Re: Whole bunch of updates...
For the Love of my Friends by Foxie-sama is updated
Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards
Thanks, Vincent.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Dream of the Earthbound by Aondehafka.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Quote:
Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards
Oh for fnord's sake. Haven't I read this one before? Like 5 times?!
Honestly, if you're going to read these 'Harry goes to Azkaban and comes back and won't forgive anyone' pieces of tripe, at least read these ones:
Fangalla Marie's and Eppy the House Elf's Parodies
(Note: There's some slash stories there.)--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Journeyman Potter...
...has been updated
draco664.fanficauthors.ne...ife_of.php
Not much plot in this one, but it's a story I'm happy to
see up and running.
-z
Sorry, Chris -- it was the first (and almost the only) example of the subgenre I ever encountered. And sometimes I'm really, really in the mood for flat-out, full-throttle vindictiveness with the power to make it stick.

-- Bob
---------
Sorry for the rant, but it touched on a rant that I've exposed Amy to a few dozen times - I hate seeing the exact same story written again and again.
Edit: Says the man who reads a lot of Jeconais works.--
HAving just gotten through it myself, I'd have to say the most original angle of that particular example of the Harry-Wrongfully-Imprisoned subgenre is that he ISN'T jumping into a relationship with the One Girl Who Believed In Him. It hits the rest of the Angry Uber Harry cliches right on the nose.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Shocker 29
Inevitable has a new chapter with much angst...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Do not meddle in the Affairs of wizards
Well I dunno, if it is just me but the latest chapter left me feeling... like it was quite forced. like the anger had died out and it was Harry simply going through the motions of being angry :O
A small peeve I had with this story is that the author has this nasty habit of making harry say something vindictive and then following up with a paragraph or two which re-explains why harry is feeling that way...
for instance...
"... and Mcgonnagal could not refute what harry said because she DID stand by and watch as her gryffindor...yadda yadda*
anybody else think the same way?_______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
My real problem with Inevitable is that the author's a better writer than LKH.
Seriously, if she can't keep her own life issues out of Anita's, she shouldn't be writing.--
Re: Inevitable
Hrm... I don't know if it's just cause I'm not familiar with that universe (although I know enough for the basic gist), but I stopped reading about... halfway through. I just don't feel connected/sympathetic about any of the characters or the plot for that matter.
The Anita Blake novels are very weird. They start out as a fairly interesting detective story in a dark magic/vampires/lycanthropes world....
...and eventually develop into smut featuring a blatant Mary-Sue heroine.

The worst problem in the series is how, if you follow the news surrounding the author, you can track the character development. Of specific interest is how the werewolf Richard develops when compatred to her husband (now ex-) at the time.--
not following the news of the author, i wouldn't know about that... but it is quite apparent that laurel has issues.
i agree with your summation, tho... sex in a vampire story is not out of place, but the way it's written, especially in he later books, has turned them into sleezy sex books in a vampire/detective story cover.
at this point, i look at them as an interesting setting for fanfic, and i'll read the books for amusement value if i have nothing better to do, but the way laurel writes anita, i just can't empathize with her... but the fanfic (this one, anyway) is quite good... [Image: smile.gif] -Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
Update
Sorry to go off-topic (<grin>), but ''A Thin Veneer'' has a new chapter.

As does Make A Wish.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Update
www.fanfiction.net/u/874764/
The Harpy Queen Skrrch
I just wanted to let folks know that I discovered Ruskbyte now has a page at Fanficauthors.net, and furthermore, has posted what appears to me to be a brand-new chapter of Backwards Compatible there. (Not to mention the rest of his works...)

-- Bob
---------
Make a Wish has been updated.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Quote:
has posted what appears to me to be a brand-new chapter of Backwards Compatible there.
Nope, false alarm. That was the last chapter posted on FFnet.
Dang, I got all excited too.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Then I must have missed that last chapter on FF.net, because it was completely unfamiliar to me.
However... I can confirm this: A new chapter of Journeyman Potter.

-- Bob
---------
Browncoat, Green Eyes updates with chapter 7.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2640672/5/
The Terran Jedi
Check Innortal, he's been busy.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.