Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROTFL, Part II
Lessons in Babysitting
I think I figured it out, Hermione groaned as she threw herself down on the couch in the teachers common room that night, Voldemort, Ron quit cowering, cast a whinny baby curse over the train when it was on its way here!
Dont be silly, Ron yawned as he collapsed into one of the overstuffed armchairs, Why would he do something like that?
Voldemort grinned widely as he scratched Nagini between her eyes, Well my dear basilisk, the first stage of my plan is complete. A few of his minions shifted nervously in the back of the room, it worried them that none of them knew their masters plan.
What plan Master? a young woman asked meekly, afraid of the punishment that would surely come from her asking him a question.
Why the plan that will weaken Dumbledores little army of course, he grinned, surprisingly not angered by his minions question, I cast a whinny baby curse on the train carrying the students to Hogwarts. This will mentally weaken Harry Potter and his little friends enough that I can take the school over with ease. His head rolled back on his shoulders as he began to laugh crazily.
www.fanfiction.net/s/1754618/12/"How can I be this kick ass strong?! Powerful! Handsome! Charismatic! Gorgeous! Oh, Gods... Why do you burden me with such a heavy karma!"
- Dark Schneider, Bastard!!! #20
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: I'd think about that first, if I were you...
From Biles' Children of Fire:
"You are Ranma Saotome of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts?"
"Uh, yeah. Who the hell are you?"
"I am Kasumi Tendo of the Anything Goes School of
Martial Arts, the last heir of my line. I challenge you,
Ranma Saotome, to a duel. The loser must run naked
through the streets for five minutes."

Uhhh....
Kasumi usually would only vacum when she was
frustrated; she claimed she could hear the dirt
screaming.

Oh dear...*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
The Untitled Cheekquel Project
Hermione felt a little fear when she heard Herman Crabbe asking a classmate, I understand how to play Connect Four, I just dont see why the game is called that.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
re: Sunset Over Britain
There's a new chapter of this HP fic up. Link so you don't have to crawl back up the thread to find it.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Frozen Moonlight
The Kamiya Kasshin school works to encourage the development of potential and independence! her brother declared, We feel that when the food is ready to leave the refrigerator, it will do so on its own.
From Frozen Moonlight, a rather nice bit of modern Kenshin fickery.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: More from _Children of Fire_
[RUN FOR YOUR LIFE] Mercury's computer advised her. This was not
what she wanted to hear.
>I need other options
[WALK FOR YOUR LIFE]

Quite possibly the BEST thing you could ever hear Sailor Pluto say:
"I foresee a pizza in our future."

I suppose that's one solution to the problem...
"Shampoo suggest you burn the roses."
"Can't. Kodachi would get very angry."
"Burn Kodachi."
"I wish.
The _BEST_ Buffy/SG1 crossover EVAR
General Hammond: Let me get this straight, Colonel; you and Miss Buffy here got drunk, ending up in Denver where you were sold on the black market and forced to participate in an underground fighting tournament where you won a large amount of money and your freedom. But because you didnt know about the prize money, you stole a hummer from a nearby base painting it pink before giving it away to someone named Clem and after depositing your winnings in the bank you arrived here, only five hours late for work.
From Memet's Tall Tales. It has some equally insane sequels.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re: The _BEST_ Buffy/SG1 crossover EVAR
"So what do you think?" Jamie asked, hunkering down to slap a transporter tag on Dev-Na's back. "Kryptonian super-intelligence?"
"Busted," Kari said without hesitation.
"Absolutely busted," Bastila agreed.
"I could've told you -that-," Adam said wryly.

"Unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Rats. Ya beat me to that one, Norway. Tongue"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
"Absolutely busted," Bastila agreed.
1) I haven't read this story yet -- I only found out about it 30 seconds or so ago.
2) It is so good to see that Bastila has relaxed this much. I could not imagine the "old her" even thinking the word "busted", let alone saying it.
3) I know Scottie is around in UF, even though we've not seen her "on-screen". But I am so getting Bastila-as-Scottie vibes here...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Quote:
but yo uhave heat vision?
I haven't tried it, but I guess I must.
awesome. i don.t have any attack pwoers. I just hit things
with my nads at housand times a secnod
When she was able to stop laughing and focus on the screen
again, Kara composed herself and typed only,
... sounds painful.
* Cyborg DIES
SNRK
... cant... breathe
HANDS HANDS JEEZ
you have to excuse Flash. he types faster than he can think
* batgirl has joined channel #Titans
yo guys. whats up?
Wally was just telling us about a new combat move he invented.
yes, tell her about it, Wally
i htae you all
--
"It is as if I were one of those minor characters in a melodrama who gets shuffled offstage without ever learning how things turn out." Bill Roth
"I can appreciate the feeling. My own role sometimes makes me want to strangle the author." - Corwin of Amber
-- The Chronicles of Amber: Sign of the Unicorn
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
So I was re-reading this fic, and....
Her head snapped up, her jaw firmed, and her shoulders straightened.
She raised the fan and said, "No! I'm on the verge, I know it. Once
more, and _this_ time I'm gonna do it right!"
Then, suddenly, she grinned, "Hey, Ranchan, watch me pull a dummy out
of a cinder-block!"
"Aw, Acchan," Ranma squirreled, "that trick _never_ works!"
"This time for sure!"

Eric Hallstrom in case anyone has forgotten.
Re: So I was re-reading this fic, and....
I can't remember what scene that's from.
Hmm. Time for a re-read.*********
It's the ki-training scene with the animated dummies.
This 'fic was the one that convinced me I could play an Akashic Brotherhood character in Mage... wonderful, wonderful, wonderful story.
Eric, where are you????--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Actually, it's the scene where he's training her to use the fan as a magic/ki/chi-enhanced weapon. But I think the animated cinder-block dummies sequence starts right afterward, so you're probably just as right as I am.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Eric, where are you????
I've been doing some digging, trying to see how far I can track him down - with, admittedly, not much luck. The last hint of his existence I've been able to find in the fanfiction scene was his last update of the fic quoted from, at the end of January in '01. I've turned up archives of a discussion forum (apparently a mailing list), related to In Nomine, which have posts from him sometime in the middle of '02 - confirmed that it's not someone else of the same name, some of the material discussed therein is also on his Website as his own work - but the easy kinds of searching don't seem to turn up anything later than that.
He seems to have had two different E-mail addresses over the period in question; neither one returns a bounce, but neither has mail sent to either of them gotten a reply. (One is at an apparently custom domain, ryougakun.anansispider.com, and the other is at mindspring.com; both domains are now owned by Earthlink, so dead end from that direction unless someone's very persuasive.)
There are other types of investigation which can be done, and some of them are probably within my means, but so far I've been too lazy to dig any further. If anyone has any suggestions for specific lines of attack, feel free to mention them.
(Also, in the event that he turns out to have disappeared on account of being dead, those of you with necromantic and/or miracle-working tendencies may want to start making preparations.)
Quote:
I know Scottie is around in UF, even though we've not seen her "on-screen". But I am so getting Bastila-as-Scottie vibes here...
As Der Gryphonmeister noted, she's on Alderaan working a seminar at the University of Alderaan (Planet Florida!). She'll be back eventually.Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Ah, so she hasn't left the show in UF because she wants her life back. Cool.
Can't wait to see Scottie teaching Bastila firebreathing...

-- Bob
---------
Oh, the punishment!
So, youre writing a report about euthanasia?
Umm.. yeah, and I thought that I could try, like, comparing them to youth in other parts of the world...

Ouch.
Re: Oh, the punishment!
Quote:
Quote:
Eric, where are

I've been doing some digging, trying to see how far I can track him down - with, admittedly, not much luck. The last hint of his existence I've been able to find in the fanfiction scene was his last update of the fic quoted from, at the end of January in '01. I've turned up archives of a discussion forum (apparently a mailing list), related to In Nomine, which have posts from him sometime in the middle of '02 - confirmed that it's not someone else of the same name, some of the material discussed therein is also on his Website as his own work - but the easy kinds of searching don't seem to turn up anything later than that.
He seems to have had two different E-mail addresses over the period in question; neither one returns a bounce, but neither has mail sent to either of them gotten a reply. (One is at an apparently custom domain, ryougakun.anansispider.com, and the other is at mindspring.com; both domains are now owned by Earthlink, so dead end from that direction unless someone's very persuasive.)[/quote]
Mrrr. Isn't this about the time the FFML had its little hiatus? Or is that when we lost Don Granberry?
Quote:
There are other types of investigation which can be done, and some of them are probably within my means, but so far I've been too lazy to dig any further. If anyone has any suggestions for specific lines of attack, feel free to mention them.
(Also, in the event that he turns out to have disappeared on account of being dead, those of you with necromantic and/or miracle-working tendencies may want to start making preparations.)
Sigh... pretty please, Eric, if you're out there, speak up!
--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote:
Isn't this about the time the FFML had its little hiatus? Or is that when we lost Don Granberry?
Yes, this is roughly (give or take a few months) around the time of the FFML hiatus - and, as a side note, I joined the FFML a couple-three months before that hiatus ended. Don Granberry (whom I'd also like to track down... hmm, I should look into that) didn't disappear till much later - I have one of his fics in my local archive (saved to disk as soon as I knew it existed) from January '04, and his "banned from the FFML" post came in October of '03.
Also, for future reference: nested quotations (of the formally tagged type) do not work in EZBoard, as far as I've been able to tell.
Mmmf.
Yeah, noted for next time.
Did anyone pick up all the references to alternative lists that were flying around at the time?
Oh, and it might be a good idea to split this topic off from the thread and leave this one for the quotes...--
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Featherbrite's Tale
Just to get things back on track, a note from Ranma's list of 'most valuable lessons'.
3) An expert martial artist can beat one Marine if everything else is equal. The problem is that the typical US Marine is neither alone nor interested in keeping everything else equal.--
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Sailor Pluto's secret weakness: Tequila!
No. No, no, no, no. This is not happening. I am Sailor Pluto, the
Guardian of Time. I do not get shit faced and wake up in the morning
with strange people in my bed. Okay maybe I do on occasion, but the last
time was in 1926. Or was it 1945? God damn it!
Re: Sailor Pluto's secret weakness: Tequila!
Quote:
Okay maybe I do on occasion, but the last
time was in 1926. Or was it 1945? God damn it!
If your knowledge of the date is uncertain by more than five years... you've probably gone past your limit. HTH, KTBB, HAND.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows