Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
284 is enough AGAIN! NEW NEW new fic reccomendation thread
Re: 284 is enough AGAIN! NEW NEW new fic reccomendation thre
Its probably not proper fanfiction, but it IS very much meta-fiction ( at least in my opinion).
Because I have not seen it anywhere else:
www.iamikon.com/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage
Quote:
Its probably not proper fanfiction, but it IS very much meta-fiction ( at least in my opinion).
Because I have not seen it anywhere else:
Ah. So its basically Nobilis but without any of the Borgstrom cool factor.
--------------------
Epsilon
It's got the Gagne cool factor instead. There shall be no dissing of Twoflower. ^.^
--Sam
"Thunder ripped through the sky like a garden weasel."
huh, interesting
Yeah, Stefan's got talent by the truckload, and enough gravitas to make sure that the setting isn't broken by munchkin writers. Coolness.
If it weren't for the fact that he sort of demands that applicants come up with coherent plots, I'd try out for this thing.
Well, okay, maybe not outright 'demands', but anything less would be insulting, and I've been shamelessly fanboying the guy since I've read Sailor Nothing years and years ago.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: huh, interesting
I've been on that train since Juyza's Lyric, WAY back in the day.
Bought Neverwinter Nights for the sole purpose of playing his modules. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
And when is mtcff ULTRA going to finish, darn it?!
Oh, yeah, I have very fond memories of Juyza's Lyric.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
As one of the people who helped make Nobilis happen, I'd just like to say: "GO BORGSTROM!".--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Circular Reasoning
interesting harry potter timetravel story here. only 5 chapters so far, but it definitely has possibilities
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Quote:
It's got the Gagne cool factor instead. There shall be no dissing of Twoflower. ^.^
Considering how much personal grief Twoflower has given me, I'll diss him all I want, thank you very much.
-----------------
Epsilon
hmm Circular Reasoning is cool :O interesting.. enough to make me wish there were a few more chapters Tongue_______________________________
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black
Can't say as I like the Garth Nix stuff in there -- while I loved Sabriel and the other books in that series, those elements just seem badly out of place in the HP world. Even so, it's a good, well-written story.
-- Bob
---------
Harry/Anita
The Book Shoppe ... Harry opens a store in St. Louis... hijinks ensue...
It's an interesting premise, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
----
naruto story
A very long, epic, but very good Naruto story centering around Sakura and Naruto. Another Great War has arrived.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2663204/1/
It's called 100 days by Aaron Nowack. Highly recommended.
I cannot recommend this story enough. In its own way, it's just as good as any Naruto story out there and although I love Team 8, this one just slightly edges it out as my new favorite.
Re: A few good ones
www.fanfiction.net/s/2564277/1/ Mighty Ninjarai! Naruto grows up with a samurai as his lax guardian.
www.fanfiction.net/s/1744410/1/ Switched! Naruto and Sakura get a mission to clean Grandmother Puus attic. Grandfather Puu traveled to exotic places and picked up souvenirs. Enter the evil soul switching statue. Complete.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2053363/1/ Trial and Error. A Naruto at the Ninja Academy story. Complete.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2563727/1/ The Indirect Approach. Training with Jiraiya, Naruto learns an important lession. Check out Sh33p's other work as well; his Zoids series, though unfinished, is exceptional.
www.fanfiction.net/s/1189978/1/ Down With the Sickness. A mad Saiyan lands on Earth. But a mind-altering virus the girl caries makes her experience anything but the typical new-girl-story. Especially once the sickness begins to spread. Primarily featuring Tien, Piccolo and Yamcha. Been a while since I read this, but I remember good. Crash has a Naruto story featuring Shikamaru that looks pretty good, as well.
Hey, Jeap, welcome to the forums! I see you're already comfortable with jumping right in and contributing, so I guess I don't have to encourage you.
-- Bob
---------
Most of my reading material has come from this forum lately, so I figured I had better contribute some as well.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3023947/1/ From Six is a 'cram several other personalities into the poor character's head' story. Solid writing and it doesn't suffer from the dissociation you see in some ot these stories.
re:
From Six gets a 'wow' and 'cool!' from me. [Image: smile.gif] Thanks for the rec!
Some naruto
This Time Around:
www.fanfiction.net/s/2461703/1/
One of the better Naruto time travel fics I've read. Mostly because of non-asshole Sasuke.
Something To Live For:
www.fanfiction.net/s/3003800/1/
You know how Sakura's like part of the ANBU scouts in Suiren? Apply that to the whole of Team 7 - plus funky ideas for a Ninja library. Just started but has promise.
Re: Some more Naruto
I stashed this one in my to read folder a few days ago, www.fanfiction.net/s/2859078/1/ Spying no Jutsu, 's pretty good.
Disguised as a girl, Naruto will spy on Kage level kunoichi at the Cute Polar Bear Hot Springs Festival. Not quite at the springs yet, but we're at the point where the wacky hijinks start to ensue.
Unfair Warning by Durandall.
Warning, dark.
----------------
Epsilon
I would like to note that Spying no Jutsu seems REALLY lame for the first page or so, but picks up from there. You just have to give it a little time, kind of like a hand grenade.
Also... SIGGED!
- CD
And furthermore: Check out Accounting no Jutsu by the same author. It's a great example of taking fanon to the logical conclusion, and how combat power isn't the only thing important for a shinobi, let alone an aspiring hokage.SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Unfair Warning
Damn. I liked that a lot. I'm sort of reminded of Aondehafka's "A Cold Wind Blows". And +Gradient's "The Weakest Link" for some reason.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Re: Unfair Warning
Final Fantasy Y is an FFX parody fic, wherin Tidus is replaced by Tydus, wo reacts and thinks the way an actual player (like, oh, the author, probably) might actually have reacted upon playing the game. This link is actually to ch13, an almost omake-like scenelet, becauase it does a good job of showing off the better sort of ingrongruous humor moments the fic has, and it's easy enoguh to get to the first chapter afterward.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Re: Some older stuff
I don't remember seeing these recommended before so...
Slayers: Faces The first in a set of three Slayers stories that feel like extensions of the series. These fics also made me firmly a Sylphiel/Zelgadis fan.
Dragon Ball Super Z Another DBZ one. If you read only one DBZ story it should be this one. Grab it before it slips from the 'net.
Some mini-Jack stories. I dunno why I gravitate toward these, but I do.
The Non Real O'Neill Being a clone sucks ass. Especially when the original version of yourself is still out there living the life you had thought was yours. Saving the world was hard enough... now there's high school.
Younger than the Dinosaurs A college trip prospecting for bones.
Candlestick Chronicles Barrett contacts Carter about a plot involving O'Neill's genetic material. And the intriuge begins! Best of the bunch.
Those NOT chosen by the fairy A Seiken Densetsu 3 about, well, those not chosen by the Fairy. Complete.
Fierce Deity has two Zelda stories that are worth your time. The first is rough, but he has improved quite a bit in the second. I really connected with the characters and was quite sad towards the end of the second story. Has an orginal called Twin Gear: The Ruiner of a Thousand Years.
Does anyone have copies of Carlos Perez's
work? He wrote Legend of Mana fiction that had a very Pratchett feel to it.
Re: Some older stuff
I have to disagree about Super Z - it's been quite some time since I read it, but I rmember being less than impressed, and not even finishing the available stories. Kat-chan's Saiyajin vanished from her site and seemingly the net entirely after people bugged her about updating too much, alas, but Dragoness Eclectic's loosely-Raditz-centered epic is still quite available, and quite good, and the most recent novel-size chunk is complete with epilogue.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--