The HEV suit is totally covered under the same heading as a Barrier Jacket.

*cough*

I'll be trying to get more sleep now, this is probably a bad sign.

No, this is a bad sign:

He's got a basket of goodies for grandma... on the passenger seat of his muscle car.

Little Red Riding Bean
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

*snickers* You want bad signs?

When the forces of Darkness arise once more in a sleepy English village, taking over the Nazis who were invading, Ash is drawn into the fight...summoned to
help the local British witch who's trying to drive them out.

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you...Bedknobs and Boomsticks.

Heh. Had an odd thought. Earthworm Jim and The Tick team up with Ash to take down the latest Army of Darkness as they invade Sunnydale in an effor to open the
Hellmouth. Buffy and company are totally weirded out to say the least.

Is anybody else weirded out by the fact that the board says that blackaeronaut's last post was from July 31, 2016?

I know it's just a board error, but imagine...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

...that we can keep this thread going until 2016? I think that is a compliment to these fine people.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Bedknobs and Boomsticks.

Your off a bit. They summon Ash, one of the Nazis finds a copy of the Necronomicon Ex Mortis and then its Ash vs. corrupt Nazis vs. undead Nazis and you can
have the group that has baby Hellboy get involved.

Then at the end of this mess Ash ends up in the Hellmouth to deal with that mess.... which only brings to mind the scene where the newly transformed Major
attempts to eat the Tick and the Tick waxes philosophical about it instead of dying or panicking or something.

Quote: Bluemage wrote:

Is anybody else weirded out by the fact that the board says that blackaeronaut's last post was from July 31, 2016?

Damit blackareonaut I told you to stop messing with my TARDIS. [Image: smile.gif]
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Quote: CattyNebulart wrote:

Quote: Bluemage wrote:

Damit blackareonaut I told you to stop messing with my TARDIS. [Image: smile.gif]

Who said I was messing with a TARDIS? I think it was that last trip in the Magnificent Midnight that did it. That sling-shot around the sun
stunt of hers was a bit over the top. [Image: wink.gif]

"Flash" Gordon Freeman...

Ming the Merciless standing on the dias, before the throngs and looking down on the three earthlings. "Hurling your bodies out into the void, without an
inkling of what's out there."

Gordon muttering to himself '''...as if I had a choice?"
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Vader get sucked away into a new dimension where Tailed demons roam the land, He is healed of his former injuries and now serves the village of Konoha in the
capacity of an ANBU. He insists on using his own mask on the job.

Poor Ming!