Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
This fanfic could be titled "Everything Naruto Ever Wanted To Know About Sex, But Was Too Dumb To Ask"
It's very funny for the first few chapters, but then basically goes downhill around chapter 4. Still worth it for the first chapter alone...
--------------------
Epsilon
After Life is the story of a Christian church in Soul Society. As you might guess... it's a 'bit' strange.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Beacon of Hope on the Hellmouth
Ever wonder how one of your City of Heros characters would do if they ended up in Sunnydale?
Arthur Hansen is writing a "City of Heros" crossover with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...lmouth.htm
howard melton
God bless
Re: Beacon of Hope on the Hellmouth
Bleh... the COH hero is just waaaay to powerful for Sunnydale [Image: frown.gif]
and the naive and clueless schtick could definitely have been handled better :S_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was
supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja airstrikes
at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
Stranger than Fiction: by DsirinWsdm is a truly excellent Naruto story told largely through excerpts from the book Naruto writes.
Stranger... leaves me torn. On the one hand, it's well done, technically speaking, and has some genuinely effective passages. On the other, the author's phrasing is often kludgy, and the smell of Naru-sue is enough to kill a buzzard.
I disagree with several of his character judgements, also, but that's to be expected in any story.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Re: Beacon of Hope on the Hellmouth
It was a fun read, but WengFook's right. It's another "SI comes in and takes over" story, just with a goofy variation.
And 'tho I do like the Nictus/Kheldian split personality thing, it gives the character way too many options. What level is she supposed to be? It seems like she's got powers up the wazoo.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Azuvengers...
Assemble!
Just starting, but it looks quite fun.
Re: Azuvengers...
I found Stranger to be pretty potent, emotionally speaking, and the technical experiment was executed well, but I wish the author hadn't gone AU with it. It would have been a better story if it was digging out the depths of the story we knew, rather than one the characters had seen that we had not. (Would have also prevented many of the NaruSue aspects, which was likely part of the reason the author did not go for it.)
Girl's School
Another Ranma goes Girl fanfic. It's not the best or the worst of this type of fanfic, but in spite of nearly dropping it I did read all nine chapters. It's a little slow to get started, but that is probably a requirement to set the stage for this type of fanfic.
------------------
www.fanfiction.net/s/2947801/1/
------------------
howard melton
God bless
Re: Fukuficked the Wrong Way
Mis-directed posts and a power outage... The world doesn't want you to read this. Go! Go read this and the author's other works before its too late!
Re: Fukuficked the Wrong Way
Maximum Faith by Kiwikatipo
Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Dark Angel crossover
"Summary: Dark long hair, a fondness for wearing black tank tops and leather jackets. An attitude problem. Emotionally crippled. Is that Max or Faith? Waking up in each others bodies, they discover the difference between themselves."
Divergent enough from the original series' to be plausible and interesting, yet tracks a close enough parallel to be familiar. And the mystic crap which jumped the shark in DA becomes much more palatable once mixed in with the (impending) Buffy mythos. Bonus points for near-daily 3000-ish word updates.
Re: Girl's School
Quote:
Another Ranma goes Girl fanfic.
Oh yeah, I remember this author from his years on the FFML. Not the best, but always good. I'm bookmarking this story so I can keep an eye on it.
-- Bob
---------
Girls School
/QOUTE/
Oh yeah, I remember this author from his years on the FFML.
/END QUOTE/
Yea I remember the "Soul of a Samuria", which I consider to be one of the darkest Ranma fanfic I've ever read.
If I was to ever end up in a Ranma Universe I'd never be sure about what I was seeing, thanks to that one fanfic.
Howard Melton
God Bless
Re: Girls School
Vathara wrote something
www.fanfiction.net/s/3386890/1/
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
More like Vathara re-released something. Due to the Pit Of Voles policies, she had to remove the song lyrics that were originally indispersed a verse every couple of paragraphs.
Ishtar has a new one-shot up in the usual place. Well worth the read, if just a little cracky.
ishtar.fanficauthors.net/...ved_Me.php
You beat me to it, Sirrocco. That's a nicely twisted little fic, especially the punchline in the next-to-last line.
-- Bob
---------
Crimson Edge
I'm not sure if this story has been recced before but here is an interesting Naruto/Bleach crossover story. Which is a miracle in itself since I can't stand most stories of that crossover pairing Tongue
www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=47383
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
I like it. [Image: happy.gif]
Thanks for the rec, WF!--
[Image: honorzk7.jpg]
Thanks to Basaken for the help.
Some HP fics
Celebony has a few pretty good short HP fics:
Family Night As Hogwarts starts a quarterly Family Night, Harry is determined take part.
The Unseen Champion After the second task of the TriWizard Tournament, Harry feels as though no one would choose him as the one they'd miss the most, including his best friend.
Claustrophobia Harry's childhood comes back to haunt him. A HarryWeasleys bonding fic.
Re: Some Batman fics
Good Deeds Tim Drake speaks up and gets promoted.
Family Affairs Another Tim one. I'll just lift the author's description: 'Tim has reclaimed Robin. When an old enemy discovers their identities, the Teen Titans attempt to protect those they hold dear. But can Tim lead his friends against a demon while clashing with his estranged father?' A good adventure story, well worth a read. I'd also look at his Question Serenity.
Edit: I think I'll put this one out, too. The Jerk is a Batman Beyond story. Ah, lets see- Terry disappears and his brother finds the suit. Things escalate from there. A few nice twists, but the story is a bit rough. Complete.
JBern's The Lie I've Lived is only in its second chapter and is not complete, but possesses some serious potential.
-- Bob
---------
I can't believe someone hasn't recomended this before.
Tales from the Barman is a round robin type story over at TtH. The good news is that it's active. VERY active. It's only been up just over a week and it's racked up (as of this post) 120 chapters.
And in my opinion more power to it.
Another Naruto Rec
Kakashi-chan by mymonkeypjs
What if Kakashi was female? The title is bad and that sort of premise usually seems to get horribly botched, but this is actually fairly well-done. It takes a few chapters to hit its stride, but it does a good job of making Kakashi recognizably Kakashi while still being different, and the Kakashi/Gai interaction is a lot of fun.
Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack