Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATE/Twilight Flicker: Split Daybreak OMAKE files
Re: just one step closer to the edge
Ooooh. Preeeetty
something about this is really gripping, I hope to see more of it eventually.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Maybe of some use: Unlimited Blade Works... in different languages.
etherchan.org/wiki/index....lade_Works
The Filipino one is iffy. I'll write one up that's better if I actually get time to.
Quote:
Maybe of some use: Unlimited Blade Works... in different languages.
Nifty. The Polish was decent, but I raped it anyway. Mine's better, I think. OTOH, the original text leaves a number of possible interpretations free, which ain't exactly easy to pin down. One man's doesn't necessarily equal another's, and it shows in translation.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

"Going somewhere?" came the voice from the dark.
The woman standing on the hill that overlooked the battlefield turned calmly to regard its source. "Oh, it's you." The low hood hid most of her face, but her lips, at least, were smiling contemptuously.
"Did you think that you could fool me twice?" he asked her, stepping out of the forest and into the moonlight. He was smiling, too, and his hood was thrown back, but his eyes were still hidden by the strip of black cloth tied across them. "Or just that the sight you blinded was the only resource I had? That I'd never know to stop you?"
"Fool. I've already won." Medea said, and raised her hand. "There's nothing you can do to do that."
"Hmph. Sucker." She had been too slow; the levinbolts splashed and redirected away from his shield, and a darker light flared and consumed the ward he held in the fingers of his raised hand.
And something changed. Her hidden eyes widened, and the hair on the back of her neck stood up as she tried to figure out just what.
"On the first day of the first month in some distant year, the whole sky froze golden," he said. "Some said it was the aftermath of the radium bomb, while others told of a final retribution, a terrible revenge, of the gods."
"What?" she asked, not because she cared but because it would buy her time.
"You did very well, turning us against each other - winnowing out those weakened by the battles without ever revealing that you'd survived. But... I refuse to, I cannot allow someone like you or Kotomine or Matou to gain the power of the Grail. At any cost." He smiled, and the expression was grim and more than a little mad. "Kind is not the same as soft, Medea. Didn't it occur to you to wonder what happened to Orengo after her Servant was defeated? To McRemitz?"
There was a smell of moisture in the air, wet and cool and heavy.
"And now that I've told you that, do you think I'm going to use their power to kill you?"
It began to rain with a soft patter of water droplets - not vertically, like a natural rain, but spiraling inwards from all angles to a single point between the two of them where a glistening, mirror-smooth orb of clear water began to grow.
Quickly she tried to phase away, to fade back into the psychic background as a shadow of herself, safe from almost any attack. She couldn't; that tension she had felt earlier locked her into the physical plane.
"You think too small," he snarled savagely.
The gem-like orb grew in moments to the size of a small house, then, without warning or fanfare, contracted inwards, like a time-lapse of an explosion run in reverse.
At its center, a pinprick of fire formed.
Then there was a terrible ghastly light.
Then nothing.

^_^

Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Re: Learn to watch
Quote:
The Sealed Lance of Longinus. Channeling a chaotically disharmonic weave of mana along the prongs, the temporary disruption of mana patterns. The Master Servant bond cannot be thusly broken, but mana patterns like summoned Noble Phantasms, weapons, armors and such are momentarily disrupted.
I just realized, but... as described, the Shattering of Dreams should be able to destroy the God Hand. Strip away all the remaining extra lives, since they're being held in potentia by a Noble Phantasm. Obviously it wouldn't be gone permanently, but it would have to regenerate from scratch - meaning that, during that period, Berserker would only need to be defeated once.
Another Berserker-connected thought... wouldn't the Mad Enhancement be the same sort of thing?
Quote:
(Kirigitsu) Weapons of choice were guns and had this special type of thaumaturgy called Innate Time Control.
*blinkblink* In other words... bullet time for the win!
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
just realized, but... as described, the Shattering of Dreams should be able to destroy the God Hand. Strip away all the remaining extra lives, since they're being held in potentia by a Noble Phantasm. Obviously it wouldn't be gone permanently, but it would have to regenerate from scratch - meaning that, during that period, Berserker would only need to be defeated once.
Y'know, now that you mention it, yeah. Haven't thought of that. They're the same rank, so it should work.
I was actually considering something along the line of, oh ...

"Damnit ... I lose ... more hearts that way," he choked out, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth as he hung, impaled through the heart, on the Gungnir in his opponent's outstretched hand.
"Pfeh. How disgraceful," the golden armored man spat, attention already changing to the running battle beyond. "Any last words, mongrel peasant?"
The thrust came unexpectedly, swiftly, and the King of Heroes had no time to do as much as flinch aside ...
Nor did he need to. The red, twin pronged lance went right over his shoulder, where it discharged its stored energies in a corona of flashing light.
A moment later, the silver haired Lancer was thrown aside, even as Gilgamesh's eyes narrowed in renewed focus.
"You _dare_?!" Two pairs of crimson eyes narrowed as they glared. Then, Gilgamesh smirked. "I've underestimated you, it seems. You do not need your heart to live? Interesting. You're still nothing but a peasant, thought perhaps one that would provide some entertainment ... as I see just how many body-parts you can do without and still function!"
There was a pause, the sounds of battle coming from off in the distance being the only interruptions to the tableau ... and a concerned look started to form on the golden armored man's face.
"Oh? Is something supposed to happen here?" The Lancer used his weapon to prop himself back upright, even as the gruesome wound started to close. "Something wrong? Something missing?"
"What ... did you _do_?!"
"You wanted final words, Gilligan. Here you go," with a burst of mana, the wound closed entirely. "I am the lock. I am the key. The Gates are closed. Don't fuck with me!"
Is Gil powerful? Undoubtedly. But he's also as close to a one-trick-pony Servant as there is.
Anyway, we can use this if we don't figure out a way for Caster and Co. to take care of the golden bugger.
Quote:
Another Berserker-connected thought... wouldn't the Mad Enhancement be the same sort of thing?
No, I wouldn't think it would affect that. The Mad Enhancement is a Class Attribute - to disrupt that, you'd have to mess with the whole Being of Servant Berserker, and the Heaven's Feel as a result.
Quote:
*blinkblink* In other words... bullet time for the win!
Quite. I was considering this for 'War Journal' since Shirou got most of his crack marksmanship not just through practice, but through meditating with those guns and slowly absorbing the psychic impressions Kiritsugu had left on them. Then I figured, nah, he was badass enough as it was.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
To be fair its less of being a one-trick-pony and more of just being to arrogant to actually use any his abilities tp their full capabilities. Which is ironically what made him so more dangerous in Fate/hollow Ataraxia where as a child he doesn't have any of his grown selfs pride.
And don't forgot if Gil starts to feel too pressed there's a pretty good chance of him pulling out Enkidu or the Harpe, in which case Lancer is going to be pretty much screwed.
~~~~~~
On another note is there any hope of seeing either file 5 or 7 updated anytime soon?
Dwarven Vow #16: You can do anything if you try! We're dead anyway if we fail.
-Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Ah, but the question is, doesn't he need the Gate to draw those in the first place? IIRC, that's the case for everything _but_ Enuma Elish. Maybe even for that.
But then, I've never liked Gil much. Or, you know, at all.
As for the files ... those were pretty much spur of the moment drabbles. If the urge grips me, then maybe, but I'm not scheduled for rewatching ROD the TV for the next couple of months at least, and my Fate muse seems somewhat tied up in War Journal. If it isn't defecting to Kyuubi Chronicles or Fenspace.
-Griever
Noble Phantasm wise both Enma Elish and Enkidu are separate from the Gate of Babylon and can be summoned by Gil at a moments notice. Oddly enough though not a true Noble Phantasm or even close to be as powerful as the majority of his other weapons, the Enkidu is his most trusted weapon.
Understandble given Gil's general attitude. Although the version from the Unlimited Blade Works scenario was somewhat likeable (at least when compared to the other versions).
~~~~
Ok, given how the War Journal has become one of my favorite F/SN fics thats something I can be happy about.
Dwarven Vow #16: You can do anything if you try! We're dead anyway if we fail.
-Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Hey Valles:
What's the word on file#7..the one where Illya becomes Archer-ko? I just read Sword Dancer and it peaked my curiosity.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Hey Valles:
[Image: tired.gif]
Yes, because Nate had so much to do with #7.
Tsk, ord. Sloppy.
Anyway, no news from the front on this or anything else ... myself and another are working on something presently. Dunno how you'll like it when it's done, but I'm not being idle, no.
Just ... easily distracted.
-Griever
Story of my life
Sorry about Griever, lost track there.
But anyway....
I finished reading a doujin named Sword Dancer. Think of an Illya Archer-ko, Only dressed in a feminine version of Archer's suit. Black ruffled skirt, a bit higher than mid thigh. Like Rin's. Pale blond hair dressed in a french braid ponytail with a bow at the end. It's very striking. goes with her red eyes.
Her manifested powers are like Archer in that she can image any weapon to mind. She dueled Saber for just about an entire afternoon nonstop. And I still don't know whether she was toying with Saber or not. Her noble phantasm is Frozen Bow. It absorbs the prana of a noble phantasm unleashed at her.
Now in the Fate canon scenario, I read somewhere that Illya died a year later due to her magical circuits frying and she did die in Heaven's Feel. If in an AU, Shiro at least kept her stable by imaging Avalon into her, Ilya might had ended up becoming an Erie...only to become someone fated to be against Shiro/Archer.
It might be interesting to have her be the one whom Shiro summoned in place of Saber. If anything, to prevent Shiro from becoming her mortal enemy.
Oh, she does have deep feelings for onii-chan. And the Illya in Sword Dancer was dammed agressive when it came to sexual matters.
So if it came to mana replenishment....will Shiro have to do the dirty deed or not?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Speaking of which
For those who have the game and are interested in a translation of the game, you can find a patch for the game with the english translation here.[Image: Bansho.jpg]

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Re: Speaking of which
Having just finished playing through the Fate route, which provides information that makes me feel slightly less gypped by the 'Saber goes back to die thing', and watching the end of the anime, I realized that they actually left a way for Shiro and Saber to be reunited in the present. They only mention it in passing, but if you take her last words ('This sleep will be quite a long one') and combine that with what supposidly happened to King Arthur after his death, you've got a way for him to get her back. Although, honestly, going back in time is probably easier than busting into Avalon.
Also, finding out what was really going on in that corpse room under the church catapults Kotomine WAY ahead of Shinji in the evil bastard race.--
La Krueze: I just want everyone in the universe to suffer. Is that so wrong?
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all.