Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
Re: benders
There are two stories. Both of them I think you know.
Both focus around the life of one man, and, at times, of those close to him.
In both, that man is split in two. With each man, one side seems harmless, even comical. The other is a creature to be feared - even its name striking terror and rage into the hearts of its enemies, a being who has sacrificed much on the altar of duty. Both men serve only themselves - only themselves and their own sense of honor and justice. Both men have seen too much of death, and now refuse to kill, regardless of the circumstances.
So, what would be the harm if we just... mixed them around a little?
Hitokiri Batman.
The Black Moon Family has just arrived in the 1990s. Their first wave of agents, the Uncanny Sisters and their leader, Rubeus.
Rubeus... Hagrid.
(Featuring an endless supply of hideously dangerous mythical creatures instead of droids, much to the sisters' dismay and annoyance...)
--Sam
"I got legs baby! I'M ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!"
good, good, for a while I thought my suggestion of Lulu cause the minds reading this thread to decend into insanity and hence unable to continue this. Anyway back on Topic:
Take any slasher or similar movie, like 'I know what you did last summer' and replae the protaganist with Nanoha, or if you want to be mean Fate or even meaner Hayate and crew. Bring popcorn and relax. It's going to be a very short film though.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
A darker thought.
Back when I was actually watching Buffy from time to time, I caught a few of the final episodes, including the bit where the Scoobies are hanging out with a whole lot of potentials, and the blatantly obvious idea of turning all of the potentials ito actuals occurred to me long before I ever saw it on the screen - but not in the Charmed-esque form of "take Woman Power icon, add Deus Ex Magica and wave your hands a lot". Rather, it occurred to me that we already *had* a perfectly functional way of turning potentials into Slayers - and if it had worked once, why not again? After all, all you really have to do is take the Current Official Slayer (in this case, Faith), stop her heart, and restart it. Viola. Fath is now Slayer emeritus, and one of the potentials is Official Slayer. You'd want to throw around a bit of mojo to keep the Slayer Spirit in the room, so that you can do them all back to back, but it should be doable. Heck, there's a hospital in town, and defibrillators are pretty much designed to stop and start people's hearts.
Of course, there could be some unintended consequences. After all, Fate /Death wasn't too pleased with Buffy the walking dead girl. How's it going to feel about an entire sorority's worth of them?
Crossover: Buffy/Final Destination.
A lighter thought.
...or, if you're not so much into the gloom and doom, you could make it a three-way cross... with Death from Discworld
And on a completely different topic...
*twitch*
That is all.
Re: ...
That's an old favorite -- I have a copy somewhere.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
A slightly tipsy captain and his crew of eccentric neer-do-wells travel back and forth in time engaging in epic swordduels.
Pirates On The Sea Of Time.
--------------
Epsilon
What do you get when you combine magical girls and mecha?*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Grrrr... I wanted to respond with an image of that infamous set of "Gundam Moon" models, but I can't find the damned thing with Google Images.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
Across the World, strange formations are appearing seemingly at random. It's up to a Pennsylvanian former priest, a Japanese school girl, and a spooky kid that's sure to be involved up to his eyeballs even though he doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground. The climax is sure to have a twist.
It is .hack//SIGNS.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Lets not forget about the Fey Yin, and Angelica Mechs from Virtual On.
God vs gods
Who does SGC turn to for help against the Go'auld - a real goddess of course.
It's Stargate SG-1 and Kamichu!.
Re: God vs gods
Stargate SG-1 and Katamari? What?
National Treasure and Stargate
Doesn't seem like it should not be?
Now, imagine Nicolas Cage as a Goa'uld
I'm not sure if I've seen this somewhere else before, but if not, I should have.
Haruhi Suzumiya, Princess of Amber.
-Morgan."This continuity is now a Princess of Darkness crossover."
"... They're all going to die, aren't they?"
"Yep. Popcorn?"
Quote:
Haruhi Suzumiya, Princess of Amber.

ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.
Robert Jordan's Wheel 1/2?Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
> Robert Jordan's Wheel 1/2?
I'm pretty sure that John Biles has already done that.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that John Biles has already done that.
Yes, he has, and I seem to recall seeing at least two other attempts.

-- Bob
---------
I have seen at least 6 Wheel + Ranma crossovers Biles, has one or two, I believe Strider has 2 (discontinued), and I don't remember who wrote the others.
There is also a sailormoon/wheel cross written by fire.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Ranma/Tiny Toons... with Elmyra and Azusa as cousins.
For that matter... don't you think Azusa and Mikado would fit in beautifully at Ohtori?
...or for the "bizarre humor" value - an Utena/Ranma cross, where the point of the cross is that Akane (with comedic/slapstick aspects played up a bit, but shying away from the character bashing that often goes with) gets swapped in for Utena (having never met Ranma). You *try* to play it straight, but... well, she's going into a Rose Duel with a *mallet*...
"If I hit him on the head enough, he'll stay still while I try to hit the rose. Got it. It's a plan."
...and the Worlds Most Serious Pervert-Hater is the one who winds up with Wakaba hanging off of her and the Rose Bride engaged to her (and obedient to her every whim)...
"You What? I did What?"
(and then she immediately swears to keep winning just to make sure that her new... friend! That's it. Friend.... isn't left at the mercy of all of those grubby pervert boys.)
...and then there's her reaction to Touga...
"*WHAM*"
--------
Of course, there's all *sorts* of possibilities here, to tweak in other ways. Kodachi makes the obligatory appearance as a Black Rose Duelist, Tatewaki fits in a little *too* well, and then there's the whole other way to spin things...
so, how do you think Ranma would react to being forced into role as the Rose Fiancee? ...and Genma as Akio, handing out rose-marked engagement rings (though I daresay that "Kanae" would be better able to handle a sword in that case.)
--------
For the really warped mix, though, you go with NGE/Utena, with the Gendo/Akio fusion and the Rei/Anthy. It's actually pretty impressive how much of the Pure Crack Backstories could be made to mesh...
...or you could do both, just for an excuse to have plots that make absolutely *no* sense to the uninitiated.
Quote:
...or you could do both, just for an excuse to have plots that make absolutely *no* sense to the uninitiated.
Well, if that's what you really want...
Shoujo Kakumei Excel.
Written by Masumune Shirow.
Directed by Hideki Anno.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
A little less off-the-wall was an idea I've been toying with on and off for a while -- it's got its own thread, brief as it is, over in my Other Fan Fiction area -- Revolutionary Girl Shinobu: In which Shinobu Maehara of Love Hina imagines herself as Utena, with Keitaro as the Rose Groom, Naru as Saionji, Motoko as Touga, Kanako as Akio, Grandma Hina as Dios, and so on...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Shoujo Kakumei Excel.
Written by Masumune Shirow.
Directed by Hideki Anno.
Hmm...
I see your point, but I fear that that might hit the point where the plot made no sense at *all*. THe Ranma/Utena/NGE fusion would be more along the lines of "Could be explained, but would take more than 5 times the word count of the original work."
Also, a quote borrowed from ROTFL...
"Well, here I am in an abandoned asylum ... wearing a straitjacket ... talking to myself ...." - Raz, from "Psychonauts"
Crossover! Psychonauts/The Tick!
And Finally, a quote from Hope...
Quote:
He absently ran his fingers through his hair, which was still unmanageable despite Hermiones best efforts. He had drawn the line when she had wanted to start casting identification spells to see if his hair had been cursed.
Plot bunny, no? Hairy Potter.
Perhaps a crossover with User Friendly?
Quote:
with Keitaro as the Rose Groom
owwwwwWWWwwww......

and from the no-brainer file - Ranma Saotome's Dirty Jobs
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979