Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Re: I Like.
I'd meant to post the prose version, and include this question in with *it*, but the prose rewrite is just not happening - or at least not to the standards I'd want. I gotta ask, though... did anyone ever figure out what the connection point was on my Norse Myth/Muppets crossover? I did put in a few hints....
Re: I Like.
The rainbow connection, duh. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"Unsettling trend."
...okay, start panicking.
When Mamoru Sagara was assigned by the independent multinational paranormal investigation and intervention agency known as MITHRIL to bodyguard the Japanese schoolgirl Usagi Chidori from person or persons unkown, he had no idea that he would be raising the curtain on the final act of a war whose denoument had been held in abeyance for tens of millenia...
STARRING:
Ami Testarossa (Codename: Mercury)
Makoto Mao (Codename: Jupiter)
Mamoru Sagara (Codename: Tuxedo)
Minako Weber (Codename: Venus)
Usagi Chidori (Codename: Rabbit)
Rei.... er... okay, I'm stumped. I can't find a good place to squeeze Rei in. The only remotely close personality matches would be Kalinin or the LtCmdr, neither of whom I really want to gender-flip (already did Kurtz, after all), plus the age thing, double-plus I need to keep some slots open for Pluto and the Outers, later....
(and I'm not even going to TRY blocking out "Full Moon Alchemist" -- some things are too wrong even for me)
Re: ...okay, start panicking.
Well, there's always the possibility that, thanks to a little mixup in Heavenly record-keeping, a typo caused two people to swap places.
Suddenly finding himself Uchiha Sosuke, our young soldier-of-fortune discovers he has a brother to kill.
While Miss Chidori has acquired the services of a much more formidable (and socially adept) bodyguard... one Sagara Sasuke. --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: ...okay, start panicking.
No no. Sagara Sanosuke. Bigass sword optional.
--Sam
"Everyone stop saying itlan!"
Re: ...okay, start panicking
Quote:
Bigass sword optional.
It's not a sword. It's a horse spear.
Mind you that he can Swing it like a big ass sword is still impressive.
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
It is a dark and blasphemous tome... Well, all right, it isn't that dark. In fact, it's a pleasant shade of pink (inasmuch as any shade of pink can be described as "pleasant"). But it is blasphemous. Filled with descriptions of Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, But Are Too Damned Cute To Avoid, this text warps its readers in strange and unnatural ways that always involve soft fur, pointed ears, long tails, and a knowledge of Japanese.
It is... the Nekomimicon.
Never open it if you value your sanity, or if you're allergic to cats.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
No no. Sagara Sanosuke. Bigass sword optional.
I already have Misao as a genin (speaking of which, I should get back to writing Team Eleven....)
Let's see. A Jounin platoon, consisting of Himura Kenshin, Hajime Saitou, and Sanosuke Sagara, just as a background cameo?--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Bah. Saitou's from Mist.
And Kaoru never gets enough credit, but if you insist on 'plot-powered' characters, Aoshi would probably be the best third.
Ja, -n
(Kaoru fan!)

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
Bah. Saitou's from Mist.
Point. [Image: smile.gif]
Quote:
And Kaoru never gets enough credit, but if you insist on 'plot-powered' characters, Aoshi would probably be the best third.
Ah, no, I have ... plans, for Aoshi. Although this could work. (Kaoru would be one of Himura's students, of course...)--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Student? Hmph. Kaoru is a teacher.
Although Kasshin Ryu has zero place in Ninja World... hmmm...
Gein would work well as a Puppet-nin...
You realize that Yahiko, Yuutarou, and Tsubame need to be a genin team. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"You may very well be the most powerful ten-year-old boy in Japan, but you're still a ten-year-old boy."
Quote:
You realize that Yahiko, Yuutarou, and Tsubame need to be a genin team.
Duh. They're Kaoru's team. [Image: wink.gif]
Just because she was Kenshin's student doesn't mean she hasn't made Jounin since on her own! [Image: wink.gif] --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote:
Although Kasshin Ryu has zero place in Ninja World... hmmm...
And 'The will of fire' does?
Personally, I've always thought of the Kamiya Kasshin as being more a complete self-defense form than a kenjutsu school as such. The point of it is the protection, like, and the sword-skills simply the best tools the founder had at his disposal.
IMHO, not only would that fit in reasonably well with the Leaf, it would also tend to manifest as an uncommon emphasis on deception, information gathering, and other non-martial means of resolution.
And Jounin-sensei Kaoru is win.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Good points, both of you. ^.^ I had one of those reaction-instead-of-response moments...
Weird thought. Kamiya Kasshin is, among other things, the first step on the path from kenjutsu to kendo. Not so much the case here, but... what might happen in another fifty years, or a hundred, if peace were to break out or technological advances started to outpace chakra power?
Could ninjutsu ever really become nindo?
...and I have a horrible vision of Gai's legacy turning ninja sports tournaments into something like G Gundam... x.x
--Sam
"I am mighty! I have a glow you cannot see!"
Could genjutsu ever truly become Gendo?
Misato sure hopes so. She thanks her lucky stars every day for the ninja training that she got when she was small, but she's still sweating bullets trying to keep everyone convinced that Gendo is still alive, well, and running NERV. It was an accident! Honest!
I'd read that. JUst seeing a Gendo-as-puppeted-by-Misato would be worth the price of admission.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
This is... really, really wrong, which is why it's going here:
Evangelion/Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Picchi.
Seriously. Think it through.
Edit: More specifically, think of the implications. I don't know which is scarier -- the fact that they fit together so well, continuity-wise (if not genre-wise), or the implications of what you get when you combine them.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]