Herbie: The Doctor Strangelove Bug

OR

How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bug

---------------------

Epsilon

"Mien Furher, I can drive!"

Archie Comics collides with the Buffyverse in:

That Wilkins Boy

...the wacky 18th century adventures of the Mayor as a young man [Image: smile.gif]

--Sam

"Well, gosh."

An Inquisitor ordained by the Imperium of Man,

A Retinue of loyal Companions.

A loyal Mechanicus dog.

A Ship to sail through Time and Space.

I present.... Inquisitor Who.

Kill The Alien.

"EX-TER-MI-NATE! EX-TER-MI-NATE!"

"Die in the name of the Emperor!"

Kill The Witch.

"That's it, fourteen! The fourteen stars of the Rexel planetary configuration! Creature, I name you… Carrionite!"

Kill The Heretic.

"We are hunting a renegade Inquisitor, once I called him brother, He now serves Chaos. He calls himself... The Master."
Legend of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"I have been touched in bad ways by his noodly appendage."

Ran across this in a comics forum:

The Diary of Anne Frankenstein

Happosai and Dungeon Keeper 2:

Dungeon Keeper Happosai: Today our first mission of the day ...

Soldiers in session: *dramatic pause*

Dungeon Keeper Happosai: ... is to liberate all the silky darlings!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Picture: Himemiya Anthy cooks a meal using the "merciless peppers of Quetzlzacatenango."

--The Twisted One

"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
A very odd little thought
So I was reading a bit of bleach fanfic, and I ran into the following line...

"And this is going all the way back, back to when a certain drunkard teamed with a certain white haired
fellow to better chase the ladies two thousand frickin' years ago."

...and I thought "Happosai and Jiraya?"
Happosai & Jiraya
Talking about Naruto/Ranma crossovers, doesn't Happosai's name mean something along the lines of 'seven treasures'? Is so, then perhaps his
personality and near indestructibility could be explained by the fact that he has the seven tailed biju inside of him? How will Nerima react when Itachi and
friends show up to claim their prize?

It is actually surprising how well the series go together. Naruto has demonstrated access to modern technology. Ranma 1/2 has ninja. Why don't the ranma
cast use handsign jutsu? For the same reason that non-samurai cound not carry samurai weapons; there are laws forbidding non-shinobi from using jutsu. The
Ranma cast get around this law by using crude techniques that require no handsigns and specializing in taijutsu.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Quote: Shepherd wrote:

How will Nerima react when Itachi and friends show up to claim their prize?

Festive hats and noisemakers?

--------------------

Epsilon

Quote: Shepherd wrote:

Talking about Naruto/Ranma crossovers, doesn't Happosai's name mean something along the lines of 'seven treasures'?

"Eight Treasures Together," actually. Named after Chinese food, IIRC.
--Sam

"Egad! Too much anatomy!"

Inspired by a cut-off thread title on the main board:

Lucky Star Trek
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Sounds strangely like Kirk's biography.

My Little Pony + The Last Unicorn.

Or:

My Little Pony + Unicron

Actually My Little Pony makes a very good subject for corssovers that should not be.

"I know what your little pony did last summer."
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

The Last Unicron?Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Harry Potter and the Servant of Merlin. The new DADA professor: Jason Blood.

Gone gone the form of man, rise professor Etrigan!

The Jason Blood one would be kind of cool actually. I think he's an underutilized character in the DC universe. Along those lines, it's been two
years since an update on Hellblazer: Hogwarts, but I'm still hoping for a
continuation at some point.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Here's one that shouldn't be, but is:

The Lechter and the Brain

Hannibal/Pinky & The Brain.

--The Twisted One

"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Triple Cross
I hate the way my mind works sometimes.

I was driving along, minding my own business, and reflecting on a recent raam post by Sea Wasp correcting some poor dub-only fan concerning the fact that
Dragonball's "Master Roshi" is, in the original Japanese, actually referred to as "Kame Sannin," or "Turtle Hermit."

So, it occurred to me that this old pervert-hermit would probably get along great with another big-time pervert-hermit, namely Jiraya the Toad Hermit.

Then I thought about summoning jutsu, and suddenly the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were running around Konoha with the Rookie 9 *and* elements of the
Dragonball crew, and, well, that's when the pickup truck rear-ended my '95 Caprice Classic, which probably saved my sanity.

(in my defense, I had stopped for a stop sign, and the driver behind me just didn't notice quite quickly enough. I love the old Caprice, though -- hit
dead-on by a full size pickup, and the back bumper just got compressed in. Heck, from 20ft you can barely tell anything happened. A Smart Car would have been
totalled)

I really don't like tooting my own horn, but in this case I will.

I was feeling a bit silly at the time:

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/28170.html
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

SD...

To quote 10Doc...

"WOT???"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:I was feeling a bit silly at the time:
You better believe it! That's pretty twisted!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I have some ideas to make that thread even more twisted. I just never got around to them.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=080303]Horton Hears...

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Star Craft: Beyond Good and Evil

It's after the events in BG&E. Jade is struggling to come to grips with the fact that she is not a regular human but the Shauni of the Domz, genocidal
aliens that they are. Meanwhile, the Domz high priest managed to send off information to the Domz Queen before being destroyed by Jade and company. The Domz
armada is mobilizing. At last, the search is over. The Queen begins to issue retreat and regroup orders to some of her outflung ships exploring the 'verse.

Unfortunately, in one star system, a Domz task force ends up encountering a minor Zerg swarm and is destroyed, but not before giving a good account of
themselves and sending the information back to the Domz Queen. Interest from the Zerg begins to converge on this area and this group of similar but not aliens.
As it is the lull between storms after the events in Brood War, Kerrigan sends out a fairly major armada to explore and find out more about the Domz.

The Zerg not being much better than the Domz in their impact on planets and their populations, the rough alliance of human-like planets begin to notice this
new threat and fight back ("Oh great, another creepy genocidal alien race!"). Seeking new allies to fight the Zerg, a scout/diplomatic ship stumbles
upon the Terran Empire and appeals for help. Jade, as one of the heroes of the Domz war on Hillys, is sent by the Iris Network to find out the intentions of
the Terran Empire and how/if they can help while behind her, the Domz simultaneously conduct a war against the Zerg and chase after her into the Terran Empire
territory...