Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROTFL, Part II
Re: Ethan Rayne's Very Bad Day
Speaking of Cordelia's troubles, how much do you figure her innate fashion skills be influenced by shidou's innate pimpness?
Not that much, if she's still giving good fashion advice to Willow.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
If only I had a spleen...
And now for another classic:
"Well," Ranma beamed, "not bad at all."
"What the heck did you get us into that for?" Akane all but shrieked,
"What were you think... What are you _DOING_?"
"Mmm? Looting the bodies, Akane-chan, what does it look like?"
"You _killed_ them!!??!"
"No, no, no. If I'd _killed_ them, I'd have said I was looting the
_corpses_."

And if you don't know where that's from, what are you still doing here?*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
Re: If only I had a spleen...
Seconded. Go and read it, incomplete as it is, for it is a True and Utter Work of Art and a Classic.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Oh, my head...
Dumbledore isnt evilhes just VERY misguided! Yeah, thats it! Think of him as a keebler elf with an attitude.
From the Author's Notes of Sunset over Britain.
More from the fic proper:
Exiting the house and heading to the table out back, it was Remus who first spotted him. Remus nearly choked on his tea when he read the words, Voldemort 0, Potter 5 stretched across Harrys chest in fiery red letters.
Hermione rolled her eyes when she spotted the shirt. She admitted, to herself at least, that it wasnt as bad as the shirt that read, Harry Potter, Boy Hero, Reasonable Rates, Available for Weddings, Bar mitzvahs and Dark Lord Slaying.
Re: Oh, my head...
I'll have to check that one out.
(A few minutes later) This is supposed to be a serious, angsty fic? Do they really mean that?

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
I... have my doubts.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Mmm. It's not the greatest read, it completely messes with canon (more so and unrealistically than in other fanfics), and destroys several characters, but I'm forging ahead anyway.*********
Hmmmm.
Well, it's the J-Verse, but still. [Image: wink.gif]
As the car accelerated away, KITT spoke up. "Sunnydale. Sounds like a nice place, doesn't it, Michael?"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
To be fair, it's explicitly stated in most of their chapters that it's a non-canon fic. I'm quite enjoying it.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
True, true, but I have yet to see justification for said changes.
Ah well. All in good fun.
However, the author's do have one thing going for them: the disclaimers are outrageously funny. *********
I found his other work (name escapes me, unable to check) to be a bit more entertaining.
Super!Harry in a way Jeconais would find familiar, but a little less insane.
Edit: And exactly when did "Female!Blaise" become a tag for HP fics?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Self-Reliance
Im your only brother because - Sasuke paused. I guess your killing the clan didnt affect our ratio of brothers, because I am your only brother. Whether or not Im dear to you is another issue.
D for Drakensis

Self-Reliance (contd)
Well, Im fairly sure he left for real, said Chouji, unruffled. We should report the missing-nin sighting to Godaime-sama, and then we should just start training again. Youre not allowed to stress, remember?
Sasuke had to bite back a howl of My homicidal elder brother broke into my house and threatened the lives of my unborn children, and I am supposed to be calm and collected about it because Im not ALLOWED to stress? Goddamn this pregnancynobody told me thered be so many rules
Alright, Sasuke said finally, tetchily. But not yet. The jounin will undoubtedly want to scour the premises on the off chance that Itachi tripped any of the traps or left behind evidenceand I hope to God Kakashi asks to be assigned here again, because those four up on the roof right now are useless.
And probably dead, Chouji added, still pale.
That too, Sasuke said, and offered him a cup of tea. Mores the pity. Tea?
D for Drakensis

Re: Self-Reliance
Er... where would I look for that latest one, Drakensis? The only thing turned up by an FF.net search for "Self-Reliance" is a poem, categorized as "Bible" fanfic, which is blatantly not the same thing as what you quoted from. I have absolutely no aversion to other archives - in some ways I much prefer them - but it helps if I know which ones to look in.
Re: Self-Reliance
www.fanfiction.net/s/2427539/1/
sorry about that, the title isn't hyphenated, it seems.
WARNING - slash, mpreg, probably not work safe"How can I be this kick ass strong?! Powerful! Handsome! Charismatic! Gorgeous! Oh, Gods... Why do you burden me with such a heavy karma!"
- Dark Schneider, Bastard!!! #20
D for Drakensis

Oh, my liver...
II was inspired, Major, alright? We have to continually upgradeto be prepared for anything-
But why would you need lasers in the eyes? The EYES, Ritsuko Akagi! Why. Lasers?
Because lasers are sweet, Misato! Ritsuko finally yelled.
Correction, said a cool voice from on high, the voice of authority. They are
totally sweet.
Major Katsuragi looked for a moment as if she was wishing for a lathe of some kind, and then half-groaned, half sighed. Fine. Whatever. Were all in agreement on the Her eyelid danced like a swan. the sweetness of lasers-
Total sweetness, Gendo interjected.

From Shinji Just Snaps and Totally Wales on Everything*********
The Hitokiri Stainmaster
"Very astute, Stainmaster. I see you haven't lost all of your talents," said the Wolf of Shampoo, Saitou Hajime, former member of the Scrubbygumi.
"Saitou, what are -you- doing here?"
"Well, our town is being plagued by a laundry bandit. Delving into some extracurricular activities, are you, Stainmaster?" Saitou asked as he reached into his pocket and took out a cigarette.
"Kenshin would never do anything like that, you dirty cop!" Kaoru exclaimed, balling her hands into fists.
"Dirty, am I? I've seen the way you look at him, Kamiya. It would take all the soap in Osaka to scrub your mind clean," Saitou replied calmly, lighting his cigarette.
www.fanfiction.net/s/1471455/1/
D for Drakensis

Re: ROTFL, Part II
"Mommy, can I go war with you?"
Misa poured the last of the coffee into her own mug, and yawned. "I'm not going to war."
"But you're a army people. Army people war the bad army people. Aren't you gonna war them?"
"Not today. And when we do have a battle, you have to stay right here."
"How come?"
"In case the bad guys attack the house. I need a big tough soldier to protect all our stuff, okay?"
Miko clicked her heels together and snapped off an awkward little salute. "Aye aye mommy!"

From Legend of the MegaRoad.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
... has been updated -- two new chapters since it was last discussed here.
So you don't have to go crawling up the thread to find the link, here it is.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
From _The Return_
Ranma watched the five girls sit down across from her. "You made me shoo away two people that I can actually stand. Make this good," Ranma said coldly.
Usagi cleared her throat. "Um, we have a mutual acquaintance. A Meiou Setsuna."
"Ah, the Time Bitch. So, you're the cheerleaders. Now I've got shadow organizations and magical girls after me. What next? The Free Masons? Elvis? Maybe the Canadian Dental Association?"

From an Evangelion/A!MG crossover:
Oh, great, Shinji thought, I've become a goddess- smuggler.
Hmm... That would be a fascinating career choice.*********
Re: From _The Return_
Could you give a name and location?
Welcome to the forums, Cloakgrey. There's a link for "The Return" somewhere higher up in the thread, page 1 I think.

-- Bob
---------
Thanks. I meant the Evangelion/A!MG crossover, I have The Return already.
Sorry. You can find it on Daniel Snyder's page.
He has a lot of interesting fics, including a funky Revolutionary Girl Utena/Evangelion crossover that I've heard is excellent. (I haven't read it
yet.)

The AMG/Eva crossover is at the bottom of the page, titled Wish Fulfillment. It begins quite
seriously, but beginning with the second chapter descends into complete silliness.

If you're looking for something amusing to read, also check out his stories Merry Christmas, Misato-san!
, Neon Genesis Pythongelion and the strange Star Wars/Eva fusion
Hoshi no Sensou Evangelion (NSFW warning on the last!).

Slight naughtiness exists around the page, so be warned.

Edit by Morganni: Page seems to be gone. Internet archive link: Daniel Snyder's page