Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sick SICK plotbunny...
A sick SICK plotbunny...
Okay. Was reading Eva fanfic earlier today (which as we all know, CAN'T be good for the soul...) when a description from the self-insert author about what the Eva's REALLY are... and what Rei really is. Stuff I'd known about already but hadn't thought of in awhile, and the ideas... 

...bounced off a little memory fragment from another, possibly equally sick american show...

And I'm finding myself going... "No... nonononononono no... NO! AGH! BAD BRAIN! STOP that!"

And... I think I'll just leave this here for someone else to pick up. Share the pain, as it were... 

Dr. Fuyutsuki: [after examining the test type EVA-00 for the first time What the hell is this thing made out of, Gendo? 
Gendo Ikari: [suspiciously Erm.. Nothing. Just applied macro genetics based in part on what we found in Antartica. 
Fuyutsuki: Come on... 
Gendo: All right, fine, I might have used a few unorthodox parts. 
Fuyutsuki: Just tell me one. 
Gendo: [mumbling An... orphan. 
Fuyutsuki: A what
Gendo: [clearing his throat An orphan? 
Fuyutsuki: Did you say... an ORPHAN? 
Gendo: [weakly Yeah, a little orphan boy. 
Fuyutsuki: It's powered by a forsaken child!? 
Gendo: [defensive Might be, kind of - I mean I didn't use the whole thing! 

EVANGELION: "CAREERS IN SCIENCE"

........... You piped Dr. Venture through Gendo Ikari? Dude, you are awesome. (^_^)

And I swear I've seen this posted at Spacebattles.....

Well I mean think about it!

Gendo Ikari - has a son who he doesn't like.
Dr. Venture - has two sons he doesn't like. 

Gendo Ikari - Has assigned a guardian for his son that winds up caring for him more than he ever did.
Dr. Venture - Ditto

Gendo Ikari - Is not above using his own son callously for his own (ENORMOUSLY) selfish ends
Dr. Venture - Used his own kids as organ donors (kidneys)

Gendo Ikari - Has made Rei effectively immortal by having back-up clones of her made in a process that emotionally and socially stunts her. 
Dr. Venture - Has two "death prone" sons that he's made effectively immortal by having endless "Clone Slugs" made of them. 

Others - 

Dean Venture and Shinji Ikari could pass the time comparing "my father is an asshole" stories. (As well as both of them being sexually confused.)

Misato Katsuragi is a badass. 
Brock Sampson is the DEFINITION of bad ass. (But Misato commands an entire military force, so that might even it up some.)

Gendo Ikari is rivals with - and is viewed in contempt by - every scientist he knows. 
Dr. Venture - Ditto

I mean - I haven't checked - but SURELY someone has applied Venture Bros universe logic to Evangelion before now? ^_^

This sounds like the basis for a crossover fic. Wink