Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Re: maybe not a 'should not be' ...
This is after all Crossovers That Should Not Be, therefore I nominate... Johnny Bravo.
The question, I suppose, is whether he would even SURVIVE...
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: maybe not a 'should not be' ...
Finally got up the image that 4Chan wouldn't let met hotlink.
Yotsuba&...
"Hey, what does pulling this do?!"
WHUMP
"Oh, wow, you have a hole in your tummy, Daddy!"
Memes of the world, unite!*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
The other Tenkawa
Quote:
Well, the cook thing pans out, but I've never seen enough Nadesico to have the guy pinned down right. Also, from what I do recall, he doesn't really have enough of an attitude to influence the plot significantly, should he be adapted to the setting.
How about Tenkawa from the follow-up movie NadesicoTonguerince of Darkness?
Anyone who survived being kindnapped, experimented on so that he lost use of his taste buds (ruining any chance of being a cook), escaped from his captors and wages a one man interplanetary war against his former captors (and becoming the personification of vengeance in the process) would definintely have attitude to spare.
I did wonder what happened Tenkawa at the end of the movie.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Harry Potter and the...
Kender! Harry Potter gets raised by a pack of dimensionally misplaced Kender! (With obligatory gnome friend, who serves as a handy plot device for *how* the dimensional misplacing occurred.)

(admittedly, Kender were the second choice. Initially I had intended Smurfs, but the justifications were a little too excessive, even for this sort of thing.)
Re: Harry Potter and the...
Quote:
Finally got up the image that 4Chan wouldn't let met hotlink.
Yotsuba&...
"Hey, what does pulling this do?!"
WHUMP
"Oh, wow, you have a hole in your tummy, Daddy!"
Bloody ****ing hell. That's messed up!
That just... breaks my brain.
Just what kind of person draws that kind of crossovers?
The ClassicDrogn of fanart, perhaps?
(Sorry, CD, for making that crack. After the FLCL/DBZ/Excel Saga exchange, I had to do it. Please understand that I really do mean it in the best way, and don't go blowing up my computer or anything.)Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Actually, I read that and said, "You know it, baby!" so don't have any worries on that score. If I must be famous for something (instead of filthy rich and unknown) I'd prefer it to be for my love of crack anime and crossovers. Now I just need to get going on the rich part, ne?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Harry Potter brought up by ... Borribles.
He'd be even better at surviving than the canon Harry. Of course, he'd regard ALL the Hogwarts faculty, not just Snape, as the enemy. And I don't even want to consider the question of his pointed ears....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Oh. Oh, that would be so cool. Because a Borrible-able Harry would of course run away from the Dursleys... As someone said of the crossover seed I planted over in the "Other Fan Writing" area a few days ago, "I'd pay money to read that."
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Guyver vs. Predator-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!
Guvery vs Predator
You know that's really not fair to the predator, though it might make a good story told from the predators pov. But IIRC the guyver has nuke equivalent weapons.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Crossovers.
I want a Crest of the Stars - Firefly crossover. I have got a Hikaru no go - Full Metal Panic crossover plotted out, if I ever get around to writing it.
Re: Crossovers.
I've had a Guyver-versus-Predator plot on the back burner for about a decade--extremely experienced yautja starts hunting Zoanoids. The mega-smasher isn't that much of a problem, considering that Sho is reluctant to use it in a populated area.
And it becomes most exquisitely fair if it turns out that the Predator is also a Guyver. [Image: wink.gif]
--Sam
"Stop right there, naughtyspawn!"
"hzsssk... Who's there?"
"I... AM UNICRON. I HAVE SUMMONED YOU."
"No one summons Largo!"
"THEN IT PLEASES ME TO BE THE FIRST."

I think the most frightening thing about that, is that it came out of my story notes file... and it's still IN there.

--
A crossover that should not be, but is
Xenogears Solid: Tactical Crossover Action--
Instead of playing the role of a super hero, one degenerates into a strange bum luring villains to their doom in a trash dumpster. -Statesman
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
No one summons Largo!
And we're talking about the Megatokyo one ^_^.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: Re: Crossovers.
Actually, it's possible to make this even more wrong... "I, AM YUNA. I HAVE SUMMONED YOU."
--
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Neon Genesis Angel Sanctuary ...
The DNA that the EVAs were created from actually came from the Organic Angel Alexiel, whose body is kept in stasis in Central Dogma. The Angels are Inorganic Angel Rosiel's agents. Ritsuko is actually a crossdressing guy, and Rei can summon dragons. Misato is Lucifer. Shinji _still_ has serious issues, and - for some reason - a seven bladed pigsticker. And hots for Rei.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Bleached Bone Dragonball Z
So Goku and Raditz both die but instead of winding up in front of King Yama, they find themselves in the Soul Society. And naturally they keep fighting.
Now naturally the Shinigami aren't having any of this and send out a few squads to deal with the unruly new arrivals.
Then they send out a few squads of medics and a couple of Vice Captains.
Who manage to bring in Goku before Raditz cleans their clocks for them...
Meanwhile, the Z Senshi don't know what's happened to Goku, who Kami-sama can't find. But they'll just ahve to hope that a) they can still bring him back with the Dragonballs and b) that he'll find a way to get stronger, wherever he is.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
DBZ plus...
The Saiyajin existed in a symbiotic relationship with another species, y'see, big-time sorcerers who needed powerful physical backup. So every planet-killing baby was sent out with a partner.
Only Kakarott's partner's pod crashed elsewhere, and that kid lost his memory too.
And the story played itself out just like normal, until the last regular Budokai, when Lunch ran off after the man she'd fallen in love with... only here, she actually caught Tenshinhan.
And the guy with three eyes married the lady with two minds, and they had a cute little daughter who inherited both traits.
Yeah, it's her. [Image: smile.gif]
And now Raditz and his partner Rudra are trashing the place, and Rad can't actually be killed because his soul isn't where it should be, and Gohan and Pai are trapped in the space capsule together...
Zx3 EYES, coming probably never to a website near you.
--Sam
"I don't think falling four thousand feet and getting hit by a subway train did him any good."
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Bun-Bun & Kiki: Sluggy Freelance Police.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
3xR: Thrice the Rumble - a 3x3 Eyes/School Rumble Fusion based on the simple premise of:
"Yakumo! Speak to Pai!"
-Griever
The Music of November 5th- a Phantom of the Opera/V for Vendetta crossover. The sheer *style* of it overwhelms me.
Or, a metafanfic- .45 Caliber Angel/Max Payne. Make it over-the-top, comic-book noir, and see what happens.
Would the thought of a Shadowrun/System Shock mix disturb anybody? TriOptimum as one of the megacorps, with a team of Shadowrunners contracted to break into their systems caught alive, and offered a job- hack SHODAN. When everything goes wrong, you have a full team of fighters ready to do the dirty work...
BGC/Chobits cross, set in the Matrix. Persocoms=Buma? Knight Sabers fighting Agents?Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in "Future Steps". Identifying the two stories should be unnecessary...

"Listen up, you primitive youma! This... is my Moon Stick!"

(The line came up during tonight's gaming session, and I'm not at all ashamed of it. Bob, feel free to steal it...)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Neon Genesis Ranma 1/2 ...
Soun Tendo as head of NERV, trying to end the world to bring back his wife.
Kasumi, Nabiki, and Akane as Units 01, 02, and 03.
The rest as fits ...