Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bunny or two.

Here's an OMG bunny that hopped across my mind, and evaded my attempts to turn it into roadkill:

Another goddess shows up at the temple. This one is in great emotional distress, and looking for advice/aid from Belldandy. She just went on her first
wish-granting mission, and it was a disaster. For whatever reason (maybe she panicked and clobbered the guy like Skuld did to Paradox, maybe she
startled him into accidentally damaging something he valued, or maybe she just caught him at a really bad time), her subject's response to the proffer of a
wish was a snarled, "Fine. I wish you'd go back where you came from and let me try to forget you were ever here."

Now, either Heaven refuses to grant a wish for nothing more than status quo, or the wish does go through but the goddess is left feeling like
a failure anyway. So she's come to cry on Belldandy's shoulder discuss the situation with Belldandy. I haven't any idea how this
should be resolved, but I think we can count on Urd and Skuld to respond ... intemperately. And Keiichi and Bell will be stuck trying to clean up
after them.

Edit: spotted and corrected spelling error (yes, it took me three months to notice it).
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote: "Fine. I wish you'd go back where you came from and let me try to forget you were ever here."
That wish is kind of doomed to go completely wonky... He demanded to 'try to forget'... He wished for the equivalent of 5 seconds of peace
and quite... maybe a few days respite... but the ultimate force basically got to complete the wish in short order the poor guy wished himself into a corner by
making the second part entirely contingent on himself... and this guy is probably charged with divine magic remnants as an after effect of the wish. He doomed
himself to have half the supernatural constantly running through his house/life.

I'd say the disaster was something that really wasn't her fault... but he had no other outlet for freaking out on. For example, the guy has been
working on an insanely complex model of some spaceship or mecha or something... this one is a masterpiece, epicly awesome, something destined for a museam
piece for the ages... its that increditable. You can see the perfect models of crew members in random positisions around the ship... all of 2/5s of an inch
tall... the kind of people who show up for all of 3 seconds in one episode in the back ground of a pan by to the main characters. Each basically in better
quality that the show was in. random litter in the ship in lovingly crafted with things like accurate text painted on literally throw away papers... painted
with the kind of techniec normally reserved for writing out the Bible on a single grain of rice. This is in a clean room to prevent the windows from getting
dusty.

Now picture this guy working on it... and the goddess gates in... and through no fault of her own lands smack dab in the middle of model... and gravity kicks
in. CRUNCH... lets say that their is no recovery from the situation and her manages not to move... giving her a chance to explain things... one wish later...
which has the indoor huricane effect... on someone standing knee deep inside the model. They forgot to mention that part to her... I'd go with a Bug with
good/bad timing as the cause. One freaked out goddess bailing later and the guy goes back to his epic model... he is going to finish it with his own two hands
(which is why he doesn't just wish the damage undone)... even if the universe seems strangely against it. He doesn't really hate the newbie... the
system that sent her in on the other hand neeeeeds work. So while she is freaking and going to a temple he is salvaging what he can. He deserves a wish
simplely for not throttling the newbie... he is just that kind of guy.

Urd shows up while he is reviewing a few scenes to review what some random parts he needs to replace looked like accuratedly.... Urd pops out of the TV and
manages to knock stuff over... the guy responds by questioning calmly 1) Is she a Goddess?, 2) Did she intend to knock over stuff?, 3) did she just alter his
tapes?, 4) What the Yggdrasil (not by name) has against him? After all is keeps sending goddess to break his stuff by default.... which eventually brings up
Why? Why is the universal operating system braking his tuff so much, in such blatantly unignorable manners? This sends Urd on a quest to figure out Why? She
is the System Operator and this is literally the kind of thing its her job to prevent from happening... which means Urd spends much of her time
orchastraighting the things to fix the system and track down the Bug (its fast stealthly and strangely fixated on annoying the the hell out of this one human
by messing with his EPIC model).

Skuld attempted to gate into the house, to smite the mortal who dared cause emotional stress to a goddess, only there was no hot water in the immediate area.
So she targeted the nearest source... which ends up being the tea a creepy, old, rich, cat lady was serving to some of her cats... she ends up faced with a
choice of bludgeoning the random mortal (which is probably at least near Fall worthy as an action) or giving in to joining the cat laden tea party, at least
until she can get a clear shot at escaping. The cats are apparently old hat at these tea parties and it takes her a hour or so to escape... she chooses the
next closest source of hot water... which puts her into an equally creepy, rich, old, cat lady's teaparty. this process repeats (with each house
containing yet another creepy, old, rich, cat lady of at least the same level of creepiness... some are even worse) until she completes the loop of 8
properties surrounding the target's house... The next day she tries the next ring out... she gets roped into spending time with an old lady that is very
lonely... an spends hours learning about the ladies once large now dead family... with picture albums and slide shows... this is all a lot less creepy, but a
lot more time consuming. For added fun, the almighty decides that as long as Skuld is not debugging and on Earth anyway she might as well officially take this
as her job. Its mostly to make her learn to deal with mortals as people... though she just doesn't catch on contiously. (This is a good chance to write
up How this person ended up stories for random characters... as long as you ban the Ranma 1/2 cast... then it will just be a badly, written bashfest)

So this guy is now a charged with divine magic remnants... and so is his house. This attracts the wrong kind of attention... which show up to investigate.
They quickly discover this guy is obsessed with this Epic model. That Heaven apparently attacked it and this guy isn't really worth trying to convert, he
is already prime to go darkside... and that model is something they all plan on stealing when he finishes anyway. It is an EPIC model. The demon tells his
allies about it... so they go to investigate things. Which attracts the other side. Which causes exactly the same kind of response in them... only its
diligence, not obsession and they are going to come view it instead of stealing it.

So now its a supernatural hot spot... sometimes the side fight... occasionally they keep breaking the seal on the clean room or damaged the model with blunt
impact trauma.... which he yells at them for and goes back to repairing/continuing it. starting a fight inside will get you sealed/smacked around/demoted...
so they trash the yard instead... he lets them fix stuff... except the model.

So all this activity has left dwelling with all sorts of random kibble of divine and infernal origin laying around... which he quietly claims as salvage and
spare parts. Magic stuffs are stronger than he can find materials for reasonably priced... or unreasonably really. So he starts accidentally enchanting the
thing. Which makes it even more EPIC... and there is so much random magic floating around by this point that no one really notices.

A week or two later Keichi and Belldandy drive up to the guy's house (they end up in a race in the area or a mechanics convention or something) and from
here you can have the guy do a run down on things, from his side. From here you can write the fallout of the Bugged destructive wish.. which may or may not
allow the distraught goddess to try and make things up to him...
A Harry Potter bunny...
Free to a good home, because I have too freakin' much on my plate already as it is.

Okay, how many different Potter fics have you read where Harry sends his mind/magic/soul/memories/credit rating back in time where it merges with his younger
self, in an attempt to avert a defeat or a pyrrhic victory?

Okay, same idea, only...

It's Luna Lovegood.

Her ... peculiarities... are a result of a bad integration of future and present selves...

And she's nudging things in order to create the canon timeline.

And the story's told her from her POV.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:That wish is kind of doomed to go completely wonky...
This looks like a pretty good story outline, Necratoid; you may as well write the actual story now.
Quote:(This is a good chance to write up How this person ended up stories for random characters... as long as you ban the Ranma 1/2 cast... then it will just be a badly, written bashfest)
A few seeds to start you off:

"I didn't always live alone with my cats, dearie. Back when I was your age, or at least the age you appear to be... Yes, I can tell you're a goddess. I've had enough spiritual power to do that for decades. Don't interrupt. Back when I was the age you appear to be, I was one of the darlings of the Tokyo stage, along with my friends Sakura and Sumire and..."

"Yeah, it was about a decade ago that my husband discovered he has twelve sisters. Twelve! That robot you noticed on the way in was built by, and in the image of, one of them. The funniest part of that time in our lives was that I pretended to be his thirteenth sister for almost a year... Well, I thought it made sense at the time."

"I used to work part-time for a company called 'Phantom Quest Corporation' when I was in high school. Ever heard of them?"

"Oh, that's a photo of my best friend. Yomi and I went to the same grade school, the same junior high, the same high school... No, she didn't become a policewoman."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Okay, how many different Potter fics have you read where Harry sends his mind/magic/soul/memories/credit rating back in time where it merges with his younger self, in an attempt to avert a defeat or a pyrrhic victory?

Okay, same idea, only...

It's Luna Lovegood.
Waitaminute... Older-Harry's merged with younger-Luna?

(Yes, I know that isn't what you meant. It's funny, so I don't care...)
Quote:And the story's told her from her POV.
Which one?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote: robkelk wrote:

Quote: Okay, how many different Potter fics have you read where Harry sends his mind/magic/soul/memories/credit rating back in time where it merges with his
younger self, in an attempt to avert a defeat or a pyrrhic victory?

Okay, same idea, only...

It's Luna Lovegood.
Waitaminute... Older-Harry's merged with younger-Luna?

(Yes, I know that isn't what you meant. It's funny, so I don't care...)

Quote: And the story's told her from her POV.
Which one?

No, If I'm parsing this correctly, Older Harry sends back older Luna who merges with younger Luna.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote:No, If I'm parsing this correctly, Older Harry sends back older Luna who merges with younger Luna.
That's how I parsed it, too. But Harry and Luna in the same head is funnier...
--
Rob Kelk

Am I the only one who read "EPIC model", and thought 'new Enterprise'?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

I've had a related idea before, of an original story where along the way, one of the characters turns out to be from the "real" world, and is
acting like the protagonist of a self-insert fic minus the plot bias, in an attempt to steer things onto his preferred plot track. He, of course, knows the
rest of the characters from a story, thereby making the story we see essentially a fanfic of a "canon" story that doesn't actually exist.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Quote:No, If I'm parsing this correctly, Older Harry sends back older Luna who merges with younger Luna.
Who sends her is undefined as yet, but yeah, Luna-to-Luna.

Tho' I must admit, Harry missing his target and ending up in the wrong head sounds like comedy gold.
-- Bob
---------

*snerf* I accidentally misread that as "yeah, Luna-on-Luna."

(The word 'accidentally' was necessary. Routinely mishearing/seeing/reading things on purpose makes life so much more entertaining.)

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote: This looks like a pretty good story outline, Necratoid; you may as well write the actual story now.
There in lies my major malfunction.... I can't. Ideas like this take seconds to form in my head... If you check back into random threads I do
these kind of elaborate plots from a line or two all the time... only when I get down to fleshing them out it rarely gets farther than a line of dialog or
three and my brain just empties the data catch. Its literally like being a Muse. All the idea's in the world. plots and coherent connections I can make.
Character concepts I can do... a few time I've proofread and commentated on other people's work... Try to write to something in more than plot/outline
and I just can't. Its the most frustrating thing. It's like my personal character design has this giant wad of skills that would make me a great,
notable fanfiction writer... and I got the extra points by taking character deficiencies that make them void... and more points for it by taking more defects
that make sure I know it and it mocks me. So yeah... Muse Syndrome.

I'd think you'd need to do a bit more than just send in future Luna... they'd probably mesh to well to cause some of her oddities. Now if you
stold a page from carrotglace and made it involve a bit of a screw of someone else's... Well start off on the train to Hogwarts with Luna hearing the sound
of several astral coconuts being bashed together. Then dump her future self and a few random others from completely different time lines together... which
makes the first screw up change as Luna being confused... and all the study junkies (Time travel takes huge amounts of research you know) in her head get her
sent into Ravenclaw... not the Gryphendor her future self was expecting.... Ravenclaw. Which screws this trip up from the get go. Those weird creatures are
from one of the other traveler's home worlds... for added fun have one of the muggleborns, in her fifth yea,r buy the game during summer (it took 2 years
from insight to publishing) so part of the reason she is later shunned is she was talking about game creature 3 years before they existed... which weirds that
section of them out. That and her tendency to stare off happily (mostly when they confuse or traumatise each other quiet) and generally act like herself.

Quote: So he starts accidentally enchanting the thing. Which makes it even more EPIC... and there is so much random magic floating around by this point that no one
really notices.
Imagine if the "epic" -- excuse me, "EPIC" -- quality gave it a level of capabilities something like the Glooper from Terry
Pratchett's Making Money (a "model" of the city's economic function so perfect that "As above, so below" works
in reverse, too):

Quote: "Now, are you really saying that I can now change the economic life of the city by adjusting the Glooper? It's like a witch's wax doll
and I've got all the pins?"
-----

First said ship has to actually exist... considering my first though was to make said EPIC model one from some fan beloved, but cancelled for stupid reasons
(Reguardless of fanbase the raw cost per episode was more than any three episodes of those show that got cancelled do to extreme lack of viewership, a producer
would rather have old episodes of some meh western in that time slot, that kind of thing.). So there is tons of fanmade extras and such... So if it exists
like that it is elsewhere. Then again I can't think of anything in OMG/AMG that actually covers their Yggdsrasil effecting anything farther than the moon.
So it could pop into existance outside the Terran gravity well... or be in one of those alternate dimensions they have actually shown exist in AMG/OMG cannon.

Hm.

Crazy RP idea.

Step 1: Pick a Buffy character for each player.

Step 2: Pick a Halloween costume.

Step 3: YAHF ensues.

Step 4: ...

Step 5: Profit!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Okay... I haven't been able to find this out... but wha exactly does YAHF mean? I'm guessing Y-something A-something Halloween Fic... but I just
don't see it explained. Though writing it out it might be 'Yet Another'.

Anyway, wouldn't it be more intresting to make a Fic/character generator that had Step to as the child of 'male character from series X' and
'female character from series Y' as the options... with some characters in that both are applicable for? Not just Ranma, but ones like the pyromaniac
nutjob from Escaflowne.

Yeah. "YAHF" is "Yet Another Halloween Fic", because one of the bog-standard Buffy fic genre is to have people pic different costumes for the 2nd-season Halloween ep. There's been a few really good ones (I admit to being inspired by Vathara's Ethan Rayne's Very Bad Day) and some awful ones.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Five episodes of Princess Tutu and I'm already wondering how to tie modern fan fiction into the meta-fairy-tale aspect. Fandom has ruined my brain.

A real-world-character-insertion could be done similarly to how Ente wound up as Princess Tutu in the first place. I'm not nearly skilled enough to do the
idea justice, though.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Quote:Five episodes of Princess Tutu and I'm already wondering how to tie modern fan fiction into the meta-fairy-tale aspect.
Wait until you get to the good part of the show. (Not that the first half-dozen episodes aren't good, but it gets even better when it changes from Disneyfied-fairy-tale to old-style-faerie-tale...)

Having seen the entire series, I have no ideas on crossovers with Princess Tutu.
--
Rob Kelk

I'm thinking The Neverending Story.

Pronounced "shy guy."

The Red Shoes.
-- Bob
---------

Utena. Full stop.

--Sam

"For the Revolution of the Restaurant!"

Yet another
plot-bunny … or perhaps I should call this one a plot-Bun-bun.

Two late-teenage
girls have recently transferred into a high school in a foreign country, due to their father's business bringing him to this country. I envisioned them as
Japanese girls in the U.S., but anyone wanting to change that should feel free. The school is very elite and exclusive - the girls' dad is
rich, and so are the parents of all the other students. That last part is about to change.

A few days after
in-processing, the girls make the mistake of trying to walk home from the school. It's a fairly reasonable mistake, if you don't know the city in
question; their new home is less than a kilometer away, and they're both healthy and active. Alas, due to weird zoning, that kilometer includes one of the
most crime-ridden sections of town - OK if you're driving through it, but to walk....

A capsule
description of the girls is in order. They're twins, but not identical. One has something of a Yamato Nadeshiko nature with a face and figure reminiscent
of Asahina Mikuru; the other is more athletic and even boisterous - like Kagura from Azumanga Daioh but without the academic difficulties. In short,
they're both very attractive, but in very different ways. The most definite characteristic of both
their personalities, however, is identical, and that's, "I will defend my sister." Try to harm the Kagura-type and see
the cuddly Mikuru-chan look-alike go berserker and claw your eyes out. At least you won't be as surprised when the Kagura-clone breaks your arms for not
taking her sister's "No" for an answer. But that's not going to be enough in the mean streets they've stumbled into
today.

Our girls are
surrounded, soon to be overpowered and gang-raped, when the third point of the triangle makes his appearance. He's a local, well able to hold his own in
this rough neighborhood, street-smart yet still with some sense of chivalry (but only as far as helpless girls are concerned). He lays into the gang from
behind without warning, doing enough damage that those who can still move after his first rush panic and run instead of swarming him.

The girls are
overcome by admiration. Their rescuer isn't well dressed, but he's clean (except for some scuffs and smudges from the fight), reasonably nice-looking …
and their age. Also, he picked up a stick or length of pipe to use as a weapon, and purely by chance, some of his moves resembled kenjutsu, at least to their
inexpert eyes. They see him as similar to the gruff, scruffy ronin hero of Yojimbo and Sanjuro (what was their dad thinking, to let teenagers
watch those films?). And did I mention he's reasonably nice-looking, and their age?

Their father, equally impressed with his heroism, and recognizing signs of a
good intelligence hampered by lack of proper education, arranges as a gesture of thanks for the young fellow to be granted admission to the exclusive school.
We all know what road is paved with good intentions….

Our hero
absolutely does NOT fit in at this school, and the twins are the only ones there who show any sign of willingness to make him
welcome. Yes, the textbooks etc. are better, but the teachers and other students treat him with only slightly more civility than, let's say, a black kid in
a 1940s all-white school would've received - although in this case his racial-ethnic identity, whatever it is, isn't the main factor. It's a
question of economic status and upbringing. He's a fierce proud wolf in a school of pampered lapdogs, and even a wolf can be pulled down if enough dogs
attack him. The teachers all look the other way, except when he hits back.

Meanwhile, consider the
twins. They're both infatuated with him, and that comes into conflict with their mutual wanting what's best for each other.
The Tenchi solution may come to mind, especially since it'd let them stay together - but after all, the Tenchi solution is
illegal most places on 21st-century Earth. Add to that the fact that our young hero, while fully aware of how attractive
the girls are, is having too much trouble with the school to seriously think of romance with anyone. However, they're thinking of
it enough for all three of them.

The Kagura-type
would make the best partner for him, but the Mikuru-clone would need him more. What to do, what to do….
-----

Here's one. In the Miles Vorkosigan universe, there was a galactic "dark age" when the different planetary polities lost contact with each
other. It was only in Pyotor Vorkorsigan's (Miles grandfather) time that contact was re-established. In some cases, violently.

Now the Cetagandan Empire (read Star Creche) had been trying for God knows how many generations to establish the post human species. Just suppose through a
navigational accident, one of their creche ships was lost say about 500 years ago and ended up on the wrong side of the galaxy. The funny thing was that the
post human species was born at this time thru good old Darwanian selection rather than the haut lady geneticists because of this accident. Now these decendants
have decided have to come back.

To the Barryan and Cetagandan Empires..meet the Empire of the Abh.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Okay, I'm not familiar with Vokosigan much, but anything where you meet the Abh is must-see! (^_^)