Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Re: Not a *fiction*, per se, but...
A student exchange program between two of the most... *magical* schools of wizardry in the multiverse: Hogwarts and Unseen University.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Re: Not a *fiction*, per se, but...
The story of a psychotic, demonic blooded, berserker that is forced to bend to the will of a ghost and learn its craft... or it will become too sick to move if it tries to kill anyone...
Orochi No Go
Not really something that Should Not Be, but...
I've just realized that the perfect name for Bleach/Naruto crossover would be Orange Clean. Two great tastes that go great together!
Re: Not really something that Should Not Be, but...
Naruto and cyberpunk - although, granted, the cyberpunk aspects aren't that extreme - Konoha is the same as ever, Naruto and Lee's headjacks come from living in a secondary "ghetto city" that's underground with the access point a bit outside the walls of Konoha proper. There's some security camera hacking in te Chuunin exam and ebrain-virus/chakra crossover in the lead up, but that's about it. It's actually a pretty good story from Kakashi's vewpoint, as he becomes freinds with an version of Iruka who, thanks to a certain training regime, is effectively a projective lust-inducing empath regardless of gender, though he tries to restrain the effect - despite some questioning, however, it isn't a romantic relationship. The only real warning is that the author is noticeably devout Christian and writes that way, not so much that there's bible quotes scattered around, but it's the religous matrix for the story and there are references to various aspects of that belief system by pretty much every character in the course of its 17 current chapters. Not as much so as the Ben-Riley-in-Nerima fic I spotted a while back, but still noticeable.
Still, the point here is - Naruto+headjacks="ARGH! My brain just exploded!" and not in the in character way. The setting is post-apocalypse-post-recovery, and the relics that remain of the ancient world seem to indicate that despite the prevailing Japanese-like culture it's actually in the physcal location of North America - place names and architecture in the underground city all bear this out.
Oh, and there's some significant differences from the canon that don't get explained until the most recent chapter - Mizuki made his play earlier, the results were next to nothing like canon, and until Ch17 it's been classified so high Kakashi doesn't have clearance to know, even as Naruto's jounin sensei. SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
heyarnarutold.ytmnd.com/
This is, thankfully, not mine. But it definitely Should Not Be. Two great tastes that go great together!
Legendary
Magical fox girls.
Evil ninja babes.
Gratuitous peek-a-boo transformations.
Gratuitious no-I-think-I-saw-everything transformations.
Cannibal clowns.
Go Nagai and Evangelia present
QB Honey
Re: Legendary
'Scuse me whilst I hover in the corner chortling.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Checklist
Quote:
Magical fox girls.
check

Quote:
Evil ninja babes.
nope
Quote:
Gratuitous peek-a-boo transformations.
check
Quote:
Gratuitious no-I-think-I-saw-everything transformations.
check
Quote:
Cannibal clowns.
Hmmm..Inukami has 3 out of 5, but the series hasn't ended yet
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Ow
Quote:
A Fruba/Nuku Nuku/Chobits cross- the sheer comedy and sweetness value makes my teeth hurt, just by *thinking* about it.
The worst part is that, as best as I can see, it actually makes sense...
Poor Nuku Nuku. She would probably fair worse treatment than Kyo, or Kazuma's grandfather, being literally "inhuman". I can't really reconcile the image of her being in their position.
And Akito... *shiver*
It's always nice to find another Fruits Basket fan. If you write this, let me know!*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Ouchies...
Exactly- especially since that scenario has Nuku-chan in the role of Kyo...
As for Akito, well... she has *issues*. Luckily, Atsuko would end up living with Shigure and Yuki, so it wouldn't be all that bad.
Not gonna- my hands are full writing a Big O Stagger for the Walk. I'm playtesting a friend's mod, and re-watching the series, while returning to college and preparing my fanfic outline.
If anybody else wants to take the idea and run with it, though- be my guest. Please tell me, though.
I'd like to read it, too...[Image: eyes.gif] [Image: eyes.gif]

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Re: Ouchies...
Maybe once scanlations for the last remaining chapters are out. I've got some ideas for such an alterverse; if they come to fruit, I'll let you know.*********
www.venganza.org
No. Just... no.*********
www.venganza.org
Quote:
No. Just... no.
But entirely plausible, if you think about it.---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
I have no idea where this image came from, but it speaks for itself really.
[Image: Dragonscouts.jpg]
- CD It followe me home and hid in my hard drve a few years back, apparently
ETA: Down at the bottom, what you might call "more 'magical' transformations" AAAAH! Megatron-chan! Too cute! Sailor Vegiitasei meets Sailor Cybertron - now THERE's a crossover that Should Not BeSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
[Image: 1156003644169.png]
"Hey, what does pulling this do?!"
WHUMP
"Oh, wow, you have a hole in your tummy, Daddy!"*********
www.venganza.org
Hoagie: looks like 4chan disallowed linking to that - you'll probably have to stick it somewhere else (Photobucket?) that allows hotlinking
And, another from my Just Plain Wrong files:
NSFW so you get a link
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
You sure it's that? I can see it fine on my end. When I have a moment later I'll put it up and link it.
Quote:
And, another from my Just Plain Wrong files:
...wtf?*********
www.venganza.org
All it shows me is black text saying "4CHAN.ORG" on a transparent background in about 36pt font, so yeah, pretty sure. If it was just broken or random net flakienss it woulfd be a "couldn't load this image" browser-icon.
As for the other... well, why do you think it's in this thread?
--
yet more.
Ryouga-oh-ki. It's just *amazing* what winds up in those cursed springs.

Also, Mamoru hunter Yohko. Or Yosho. Or Yoshi. If Tuxedo Mask having to deal with a misguided Devil Hunter/Jyuraian noble/long-tongued riding dinosaur isn't on the list of Things That Should Not Be, I don't know what is.

Also, the idea of an Oz/Silent Bob meet up wandered through my head. Turns out when I did the search there was one already. It was even kinda cool.

Grrr... EZBoard cancelling anonyous posting and forcing me to make an account. Grr I say. Grr.
Re: yet more.
Hey Sirrocco, welcome to the forums. And thanks for the links -- the Oz/Silent Bob bit is very nicely done.
Quote:
rrr... EZBoard cancelling anonyous posting and forcing me to make an account. Grr I say. Grr.
Um. No, not really. That was me, more or less. About two weeks ago we had a spammer dumping garbage posts in here via unregistered member posting, which I had been allowing. In the wake of two such incidents, I shut off that privilege, at least for the next few months. Sorry to inconvenience you.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Re: Now here's a weird idea
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Suzumiya Haruhi SOS-dan wgah'nagl fhtagn! I! I! Suzumiya Haruhi fhtagn!"
-- The Madness of Suzumiya Haruhi
No, Haruhi is quite firmly one of the Young Gods, and hence relatively comprehensible to humans. Doesn't get much younger, really.
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
Ah, but is she a New God?
PING PING PING! "What's that, Mother Box? Lightray fell down the well?"
--Sam
"And you don't eat crackers in the bed of your destiny!"
Various destinations have been suggested for a Not-Quite-Dead Sirius Black upon his trip throguh the Veil, from other fiction universes to the throne room in front of Hades, but what if it was a slightly different afterlife he found? A joker like him would certainly be able to pass West Kaioh's most important test for training... hopefully being a wizard would make him tough enoguh to not immediately be crushed by the extra gravioty, but I suspect it would be a long time before he even got so far as playing tag with the monkey.
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
just for the bizarreness value...
Oz/Oz/Oz crossover. Werewolf, Women's prison, and Wonderful Wizard.
...and if that's not *quite* wrong enough, i can think of a fourth cross-in that would be just pervect.