Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Guilty Pleasures?
Okay, so, let's see. Everything is wrong with this fic. A main character is acting seriously Out Of Character, another is being slightly exaggerated from the source material, the proofreading is nonexistant, and the writing in general is more than a mite poor. Chapter length is about one page each.
But it's SO GODDAMN CRAZY you can't stop.
The Gift
Just sit back, relax, and keep a vivid image in mind of Grand Moff Tarkin with bright neon pink hair.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Guilty Pleasures?
That... was silly.
Anyway, I had been looking for this fic for a while. Its a short Batman story and... well, I don't really want to spoil anything, so go forth and read.
Sorry, I'm returning The Gift. I bailed on the story at the fourth chapter because it was just awful.
However, the Batman story is an absolute gem, and is going into my "read to Peggy" archive.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
because it was just awful.
That's why I labelled it "guilty pleasures". It's like a train wreck full of mimes.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Yeah I know, but ... it was too awful even to be a guilty pleasure. For me at least. Gah.
-- Bob
---------
Re:Yet another new rec
When a Lioness Fights, by kayly silverstorm
Hermione Granger, master spy, and Severus Snape, spymaster to the Order. An unlikely partnership, forged to defeat the Dark Lord on his own ground. But to do so, they must confront their own darkness within. AU after fifth
Pretty decent fic, and pretty well written, especially considering the author's first language is not English.
Re: Re:Yet another new rec
You know all those "high school fics"? Well, this isn't one of them.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
This is a rather silly Naruto spamfic.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
Reflections of Ruin by P. H. Wise
Quote:
A little over sixteen years ago, Hotaru Tomoe died a stillborn child. What does this have to do with Ranma? Quite a lot, as it turns out. A Sailor Moon, Ranma, Cthulhu Mythos crossover fukufic.
Not as sweet as the Card Captor Sakura / Cthulhu Mythos crossover I so greatly desire, but it certainly tides me over.
...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
Quote:
*Gasps*
*Starts snickering*
Damnit, I knew the street meaning of the word, but never made the connection until your second link, now that fic makes so much more sense, poor Sasuke.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
forum.spacebattles.com/sh...p?t=113270
A beautifully ironic alternate ending to the classic Transformers movie and the chance to get inside the head of one of the original Decepticons.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
(via Rec-readational)
Childish Things by Betula, a nice short Naruto fic from an unusual point of view.
Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack
Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
(does snoopy dance) Yahoo! Yahoo! Go thundy, go thundy!
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I was looking into the challenge that spawned the excelent fic This Little Light, which has been recomended once or twice already and found this little gem.
clockslayers.anbaric.com/gmt%2B11.htm
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
a gunslinger girl fi, beause way to few of them have been recomended. a oneshot.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3137485/1/
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
Another Gunslinger Girl fic, a crossover with Noir. It's not great, and at some points I disagreee with the author, but overall it's still pretty good.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2629801/1/
New Gaijin
Gaijin has released chapter one of a new Ranma/HP fic titled Wyrm. He has also stated that he is returning to writing on a regular basis.

Woo.

Jervic
Re: New Gaijin
This is, by the way, Togashi Gaijin of Relatively Absent fame, not Redneck Gaijin of EPU.
I'd also like to point out that as far as I know (the last time I checked was the middle of last week) there is only one chapter of Wyrm available, and that's been lurking all by itself on his website since around Thanksgiving. If he's returning to writing, he is not doing so with great speed.
-- Bob
---------
Drunkards Walk sorry Bob
Bob
I just finished glancing through the latest chapter of "Drunkards Walk" posted to the FFML and was about to update my webpage of Fanfic links for this thread when I realized the webpage I had set up list hundreds of fanfics and yet it does not list "Drunkards Walk".(The name is mentioned once.)

Bob do you want to write up a decription for "Drunkards Walk" as a new fanfic "just found"?
It's not really necessary for the Threads on this discussion board, but my webpage doesn't just get hits from members of this discussion board.
howard melton
God bless
Re: Drunkards Walk sorry Bob
Hmmm.

How about this?
Quote:
The adventures of Douglas "Looney Toons" Sangnoir, a metahuman operative (read, "super hero") from an Earth quite unlike our own. Thrown out of his universe and into a succession of others, Doug is trying to get home to his duty and to the woman he loves.

A story set in Bubblegum Crisis is complete; one set in a variant Ah! My Goddess world is in progress; 11 others are planned. Includes supporting material, fan-written side stories, art gallery, and a discussion fourm.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Drunkards Walk sorry Bob
Thats fine.
But you forgot the URL's.
I'll look up the URL to your Drunkards walk webpage on your site when I do my next update and put it with the two descriptions.
howard melton
God bless
Re: Re: Drunkards Walk sorry Bob
Well, this is different.
It's Rorschach's Blot's attempt at an Eva fic.
Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.
Oh, and laugh your head off, too.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
Re: Re: Drunkards Walk sorry Bob
Quote:
I'll look up the URL to your Drunkards walk webpage on your site when I do my next update and put it with the two descriptions.
Sorry, the main DW page is at www.accessdenied-rms.net/dwmain.html .

-- Bob
---------
Katamari Damacy
Hello!
Today we'll be rolling around Fanfiction.net.
The katamari should be, let's see... a firm 1008 words.
It's very funny, and a little disturbing.

(Seriously: I find it positively mindblowing that there's Katamari Damacy fanfic, let alone something like the above which is actually worth reading [for the short time it takes].) Two great tastes that go great together!