Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Shades of Monty Python
You mean, Oz/Oz/Oz/Baked beans and/Ahz?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Shades of Monty Python
I don't like Oz!
(Sorry, it had to be done.)
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
(wearing handkerchief with the corners tied) MY BRAIN HURTS!
mythology/MLP
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Kimagure Orange Road Warrior.
Psychic teens battle for control of the post-apocalyptic wastelands while trying to resolve romantic entanglements! Move over, Kenshiro...
--Sam
"If I could just reach those peanuts...!"
Outlaw Star Wars - Han Starwind and his kid partner Luke Hawking ...
Shin Megami-sama Tensei: Analog Angel Tails - spirits of dead pets given human form fight a deadly battle in the confines of a virtual world known as 'the Recycling Plant', locked in a never ending cycle of death and rebirth. One day, they're imbued with divine power and given the ability to morph into Angel-form ... now a giant free-for-all erupts. The prize? Being Belldandy's Angel.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Quote:
mythology/MLP
Now that's just cute and twisted mixed together in one sick little package.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Outlaw Star Wars - Han Starwind and his kid partner Luke Hawking ...
That would be a fusion... but so would be Orochi no Go... unless it was a sequel. Many of these would really. Meh... Whatever.
Lets drop Battle Angel Alita into the Starbug during Season 7 of Red Dwarf... and watch her twitch as she hears Lister play his guitar for the first time and can't kill him...
Hmmm... for even more fun, have Blink drop in about the same time, from her "death"-by-overdoing-her-gates at the end of the Phalanxx crossover. (Blink was one fo the teenagers collected for the Generation X team/school, who later reappeared in Age of Pork-Lips... er, Apocalypse, and then that version of her has been in Exiles from then on. I know this because I followed GenX up to the beginning of the AoA crapover {like a crossover, only it sucks} and in the past couple of days got a bunch of Exiles backissues because of my fondness for short, self contained AU stories - which Exiles basically is, thoghu there's a Sliders style main cast. {Well, she had a fling with Annihilus (who looked human at the time {My parenthetical comments (like this one {yes, really!}) shall take over the world!}) in between})
- CD
ETA: An evil wizard works tirelesly to unleash a terrible monster... He's pink and rubbery, and he'll destroy all life on your world. (some people say he's a big chicken, but that's ridiculous) His name? Majin Boo!
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
We've seen all manner of 'person X raises Harry' stories over the years, but I don't think this one's been done yet:
And shepheds they shall be - in the course of a summer vacation of the Dursleys, a young Harry ends up abandoned in South Boston, eventually ending up in a certain pub on a certain St. Patrick's Day.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Err... Your not exactly giving me a lot of clues with that one. I can't even guess on what that even is a crossover with...
Boondock Saints.
-Griever
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Kidou Senshi Gundam Sakura:
Giant robots.
Hordes of demons.
In space.
In the future.
In the middle of a war.
Quote:
We've seen all manner of 'person X raises Harry' stories over the years, but I don't think this one's been done yet:
And shepheds they shall be - in the course of a summer vacation of the Dursleys, a young Harry ends up abandoned in South Boston, eventually ending up in a certain pub on a certain St. Patrick's Day.
Nope, but it does sound interesting. (I'm currently following 'Inevitable', in which a teenaged Harry hooks up with Anita Blake and crew, though...)
As for a crossover... I had one when I started this post, but now I can't remember it.
Although... hm. The Armageddon Inheritance. Harry Stamper miraculously survives the nuclear explosion on the asteroid, only to find that he's been rescued by a giant spaceship disguised as the moon. It needs a captain.....
--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: And Shepherds They Shall Be
Hmph, and here I was thinking about Harry Potter raised by the cast of Cheers. Of course, I've never seen a single episode of Cheers, yet it still sounds far more wrong that having him raised by the most twisted catholics ever.
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84
Harry Potter raised by the Addams Family... learning potions from Grandmama, and bringing Thing with him to Hogwart's instead of an owl...
-- Bob
---------
Hm.
Harry Potter raised by Hanse Davion.
The Power the Dark Lord Knows Not weighs 85 tons, was manufactured at the New Avalon Institute of Science, and is armed with a particle cannon, four medium lasers, and a six-rack of short range missiles.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Dear god. And I can see that painted across the nose of the thing: "The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not (reg. New Avalon)".
-- Bob
---------
He was a thorn in the sides of various dark forces, and sometimes the sword that gutted them ... but that was then. As payback, they decided to go for something twisted, yet ironic.
Ohgami Ichiro woke up one morning, finding himself in the time and with the memories and body of a thirteen year old Oogami Souma. And that's just the beginning.
Sakura Taisen/Kannazuki no Miko.
-Griever
Among the broken toys in Dudley Dursely's spare bedroom is a broken Angel, from the Angelic Layer game. After a little accidental magic repairs it, Harry Potter wins an entry into the 4th Japanese championships and runs away from the Dursleys to compete.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Elisa Wrote..
>Kidou Senshi Gundam Sakura:
>Giant robots.
>Hordes of demons.
>In space.
>In the future.
>In the middle of a war.

...No no no. This is not a crossover that should /not/ be.
This is a crossover that -should- be.
Someone please write this for me. Please? Pretty please?
Rogue elements of G.I. Joe have taken over an abandoned Cobra base with intent to commit nuclear blackmail... well, goofy-cartoon-doomsday-weapon blackmail, anyway.
It's up to the baddest-ass mute ninja on Earth to infiltrate the Terrordrome and single-handedly bring his former teammates down, in:
METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE-EYES.
--Sam
"Do something, Doc! Ninja him!"
re:METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE-EYES.
Actually, it might very well work.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
maybe not a 'should not be' ...
... but something to consider for the future. A crossover/fusion with 'Bakuratsu Tenshi'. Pick decently competent teenaged guy from a somewhat appropriate anime, have him take cooking classes, mix him up with the four female protagonists insted of Kyouhei simply becuase the original 'cook' was little more than a throwaway plot device.
I have no idea whom to propose for the spot, though.
-Griever
Re: maybe not a 'should not be' ...
Akito Tenkawa?

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Re: maybe not a 'should not be' ...
Well, the cook thing pans out, but I've never seen enough Nadesico to have the guy pinned down right. Also, from what I do recall, he doesn't really have enough of an attitude to influence the plot significantly, should he be adapted to the setting.
-Griever