Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
The Lovegoods go to America to investigate reports of a relative of the Crumple-Horned Snorkack -- it apparently lives in closets and inflicts worries on small children and/or penguins...
Luna Lovegood and the Giant Purple Spotted Snorklewacker. [Image: ohwell.gif]
--Sam
"Take it, Milo!"
"Take it where?"
The Wizard of Strana Mechty
"Anywhere else," Harry wished with all his might. "I wish that I was anywhere but here."
He was sitting on his bed, clutching his wand, the only item he'd been able to hang onto when Uncle Vernon had locked his trunk away in the attic.
"Wish granted," he heard.
Ulric Kerensky looked at the small boy in front of his desk. The child looked comical stood between the pair of hulking elementals who flanked him, particularly given the glowers that the two infantrymen were directing at him.
"A dangerous infiltrator indeed," he murmured, stroking his beard. "How old are you, boy?"
The boy kept his face towards the ground, directing ahead of unruly black hair towards the Khan. One of the elementals raised his hand to 'motivate' an answer out of him, but Ulric forestalled him with a raised finger.
"You caught him in the Mech hanger, quiaff?"
"Aff," the Elementals responded reluctantly.
Ulric punched a code into the computer on his desk, bringing up security surveillance of the hanger. He advanced the recording to the approximate time and advanced it until movement was detected. The camera had not detected the boy's arrival, he first came into view scrambling down the side of one of the OmniMech's stored there, Ulric's own OmniMech in fact. He was hanging from the Gargoyle's groin armour when the hanger door opened and the two patrolling Elementals entered, spotting him immediately.
Ulric watched in fascination as the child slipped off the armour just as the first Elemental reached the Mech and landed feet first in the man's face. Unfortunately for the Elemental, the hanger had not been cleaned since the maintenance cycle so he had been standing on a thin layer of coolant fluid. The giant soldier slipped off his feet and the boy bounded away as the Elemental toppled.
The boy tried to scramble up a ladder onto the gantry and the two Elementals reached up just as he was at their head height. The second Elemental caught his heel in his face and flinched back. Flailing in the other direction, the same foot lashed towards the first elemental who dodged. The coolant fluid still staining his boots betrayed him and he once again landed on his ass. The boy dodged a last attempt to grab him and swarmed up the ladder.
The Elemental grabbed hold of the ladder and shook the relatively flimsy construction, forcing the boy to stop climbing and hang on for dear life. As the first Elemental joined in, the stress became too much and the ladder simply snapped, dropping its lower half and the boy on top of the second Elemental. Twisting as he landed, the boy sprang away, only to be finally captured as the first elemental made a diving tackle and drove him to the floor. Ulric winced - the Elemental outweighed the boy at least four to one.
"So," he said thoughtfully, halting the footage. "And what do you propose be done with the boy, Warrior Ronald?"
The boy twitched slightly at hearing the name and Ulric catalogued the reaction for future reference.
"A sound beating," growled the slightly taller of the Elementals, the one who had had the accident with the coolant fluid. By odd coincidence, he did have red hair.
Ulric raised one eyebrow. "Indeed. And if another was responsible for his presence in the hanger, would you say the same?"
"A sound beating for both of them," Ronald responded promptly.
"You are responsible for the security of the hangers this watch, quiaff?"
Ronald hesitated. "Aff," he said doubtfully. His companion winced.
"Then preventing such intrusions is your responsibility, quiaff?"
Comprehension reached Ronald's eyes. "Aff," he answered miserably.
"I am sure that your Point Commander can fulfill your side of the bargain, Warrior," Ulric declared. "I will see to the boy."
As the two Elementals departed, Ulric studied the boy. It was hard to gauge his age accurately - most likely somewhere in the early stages of puberty, judging from his height and size. Lightly built and somehat underfed, not surprising if he was one of the bandit caste. As the boy relaxed slightly and glanced around the office, Ulric caught sight of huge, luminous green eyes.
"So," he said calmly. "What am I to do with you?"
No answer was forthcoming.
"Do you have a name?"
The boy whispered something. Ulric raised his eyebrow, questioningly. "Harry Potter," the boy repeated.
Ulric snorted. Bandit caste then. Still, he had potential. "Well then, Harry. Since you're certainly no warrior, I'll ascribe that to ignorance. You have no bloodname, so as far as the Clans are concerned, your name is Harry. No more." He smiled at the glare that Harry directed at him. Defiance. Good, he could use that. "Either accept it or pretend to accept it."
The Khan tapped at his computer for a moment and studied the result. Yes, that would do nicely.
"Send in the trainer for Sibko seventy-one," he ordered the communit that shared his desk with the computer.
"What do you know of the Clans?" he enquired.
Harry shrugged.
"A sibko is a class of warriors," Ulric explained. "They start when they are half your age and train until they are grown. From what you managed against Ronald and Jonathon, you have some potential. If you fill it then you will be a warrior. If you wash out..." He shrugged. "From here on, your life will be whatever you make of it."
Harry stared at the bunk above him.
As days go, this had to be one of the oddest he had ever had. Not the worst. But strange, very strange. From finding himself suddenly sat on the head of a giant metal statue, to being dragged in front of a man who resembled nothing so much as a cross between Dumbledore and Sean Connery to being inducted into a class of twelve year old child-soldiers. The words surreal and mind-boggling could also be considered.
If the Khan resembled Dumbledore, then Trainer was more like Madame Pomfrey crossed with a drill sergeant from one of Dudley's war movies. Her general response to any error or perceived error on his part was a swift clip around the ear, but she had also started her supervision of him by taking him to a medical station where a man in a long white coat had diagnosed a fractured rib, and taped it up, attaching a small electronic device that he assured Harry would have the rib fully restored by then next day. Then he had been provided with a large meal, not quite up to Hogwarts standards but filling, which Trainer Kana had insisted he eat entirely.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Shino no Tabi - a young ninja travels to see the world, alone but for his bugs and his talking motorcycle. The overuse of greenish filters goes unnoticed due to the fact that he never takes off his sunglasses.
Also, Hellsing and (insert robot girl show here) - it turns out that just because they aren't human, doesn't mean FREAK chips won't turn them into vampires. If anything, they work all too well. Yokohama Kai-something Kaido, Chobits, or Hand Maid May would be particularly bad fits. Amazing Nurse Nanako isn't really a robot girl show, but might actuallly work all too well, OTOH, given the whole secret experiments/antagonist vatican vibe, so too for E's Otherwise.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
A few notes to my diseased imagination, by The Twisted One:
Dear Imagination,
While I often appreciate the unique ideas that you provide me, I feel I must make a few statements concerning the recent output, ennumerated below.
1. Even though they both have messy blond hair, wear distinctive orange clothing, and have used a shuriken, there is not enough in common between Uzumaki Naruto and Kenny McCormick to justify a Naruto/South Park crossover.
2. Giving Dr. Abby Lockhart an amnesiac British cousin named Gilderoy is a big no.
3. While the Kuno family's incompetent ninja Sasuke is an annoying addition to the Ranma 1/2 anime, replacing him with the ninja Uchiha Sasuke will not improve things.
4. As cool a mental picture it may make, it is not a good idea to have Ayanami Rei wielding Stormbringer.

Sincerely,
The Twisted OneThere is no medicine that cures stupidity (baka ni tsukeru kusuri wa nai).
--Japanese proverb
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Quote:
1. Even though they both have messy blond hair, wear distinctive orange clothing, and have used a shuriken, there is not enough in common between Uzumaki Naruto and Kenny McCormick to justify a Naruto/South Park crossover.

Cartman: "Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Meat tank. Meat Tank!"
Quote:
Cartman: "Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Meat tank. Meat Tank!"
Tank you say?

"Jesus Cartman, he's in the casters! Taunt him off! Taunt him off!"
"Hey you! Get off my raid and back in the lava pool and back me a pie or I'll kick you square in the nuts!"
"Oh my God, Rag killed Kenny! You bastard!"
*One wipe later*
"Scarew you guys, I'm hearthing home."---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Quote:
4. As cool a mental picture it may make, it is not a good idea to have Ayanami Rei wielding Stormbringer.
Oh, I dunno. I guess it all depends on your definition of "good".
Besides, hearing her whisper "Blood and souls for my lord Arioch" tonelessly would be a whole hell of a lot scarier than Elric screaming it...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Herr Bad Moon, thank you for the best WoW laugh I've had since they took my server offline for the retrofit.
Also, just wondering, do you play WoW and If so what server/servers and what faction? I have a number of Alliance on Scarlet Crusade and a couple of Horde on Kirin Tor.

Kheram
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends has a new tenant... Tyler Durden.
Bloo Club.
--Sam
"What kind of corn soldiers are you?"
I have... I have this image... and it's *definately* a crossover (fusion?) that Should Not Be, but I have *no* idea how to properly construct it.
Start withthe Potterverse. At some point in the series, some Big Magic Thing happens, and the natural laws of a few other realities start to bleed in. Thig is, the *way* they're bleeding in means that no one really notices. It's just natural that it works that way, and the people who would know about it do. Everything gets a bit more Anime, for one thing. Romances get more tangled, fights get better choreography, and explosions become both more impressive and less fatal. Also, some aspect magic starts to bleed in. People who are strongly a particular way, or are connected strongly with a particular force, start showing more traits associated with their Aspects, and eventually start getting minor magical effects from them. Everyone pretty much takes this in stride. Meanwhile, various things are coming to a head, following both potterverse patterns (Everything Is About Harry And Voldemort, Things Are Not As They Seem, It's Worse Than Last Year, and so on) and Anime patterns (Series of Dramatic Fights, You Beat Me So Now We're Friends, Time To Unlock More True Potential, and so on) into a crescendo, until finally Our Band Of Heroes (Each of whom was absolutely vital in solving one, and only one of the previous tasks) makes it to the Inner Sanctum to face Voldemort. He is there, surrounded by the still dangerous remnants of his Nameless (and identically robed and masked) Minions. Everyone tenses for the Grand Melee. Voldemort waves them aside, and pulls out the Big Badguy's Final Hidden Ace. The Heroes are neutralized. Also terrified. Voldemort prepares to Kill Everyone, when Dobby walks into the room. Dobby (who had been acting a bit oddly, and had disappeared without particular comment about halfway through the series) has been really focusing on his Aspect. Dobby is the Living Avatar of the Rage Of The Working Man.
"Cast Off The Chains! Eternal Revolution Strike!"
Voldemort's power is utterly broken, in a 3-minute-long show of CGI. Also, as a side effect, everyone in a three-mile-radius or so is freed... from everything. Cue the final fight, with Harry having to work for it, but obviously having the upper hand. Voldemort dies. Wrap up plotlines and roll credits.
The Power that The Dark Lord Knew Not... was an angry house-elf.
David, Archangel of Gnomes.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Actually, the In Nomine Mailig List has a half-built In Nomine fantasy universe somewhere in the archives in which each of the major superiors created/corrupted a race or two and David built the dwarves. (As the author pointed out, aside from the height and nudity, David *is* a dwarf.)
...unless you were talking about some specific variety of gnome?
Actually, I was thinking of something a bit more specific.---------------
-Jon
---
Jon
I do not create, I only report
I saw this when I was rereading one of the old DW VI threads...
Revolutionary Girl Asuka
"If an angel cannot break the shell of her egg, she will die without ever being born..."
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Re: I do not create, I only report
Has anyone suggested...
...Revolutionary Girl Utonium?
"Sugar, spice and everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little prince. But Professor Ohtori accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... Chemical X..."
-- Acyl
So wrong, so VERY wrong....
Okay, so I was watching the latest ep of Naruto on CN, and was forcibly reminded of the first thought to pass through my mind the very first time I saw Naruto's "Sexy no jutsu": "Gee, he looks like Usagi Tsukino!"
I mean, really, the resemblance is striking. Put girl!Naruto's twin ponytails in odango buns, and, well....
I have *no* idea where to even start going with this. But if there's one place on the internet that combines the necessary amounts of zany creative brilliance and utter twisted depravity, *this* is the place. [Image: smile.gif]
Revolutionary girl Uchiha.
Sasuke is dragged kicking and screaming from his native reality, forcibly changed into a girl, and saddled with enough Highly Symbolic Mystical Fu to staple him more or less into place against his will.
"So, if I try to just leave the area?"
"You die."
"And if I don't win this stupid tournament?"
"You die."
"And if I try to find some way to get out of it?"
"You die. But hey, look on the bright side. Along the way, you get the company of a very attractive young woman who's willing to be anything and everything you might want. That's something, right?"
Hilarity ensues.
(continued)
"But I'm GAY!"
"You're a girl, she's a girl, that's good, right?"
"I mean, I like guys! As a guy! You think I spent an hour every morning moussing my hair like that for fun?"
"If it's any consolation, the Student Council president is amazingly bishonen..."
"... hn."
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Actually...
...that's the reason why I started writing Akai Kage; Naruto has the wild blue eyes and the blonde hair that any decent blooded descendant of Serenity should have to qualify for Emperor/Empress. Plus, pink hair makes Sakura a relative.
Re: So wrong, so VERY wrong....
Quote:
I have *no* idea where to even start going with this. But if there's one place on the internet that combines the necessary amounts of zany creative brilliance and utter twisted depravity, *this* is the place.
I feel strangely and uncertainly complimented, now...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
And now a word from our sponsors
Neon Genesis no Yuutsu
A fusion of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.
Cast:
Kyon as Shinji Ikari
Yuki Nagato as Rei Ayanami
Mikuru Asahina as Asuka Langley Sohryu
Future Mikuru as Misato Katsuragi
Ryouko Asakura as Ritsuko Akagi
Tsuruya-san as Maya Ibuki
Yuusuke Suzuki as Shigeru Aoba
Keiichi Tamaru as Kensuke Aida
The only thing I haven't figured out who Itsuki Koizumi should play as. He'd make a good Kouzou Fuyutsuki, but he'd make a better Kaworu Nagisa. If that's the case, Shamisen can play Fuyutsuki.
And last, but not least...Haruhi Suzumiya as Gendo Ikari!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: And now a word from our sponsors
[Image: rock_mandark.png]
Ahahahah! Ahahah! Ahahahahah! Ahahah! Two great tastes that go great together!
And now a word from our sponsors
Quote:
Kyon as Shinji Ikari
Ryouko Asakura as Ritsuko Akagi
And last, but not least...Haruhi Suzumiya as Gendo Ikari!
Does this mean there'd be a Kyon-Haruhi-Ryouko threesome somewhere in there?
... looking at the charas they're replacing, that is so wrong on so many levels.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Lee with glasses
piku piku (this is the sound of me blinking confusedly)
... I don't get it. No lightning bolt scar, so it's not Potter Lee, but I cna't think of any other characters known for their thick-frame black geek-glasses.
--
Re: Lee with glasses
The pic says rock-mandark as its file name. The only Mandark I know is from Dexter's Lab.
As to others with thick glasses:
Presto from Dungeons and Dragons
Haryy Grimoire from the US Darkstalkers cartoon(At least he has the actual canon claim of being Merlin's descendant, unlike Harry Potter)
Back to the thread topic.
Crisis on Infinte Earths meets Go Nagai's CB World.
Daphane Blake from Scooby Doo gets an Iczelion power suit
and for real nightmares John Byrne writing Cutey Honey--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor