Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATE/Twilight Flicker: Split Daybreak OMAKE files
RE a sage and advisor
Quote:
Merlin actually showing up messed with my plotting a bit. Problem being, if I've got his character down right Shiro would likely say 'screw causality' and not be content with the role of a 'wisened' advisor in the background when he could be helping out directly ...

Actually, from the looks of it...it might be the first Jewel mage who is actually Merlin.
Plus, there was hints in the Merlin story that the word Merlin is actually the title...not the man..so who is to say that after Arthuria pulled Caliburn...this Merlin fades into the mists...but not before telling Arthuria that someday she will meet the new Merlin..as he was the Merlin to Uther....his successor will be the Merlin to her.
Plus a younger man replacing an older man...both being called Merlin..would lead credence to him growing backwarsd in time.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
humm
Quote:
Actually, from the looks of it ... it might be the first Jewel mage who is actually Merlin.
Oh? Anything specific that makes one think that? Add link if possible.
Rest of the points noted and logged. Letting them stew in my brain until something comes of it.
Oh. And *snickersnort*:
img97.imageshack.us/my.ph...5947yd.jpg
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re:hummm
Oh? Anything specific that makes one think that? Add link if possible.
Well..did you notice the brooch that Merlin was wearing?...might not mean anything though.
Oh..here's the anime variation for Unlimited Blade Works..
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, unlimited blade works!
UBW is cool!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
the _other_ obligatory Flicker
Because, y'know, it _had_ to be done.

file #7 Abort, Retry, Fail? or One step forward, two steps back.
It did not start with a bang.
Rather, it began with a whimper.
And a voice.
In truth, his reaction was partly thus because of how he'd spent the past years. No matter how comfortable a place, no matter how safe he felt, the fact remained that he'd been a wanted man. Well, by some circles, anyway. Others would just as soon see him dead.
It was a testament to his instincts that the blow was halted before it could be completed, though muscles complained that he'd not let them uncoil.
And as eyes opened, he knew why his hand hadn't followed through on its motion, even though it took him a moment to overcome the intense feeling of deja vu. And recognize for a fact that there was no way this could be happening, and that he _had_ gone through this exact situation before. Only that it obviously was happening, which sort of made deliberations upon the impossibility of it all a pointless excercise.
The last thing he remembered was the Between, and a moment of confusion before he was forcibly yanked off his path and towards ... well, whatever the hell this was.
"... se-sempai?"
And so it was that Emiya Shiro found himself, upon waking, in the familiar surroundings of his old warehouse - the only bit of the property left to him by Kirigitsu that he actually considered his ...
"Sakura?" he blinked, before - very carefully - taking a step back and letting his eyes scan the surroundings.
Sakura's legs chose that moment to give out, whereupon she ended up sitting on the floor of the warehouse, eyes wide and staring at him in shock.
"Sempai ... is a Magi?"
Then he noticed that he was not, in fact, wearing his often replaced but still mostly intact traveling clothes. He was, in fact, clad in something he hadn't worn in a long, long while. A rumpled blue overall. Though it seemed smaller than he remembered it being.
As for what his other senses were telling him?
A tether of ... mana? ... stretched out far into the distance, connecting him to some sort of reservoir. It felt familiar, thought. Sort of like ...
Tohsaka? No way that should be ... oh. This is not happening.
He dismissed the blade, and stepped towards Sakura, who scooted back a bit before he raised his hands in a wordless plea for forgiveness. The gesture seemed to calm her down a little.
"Sakura," he crouched in front of her, grasping her shoulders gently. "I want you to think very carefully, then answer. Tell me, what's today's date?"
She did. Both.
It was as bad as Shiro had expected.
Well, that had been a complete and total waste of time.
Not only had she wasted a store of mana. Not only had she managed to somehow blow up her ancestral home's living room. No ...
... apparently, the summoning had gone so badly, that _something_ had shown up. She had no idea _what_, though.
She could even feel the drain on her mana that signified there was something leeching it, like a Servant would have, but ...
... she looked down to her right hand.
... no Command Spells were present.
Tohsaka Rin sighed, ignoring the oncoming headache, and wondered if she could salvage at least a little from the night's mishap.
"What? Just up and went away?"
"H-hai, Fujimura-sensei," Sakura replied. "Shiro-kun was acting ... very oddly."
"To skip school like that," Fujimura Taiga, high school teacher and Emiya Shiro's big sister surrogate shook her head. "I didn't think he'd do something so irresponsible."
"Ano ... he actually asked me to ... not go either? And to wait here for him," the girl added, hesistantly. "Sensei, he said it was really important. Shiro-kun doesn't seem like a person who would just do this sort of thing on a whim."
"Maaaa ... you're right," groused the woman. Then she cheered up. "Well, I guess that means more breakfast for me!"
There was no use in being upset at the moment. She'd save that up for when her 'little brother' came back home.
"Hai? Moshi moshi? Tohno residence."
"Ohayo. May I speak with Tohno Shiki-san?"
"Who is speaking, if I may ask?"
"Emiya Shiro. I'm afraid Shiki-san doesn't know me, but the matter is one of grave importance, so if I could impose?"
"I shall see if Shiki-dono is available."
It was already evening by the time Shiro made it back, and ...
"Sorry to have you come this far so late, but it's sort of a matter of life and death."
"Iie, Emiya-san," the other boy replied. "I had no plans, and I'm glad to help where I can, even if this was a very unusual request. Um ... though the welcome ... "
... was met by a shinnai's tip leveled at his nose.
"Shiro," Fujimura 'growled'. "Onee-san is waiting for an explanation."
"Domo, Tohno-san. We are in your debt. To help a complete stranger so readily," Shiro bowed.
"It really wasn't such a big thing," Tohno Shiki scratched the back of his head in embarassment.
The two said their goodbyes, and the glasses wearing young man donned his shoes and started on his way home. Not surprisingly to Shiro, who was watching for a few more moments, Shiki was joined by a blond woman as he passed the corner of the Emiya property.
Well, looks like some of the good things are still the same as well, ne, Arc-sama?
A minute or so after the duo had gone out of sight, he turned and re-entered the property and house.
And was immediately glopmed onto by a crying Sakura.
"It's gone, sempai! It's really gone! I can't feel it anymore! Thank you, oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou ..."
He just held her as she wept, watched by a somewhat frazzeld Fujimura sensei.
Well, seeing someone stick one of her students with a heavy looking knife, to the hilt, and not leave as much as a wound in the aftermath ... had been more than a little shocking.
Shiro's explanation and demonstration had been even more-so.
The world had just gotten a hell of a lot more ... well, more _something_ for Fujimura Taiga, and she didn't know whether she liked that or not.
Ignorance, she admited to herself, could very well be considered bliss sometimes.
"Geez, how troublesome," a familiar, if unwelcome, voice whined.
Last night had been a total and complete failure. She'd not even managed to track the source of the mana drain down, though she'd tried. The divinations had placed it, alternately outside and within Fuyuki City, and moving whenever she tried to pinpoint the location.
So now, after yet another tedious day of school, she was taking the chance to rest a little. Classes were over for the day, and since she didn't have any club activities or, for that matter, any particular drive to go back home and witness the results of the messed up summoning once again, she was catching a nap on the roof.
That is, before the voice penetrated and she stood, hastily brushing imaginary scuffs from her skirt.
The door to the rooftop opened, allowing ...
"First you disappear for a day, then I find out my sister's gone and decided to do the same ... you're a bad influence on her, you know that Emiya?"
Matou Shinji. Endless annoyance and walking ego rolled into one obnoxiously full of himself package.
The boy paused as he caught sight of her, and a flicker of quickly suppressed anger crossed his features. Well, with the brush off she'd laid on him yesterday, that was hardly a surprise.
"Besides, this isn't exactly private, and you had something to say that wasn't ..."
Before Shinji could finish speaking to someone behind him, Rin suddenly felt the tether of mana flare into life, her own reserves flowing into ...
... there was a flash, and Matou Shinji went tumbling arse over teakettele onto the rooftop, a splatter of blood decorating the floor.
The force of the blow was such that he only stopped when he hit the metal mesh fence that ran along the roof's edge.
"No, Shinjin, this is private enough," said the person emerging onto the rooftop after him. It took her a moment to recognize him, if only because she was unused to seeing his features so utterly blank. Emiya Shiro stepped onto the rooftop, shaking the blood from one hand adorned in a set of brass knuckles. "Sakura's been telling me the most interesting things, you know?"
She was suddenly aware just how quiet everything seemed. Well ... it _was_ late, she supposed. She'd been up here longer than she'd intended, initially.
The next shock came when Emiya tossed the knuckles aside, and bought his hands up, light flashing from them ...
... she felt the ebb of mana again ...
... two blades that suddenly materialized in his hands slapped aside some sort of chain weapon that had lashed out at him from where Shinji lay on the ground ...
Only it wasn't Matou alone, now.
The woman was tall, her hair long and a pale shade of purple, her eyes obscured by some sort of binding, and her body ... well, she wore leather. She wore it well, yes, but there was also damn little of it there _to_ wear.
She was also quite obviously a Servant.
Who'd protected Matou ...
... and what the hell _was_ Emiya, anyway?
The clash that followed was very brief, ending with the Servant flying through the air, as a result of a blocked sweep of a truly gigantic, if crude looking, sword that had flashed into being in Emiya's hands.
Was that Imaging?
Chains flashed out, digging into the rooftop as the Servant yanked herself back towards Emiya ... and veered off, landing in a skidding crouch as two things happened.
One, Emiya pinned one of Matou's arms to the rooftop, with another blade yanked out of the ether seemingly on a whim, and put a second weapon to the prone and whimpering boy's throat.
Two, and for some reason this seemed all the more important to the Servant, Matou's little sister hesitantly stepped out of the darkened stairwell.
"Now, Shinji," she heard Emiya's voice, and shivered at the cold tone of it. "Sakura has been telling me all sorts of interesting things about you. Disturbing things, too. Care to comment? Or just give her Command Spells back, neh? That'll make things easier on all of us."
And so began the arguably most unbelievable time of Tohsaka Rin's life.

I may actually carry on with this one, eventually.
And yes, those were Tohno Shiki and Arcueid of Tsukihime fame. My version of Shiro had met Tohno Shiki and his extended family some time after the War, on his search of the means to follow Saber. Maybe I'll write about it someday. Or maybe I'll just treat it as a throwaway gimmick. I'm assuming Tsukihime ended with the Good Ending of the Arcueid path, and happened before Fate/Stay Night begins, again, just because.
As for why the Good Ending? It's Arc-sama! She's too cute to die, or seal herself away from the world. Deal!
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
re:the _other_ obligatory Flicker
This definitely has possibilities....
Emiya as both master And servant.
I can ownership disputes with Rin over this...
A Berserker vs Saber, Archer and possibly also Rider and Rin fight...it's possible that the fight would end differently this time.
Shiro... having the possibility of 6 girls in his harem when this is over! Lucky dog.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: re:the _other_ obligatory Flicker
I haven't watched Tsukihime before so I have no idea who they are nor what they actually did. Some explication please (both of what happened in Tsukihime or at least what did they do in the segment above)?
Other than that, this is -such- a cool idea. And Shinji? No sympathy from me for you.
Poor Rin. A leech that doesn't actually have to obey her. ^^;
Tsukihime
Here's the link to the walk-tru..
www.geocities.com/max3075.../index.htm
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Shinji's treatment of Sakura
I'm reading the walk-thru and given Shinji's physical abuse of Sakura (and whatever else he might had done) is a big bone of contention between Shinji and Shiro. Not to mention Shinji regards Shiro as an enemy, regardless of what Shiro may had thought then.
I can't help but feel this particular scenario has elements of Heaven's Feel.
Of course, the relaltionship between Shiro and Saber might be very different this time around.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
*dies laughing*
So, Shiro's got quite an Imagination, yes? For example:
www.chiyochan.net/fate/sr...007394.jpg
Gil? This is where you run, dude.

Also, comedy gold:
www.chiyochan.net/fate/sr...842149.jpg
www.chiyochan.net/fate/sr...052861.jpg
which somebody really should write. Appropriate backstory included.

ETA: if wiki is to be believed, the 'So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works' version is Archer's UBW chant, while the 'I have no regrets, this is the only path, my whole life was Unlimited Blade Works' is Shiro's. It works.
-Griever
being held hostage by bunny, will update respective threads tomorrow.
Re: *dies laughing*
Heheheh... Owned your ass will now be, yes! Talk shit about my harem, you wil not!
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
re: *dies laughing*
Hmmm..an alternate scenario?
www.chiyochan.net/fate/sr...516045.png
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
I know this guy from somewhere
www.chiyochan.net/fate/sr...657472.jpg
don't you?
-Griever
appendix to #7

I don't know if I should be glad for being given the chance, or cursing the fact.
It was one of the many thoughts going through the mind of Emiya Shiro as he stretched. His arms and shoulders were still a little sore, in a way he couldn't remember them being in a long while. He'd forgotten what sort of strain fighting with his full capacity put on a mortal body. If it weren't for Avalon and the Eirei part of him, he'd likely be stuck with muscles pulled so badly he wouldn't be able to lift his arms for days to come, much less swing a sword.
The brief exchange between himself and Rider before Shinji gave in to his superior argumentative prowess wasn't the source.
He'd been so pumped by the events of the past day and a half that he'd forgotten a crucial fact, and had spent too much time explaining to Tohsaka as much as he could risk about what was going on. It was late evening by the time Rin had conceded to not try and order him around, not to try and aggrevate Sakura, and ...
... well, that was around the time when the Hound of Ulster made his appearance and crashed the little party, thinking it was only three humans and a single Servant in attendance.
This time around, Shiro had found himself fully appreciating the extent of sheer skill that the Servant Lancer had.
And though Rider had been succeeding at keeping the Irishman at bay, for the most part, it was also clear enough that she was being slowly worn down. The spear wielder simply had more endurance ...
Which was when Shiro had cut in, startling the Servant quite badly with the fact that he was more than capable of keeping up with the tempo of the exchange of ... pleasantries.
Whereupon the Irishman decided that a retreat was in order, and neither Master nor Servant nor whatever the hell it was Shiro had become felt inclined to give chase.
In Shiro's case, this was somewhat due to the fact that he knew where and to whom Lancer was going.
And now ...
Well, the sense of deja vu was growing. It had been a long, long while since he'd as much as seen the Emiya property. Back in the Reality that Was which he'd come from, he'd left it for Fuji-nee, Ilya and Sakura, simply because they were there and they had a use for it. Something he lacked because of his self-imposed ... and later affirmed ... quest.
The memories were bittersweet.
The house certainly didn't feel nearly as lonely as it once had. Or as he remembered it feeling, anyway.
Past and future intermingled in the tangle of Realities, one crossing over into the other to flow together in a melange that shouldn't rightly exist, but does.
Part of his reluctance stemmed from Archer, and the realization that, if he went through with this, he'd be willingly calling someone else into this demented homicidal game of last man standing.
Still ... he needed to make a decision. There was a deadline for which the start of the War was scheduled, and if that passed then the Grail would likely chose another Master of its own volition.
So, standing there, in the exact spot where he'd fallen when he'd first seen one of the most beautiful sights he'd ever experienced, moonlight flitting through the windows and giving the dingy interior of the small warehouse its illumination, Shiro went about gathering mana for the ritual. His mind set, he directed his thoughts into Avalon ...
... and stopped when the mana running through his body, burning its way through his nerves as if every single one had been converted into a Circuit, fluctuated.
Fluttered.
And released in an explosion of light and sound that had cats and dogs yowling for blocks and the people inside the Emiya residence rush outside to see ...
... a hole blown through the wall of the warehouse, as well as its roof.
... Shiro, one sword instinctively called to his hand, his mouth gaping open.
... a pendant Tohsaka realized _she_ was wearing at the moment - she could feel the weight at the end of the chain around her neck, damnit - floating and glowing in the air, it's chain around _Shiro's_ neck.
... a summoning circle pulsing with pure white light, that faded into a light pinkish and then a light crimson color before ...
And in that moment, Shiro knew that the universe was not finished fucking with him. Not by a longshot.
The Servant wasn't tall. In fact, she seemed barely as tall as Rin. Maybe even shorter. She was petite. Her hair ran down her back, winding its way towards the backs of her knees in a braid of pure ivory. She wore tall boots and black stockings, a black turtleneck top, a short pleated skirt ... and what looked like an appropriately sized version of the red coat-like garment Shiro could remember himself as Archer wearing.
"Are you my ..." she paused, red eyes blinking in puzzlement, then recognition, before she literally launched herself from the still slightly glowing circle ... to glomp onto Emiya with a loud cry of "ONII-CHAN!!!!"

Brought to you because of all those Doujins that have Ilya become a Heroic Spirit with an Archer-like motif.
True, here I'm casting Archer-ko as a Saber class, but what the heck. It's amusing.
-Griever
re:appendix to #7
Quote:
He'd been so pumped by the events of the past day and a half that he'd forgotten a crucial fact, and had spent too much time explaining to Tohsaka as much as he could risk about what was going on.
True...like telling Rin about the time Archer died...
Quote:
It was late evening by the time Rin had conceded to not try and order him around,

She's still gonna nag him..not order..nag.
Quote:
not to try and aggrevate Sakura, and ...
Yeah...like hanging over him like a coat...

Quote:
"Are you my ..." she paused, red eyes blinking in puzzlement, then recognition, before she literally launched herself from the still slightly glowing circle ... to glomp onto Emiya with a loud cry of "ONII-CHAN!!!!"
I was thinking that that would be one of Shiro's decicions..to call or not to call..but this is surprising.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: re:appendix to #7
and here I was thinking.... who could Shiro possibly draw forth? would it be Saber? would it be himself as Archer (which would have interesting effects [Image: smile.gif] ? I never expected Illya though :X _______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
If Ilya the Master is still around, this could be an interesting, uh, confrontation eventually.
("He's *my* Onii-chan. Hands off.")
-grin- That being said, Ilya seems like the type of person who'd aggrevate Sakura too. Also, Shiro better hope the War ends before more than a month passes. Not to mention, I'd love to see Rider's reaction to Shiro being not a Servant but not a Master, Sakura as her new master, and Ilya the Servant. ;x
One little victory

"Berserker," Rider hissed as she saw the Servant fade out of the shadows to loom over his impish Master.
"Hmmm, Heracles himself," Caster agreed. "Top marks in all categories, including Noble Phantasm - specifically the 'God Hand', the power of reincarnation. Defeating him just once isn't enough - we need to do it once for each labor."
Saber hissed something under her breath in a dialect of Latin that had never been heard inside a church, and stepped up even with the other two Servants facing the giant at the top of the stairs. "Even with all three of us, this might be..."
"Oh," said Caster -
"Go, Berserker! Kill them!" Ilya cried, and both of the male Servants blurred into motion and came together with a crash in midair over the foot of the stairs. Caster slammed to earth in the center of the first landing, with one knee down and that hand thrown out for balance, and did so with enough force that hand-length splinters went flying out of the crater in all directions. Berserker finished falling a moment later, catching his head on the first step as one eye stared blankly at the ceiling and a trickle of red worked its way out around the ring-pomelled dagger buried hilt-deep in the other one.
- "I don't know that I'd go that far." Then he raised his head and looked Ilya in the eye. "Juuichi."

I can see Rider working for Rin, really - I'm not quite sure why, but I think they'd work well together.
Incidentally, I was browsing around that synopsis site, and, well...

CASTER
Master: Matou Sakura
True Name: Nathan Baxter
Height & Weight: 180cm 82kg
Attribute: Lawful Good
Strength: BMana: E

Endurance: A+Luck: C

Agility: BNoble Phantasm: C

Skills
Wards: EX
Magecraft: A
Hiding: B
Noble Phantasm
Iron Fist - Never a Velvet Glove
Type: Anti-Personnel/Defensive Noble Phantasm
Range: 0
Maximum Target: 1
The mystic artifact replacing the right arm he lost in battle as a mortal is moderately stronger than the natural limb would have been, but its real power is that it is essentially indestructable, even when faced with powerful offensive Noble Phantasms like Excalibur and Enuma Elish. Its limitation is that the same cannot be said of the body it is attached to...
Oracle - The Echo of Creation
Type: ??
Range: ??
Maximum Target: ??
The power that sets him out and makes him a danger when compared to other Servants is this one, which grants him knowledge of many different things in the world around him even if there were no other possible way for him to know - including the names, strengths, and weaknesses of his opponents. A high Luck stat can block this.
Miscellaneous
Image Color: Forest Green
Talents: Magical wards, research
Dislikes: Loud and obnoxious behavior, mistakes, cruelty
Natural Enemy: Saber

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Re: One little victory
o.O?
Juuichi = tithe?
Or is this some reference I'm missing? :/
All the same, it's very cool to see scenelets written from you too Valles. [Image: wink.gif] Rider and Rin... eh. Works for me! ^_^ And your version of Caster seems to fit Sakura better; Rider just seemed to veer wildly from psychotic evil to quiet menace to melancholy within minutes.
Re: One little victory
Quote:
Juuichi = tithe?
Juuni, juuichi, juu, kyuu, hachi, nana...
Quote:
All the same, it's very cool to see scenelets written from you too Valles. Wink Rider and Rin... eh. Works for me! ^_^ And your version of Caster seems to fit Sakura better; Rider just seemed to veer wildly from psychotic evil to quiet menace to melancholy within minutes.
I just tend to think of it as the difference between 'Rider' and 'Medusa' - the Game Face and the girl behind it, as it were. It's a duality that's very present in Rin, too...
Oh, and, the reason for the title:
A certain measure of innocence
Willing to appear naive
A certain degree of imagination
A measure of make-believe
A certain degree of surrender
To the forces of light and heat
A shot of satisfaction
In a willingness to risk defeat
Celebrate the moment
As it turns into one more
Another chance at victory
Another chance to score
The measure of the moment
Is a difference of degree
Just one little victory
A spirit breaking free
One little victory
The greatest act can be
One little victory
A certain measure of righteousness
A certain amount of force
A certain degree of determination
Daring on a different course
A certain amount of resistance
To the forces of the light and love
A certain measure of tolerance
A willingness to rise above

Not quite as apropos as it could be, but one of my all-time personal favorites, so it gets the nod anyway.
Ja, -n

Meeting
I've been staring (and snarling) at the first couple lines of the next Hime-sertion scene for the last couple of days, but it's just not working. Rrrg.
Anyway, I'm hoping that this'll at least make me feel better.
Not that there wouldn't be things it'd be better to be working on, but...
*sigh* Dammit.

Matou Sakura stumbled and fell heavily against the closed door leading to her room. For a moment, she caught her breath against the surge of pain, then gasped in relief as it began to fade back to mere agony. The motion needed to stop leaning on the wood and twist the knob to open it sent bolts of fire screaming across every nerve of the moving muscles, as was always the case after one of her grandfather's training sessions, and she didn't even notice that the room wasn't empty until she had already staggered halfway to the bed.
Seeing her this way disturbed her brother badly, and so he never... came to her room... until she'd had a chance to recover. The surprise broke her concentration and made her stumble again, but a pair of hands - one hard and one firm, but both gentle - caught her shoulders and braced her upright before she could fall.
"Are you all right, my master?"
Her vision had tunneled badly, and all that was left was green. "F-fine."
Her rescuer hissed dissaprovingly, and stepped to one side to start helping her towards her bed. "Here," he said, in a voice that made it clear he didn't believe her in the slightest. "Why don't you lie down a bit - it should help."
Well she could have told him that. She'd done this all too many times before. When she was resting as comfortably as she'd be capable of for the next couple of hours, she turned her head on its pillow and looked at him as he stepped back respectfully.
He was tall - standing, she'd only have come up to his shoulder - and broad-shouldered, with western features, dark hair pulled back away from his face, and round little glasses. Anything else about his appearance, though, was hidden by the floor length dark green cloak that swallowed his entire form below the neck.
"Thank you," she whispered, and he smiled.

Probably the F/SN production team has a fixed official height for Sakura, but I haven't been able to find what it is. My best guess from spot-checking the series is that she's about Saber's height - call it 5' 1".
A note on Caster's use of language - he avoids English loan-words whenever possible, even to the extent of using the Japanese words for 'servant' and 'master' when nobody else does.
I hate to give out spoilers, but the Opposition's gambit this time through was to essentially double the Grail War - that is, 14 Servants and 14 Masters - then stack the deck so that the extra seven were... their sort of people. Thing is, though, I don't know who they were, exactly.
Ideas? At this point I need at least character seeds for... *counts* eight Masters and six Servants. Dunno if I'll use all of them, but it's best to be prepared.
Ja, -n

I am the Captain of My Soul
Such blatant provocation cannot remain unanswered [Image: devil.gif]

try these:
LANCER

Master: ?? (depends. since Rin is taken by Rider already ... somebody selfish, but fundamentally redeemable?)
True Name: Lukasz Kocinski/Griever/Shiraga Katsu ... etc.
Height & Weight: 160cm 55kg (runt semi Kaworu-mode summons ... grr)
Attribute: Chaotic Neutral
Strength: C
Mana: B+
Endurance: C+
Luck: B
Agility: B
Noble Phantasm: A
Magic Resistance: B
Skills
Independent Action: EX
Magic (AT Fields): B
Divinity: C+
Regeneration: A+

Noble Phantasm
Lancea Longini - Shattering of Dreams
Type: Mana Disruption Noble Phantasm
Range: 2~4 (wielded), 5~50(thrown)
The Sealed Lance of Longinus. Channeling a chaotically disharmonic weave of mana along the prongs, the temporary disruption of mana patterns. The Master Servant bond cannot be thusly broken, but mana patterns like summoned Noble Phantasms, weapons, armors and such are momentarily disrupted.
True Lancea Longini - Last Rites
Type: Anti-Life Noble Phantasm
Range: 2~4 (wielded)
The Unsealed Lance of Longinus. A straight thrust overloaded with nearly all the Servant's mana, incorporating the Shattering of Dreams. A killing technique that, instead of disrupting merely the mana flows, can actually disrupt the very existence of a living being, even divine creatures. Note that where mortals are killed, Servants are merely banished by this.
Invictus - I Am The Master Of My Fate
Type: ??
The Noble Phantasm that sets him apart from other Servants. Defacto source of his power. An unassuming smooth matte black orb sitting within his lower chest that is the actual anchor point of his Self. It automatically cancels any sorceries and/or magicks that attempt to impose their control upon him, including Command Spells. If his body is slain, and Invictus remains intact (while it isn't indestructible, it can only be damaged by higher Rank Noble Phantasms) the body will be regenerated either over time, or instantly when full mana is regained. Either way, its mana in that case will be barely sufficient to stay materialized. Invictus is also the reason why he can recover mana on his own, without the need of a Master's donation.
www.imsuzee.com/invictus.html

Miscellaneous
Image Color: Amber/Burnished Bronze
Talents: driving, minor empathy, making use of unexpected circumstances, cooking
Likes: people with a sense of humor, coffee, stories (in all forms)
Dislikes: those trying to use him, loud people and things, fanatics
Natural Enemy: Berserker
BERSERKER II
Master: ?? (ambitious, willing to go over corpses to advance along his chosen path)
True Name: Miyamoto Musashi (also possible for Saber, no?)
Height&Weight: 170cm, 80kg
Attribute: Chaotic Mad
Strength: A
Mana: D
Endurance: A
Agility: A
Noble Phantasm: B
Mad Enhancement: B
Skills:
Battle Continuation: B
Dual Wield: A+
Restart Battle From Scratch: B+
??
Noble Phantasm?? - would have to be either a bokken and jo pair, or a daisho, but that's as far as I can reach. Needs a Fire and Stone Cut technique.
Natural Enemy: Sasaki Kojiro (Assassin)
Quote:
I've been staring (and snarling) at the first couple lines of the next Hime-sertion scene for the last couple of days, but it's just not working. Rrrg.
No worries. I'm currently computer-less, have been for the past few days in fact, so I wouldn't have been able to reply anyway. Right now, I'm forced to use the workstations at the University.
Hopefully, I'll be getting an operational machine back tomorrow.
-Griever
just thought of this one
Been rereading Berserk lately, so:
--
SABER II
Master: ??
True Name: Griffith
Height&Weight: 176cm, 76kg
Attribute: Lawful Evil
Strength: C-
Mana: C
Endurance: C+
Noble Phantasm: A+
Magic Resistance: B
Riding: B
Skills:
Charisma: A+
Instinct: C
Strategy: B
Noble Phantasm
Behelit - Egg of the King
Type: Life Absorbing Noble-Phantasm
Range: ??
A legendary icon the use of which allows the Servant to sacrifice all living things in a certain radius (outside of Magic Users/Servants/etc) to instantly drain all their mana and boost all his stats to A+ until all that mana is used up.
Behelit - Once and Future King
Type: Army-Creation Noble Phantasm
The second, more powerful use of the Behelit. Through the Sacrifice, the body of the holder is remade and all injuries thereto are made null and void, and a host of bakemono is summoned to lay waste to the enemy.
Misc:
Image Color: White
Talents: charisma, skilled orator, shrews strategist and tactician
Likes: people who follow their dreams no matter what, victory, power, loyalty
Dislikes: drifters, treason
Natural Enemy: Berserker, Archer
--
I mean, you could just cast him as a warlord from the Middle Ages. It works.
-Griever
Sword Dancer?
ARCHER II
Master: ??
True Name: Illyasviel von Einzbern
Height&Weight: 160cm, 48kg
Attribute: Chaotic Neutral
Strength: B
Mana: A
Endurance: B
Luck: C
Noble Phantasm: A+
Bio:
Oh, like you need me to tell you more than her real name did already.
Independant Action: A
Skills:
Magecraft: A
Dual Wield: B
Eye of the Mind (Real): B
Noble Phantasm:
Frozen Fantasy - The Sealed Bow
Type: Anti-Battalion Noble Phantasm
Range: 1-99
Maximum Target: 250
More than just a big-ass beam cannon, this Noble Phantasm is based around the principle of absorbing and cancelling out energy - even if it has to convert it from being matter, first. This makes it an excellent defense as well as an attack, as long as it is applied in direct opposition to another Noble Phantasm.
Yang and Yin - The Marked Blades
Type: Anti-Personnel Noble Phantasm
Range: 1-2
Maximum Target: 1 each
Except for being wierd colors and the fact that she can summon and dismiss them from her hands, there's absolutely nothing remarkable about either of these blades.
Edge Dance - The Kiss of the Wind
Type: Anti-Batallion Noble Phantasm
Range: 3-40
An indefinite number of swords which may be summoned and directed to fly at a target.
Misc:
Measurements: 84/58/83
Image Color: Sky blue
Talents: Making trouble, *CENSORED*
Dislikes: Being cold, being alone
Natural Enemy: Berserker, Asassin

Re: Sword Dancer?
I believe someone suggested Utena Tenjou as a possible servant somewhere but darned if I can remember where [Image: happy.gif] _______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
Quote:
I believe someone suggested Utena Tenjou as a possible servant somewhere but darned if I can remember where
She'd pass the character tests, easy, but I'd really rather avoid any more than the bare minimum of crossover elements implied by having the avatar(s) there in the first place.
At the moment, my penciled in list is:
Archer I - Gilgamesh (Kotomine Kirei)
Archer II - Emiya Shirou
Archer III - Illyasviel von Einzbern (Bazette Fraga McRemitz)
Assassin I - Hassan Sabbah (Matou Zouken)
Assassin II -
Berserker I - Heracles (Chibi-Ilya)
Berserker II - Miyamoto Musashi
Caster I - Medea
Caster II - Nathan Baxter (Matou Sakura)
Lancer I - Cu Chulainn
Lancer II - Lukasz Kocinski
Rider I - Medusa (Tousaka Rin)
Rider II -
Saber I - Arturia (Shirou-kun)
Saber II - Sasaki Kojirou
Ja, -n