Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that shoould be: beginings of Sub Genius

Well, I meant for this to literally take place in A's (so after the events of the first season). Hayate would end up the Princess, with the Wolkenritter acting as the Judges doing everything in their power to maintain this world where Hayate is happy... with maybe Book-of-Darkness showing up as the evil doppleganger of the Princess that shows up to annoy the main character.
Though Fate already turned down the lotus eater dream in canon, so I suspect her reaction to Ivalice would be the same as it was in canon. And as for Nanoha being the head of the TSAB clan I figured that was what she would name her clan, not that it would literally be the TSAB transformed...
------------
Epsilon

I can see were your going with that... but it just doesn't mesh that well for me.  The oblivious princess Hyatt and her judges of alternate reality land just isn't true enough to the original FFTA.  However Hyatt and her knights as the judges fits... linker core drain being a yellow card penalty.  Leading to a suprise giant ,mutant, evil Reinforce as a Omega Weapon type random super boss.  I'm not sure that esuna can't actually cure linker core drain arbitrarily as is.  This also gives the knights an excuse of 'The governemnt ordered us to do it".
Fate blows of the LEM at the end of A... largely because of her experiences in the first season.  Early first season she'd be a perfect fit for the prince role.  Nahona befriending Fate into letting Earth be Earth makes more sense thematically.  Fate having no attactment to Earth and having no home world means she'll latch on that much harder.  Fate will be protecting her homeworld and family here.  First season Fate, lacking friends and non bloodline anchor points.  Her wishes are clear.  Hyatt and her knights have clear enough wishes.  Nanoho's rich friends wanting a bit of adventure and their own power works as their wishes.
Without the jewel seeds hunt and wanting to befriend some sense into Fate... I can not think of what wish Nanoha would have that would make her want this world at all.  Her back story rejects the need for the kind of world altering wishes the FFTA book needs to operate.  The Jewel Seeds are very Final Fantasy MacGuffin.  Early Second season Nanoha lacks the ability to be the main character.  unless you have a wish of hers that would set off the book in the first place?  I mean the jewel seeds are basically collectively what that Book already is.

Shadowjack came up with http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?562 ... st13833608]this one, which I'll copy verbatim:
Quote:To tell the story of the Silver Crystal, it is necessary to tell the story of some of the minds behind it. A girl from the planet Earth is one of them, though as our story opens she no more knows her destiny than a tea leaf knows the history of the East India Company. Her name is Usagi Tsukino, she is a five foot tall ape descendent, and someone is trying to drive a bypass through her home…
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:and someone is trying to drive a bypass through her home…
"In the name of my front yard, I will punish you!"
ETA:  I realized several hours later that "In the name of my room, I will punish you" would have been even better...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Oh dear God... I can just see Ami... and instead of the Mercury Computer, she has The Guide. XD

"Here, Usagi, eat these."

"What, peanuts?"

"Yes, the sodium will help buffer the effects of transporter shock. Just be grateful it's peanuts - the fanboys demanded bananas"
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Wiredgeek Wrote:"Just be grateful it's peanuts - the fanboys demanded bananas"
"Go.  Now.  And don't drop the banana."
"Why not?"
"Good source of potassium!"

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Star Ranger4
wrote:

Morisato Keichii cant decide if he's glad
or hurt that the Motor club has latched onto this years Freshman
driving sensation: Racer Go
actually...
Morisato Keichii cant decide if he's glad
or hurt that the Motor club has latched onto this years driving sensation: The Stig.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:Morisato Keichii cant decide if he's glad or hurt that the Motor club has latched onto this years driving sensation: The Stig.
Who turns out to be Kami-sama... or Hild.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Morisato Keichii cant decide if he's glad or hurt that the Motor club has latched onto this years driving sensation: The Stig.
Not Belldandy?

Too obvious.
-- Bob
---------

Nah. Just play it straight. Top Gear does Japan, they've heard Impressive Things about the NIT motor club, so they drop in. And challenge folks to a race.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

some say that Odin traded his eye for him, others believe that he once took a wee on the World-Tree. All we know is, he's called, The Stig

"We here, at the Top Gear studios, have the honor of testing General Motors' latest, most powerful ever vehicle."
"Right you are, James, and this one's a bit of a stretch, even for us. It's the new Bolo Model B, the first fusion-powered tank. And, with some astronomical amount of horsepower, four independently-steerable sets of tracks, and an armament more stunning than Samantha Fox in her Page Three Girl days, we knew there was only one thing we could do; turn it over to our tame racing driver. Some say he's a liquid metal robot from the future, sent back to kill the only hope of the Resistance, or that he's fusion-powered himself. All we know is...why is the Stig stealing the Bolo?"

Quote:All we know is...why is the Stig stealing the Bolo?"

Flashcut to grainy Top Gear security cam footage. STIG, majestic in the moonlight, enters the frame by kicking a door off its hinges - doubly impressive once the audience is told that it is a roll-up door. Switch to another security camera, where STIG can be seen to have a bouquet of FLOWERS in his hand. STIG approaches the BOLO slowly, tenatively, and proffers the flowers while looking away, much like a nervous schoolboy. The BOLO, for (her?) part, vaporizes the bouquet with a lick of flame from one of her weapons ports.

Flashcut to security cam footage from a LAS VEGAS drive-up chapel. STIG is standing next to the BOLO, who has her main gun trained on a visibly sweating priest. STIG is holding a large golden ring, sized to fit the BOLO's main gun.

Flashcut back to the boys.

"Well, that's settled then. Join us next time, assuming Stiggy survives the honeymoon"

CLOSING CREDITS: Jessica (Top Gear Remix 2028)

...If nothing else, it makes for a cracktastically awesome short fic. Smile

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Or Banpei-kun.

(The Stig never talks, Banpei can't talk... coincidence?)
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:[b]robkelk wrote:[/b]

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

Or Banpei-kun.
(The Stig never talks, Banpei can't talk... coincidence?)
Some say he's a robotic temple guardian built by the goddess of the future, others say he's packing enough talismans to incapacitate a Demon First Class, Unlimited...
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

I shudder to think of what Skuld would do if she came across a late mark Bolo and decided to upgrade it or modify it...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

werehawk Wrote:I shudder to think of what Skuld would do if she came across a late mark Bolo and decided to upgrade it or modify it...
This is Skuld we're talking about, when she comes across a late mark Bolo the upgrade will surely be, More Than Meets the Eye.  
   TRANSFORMERS: In The Beginning....

Not quite a crossover (because it's a particular artist drawing a particular story), and not "should" (because it is a scanlated doujin):

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubk4fdbzucgyfhf]Azuma's take on Sailor Moon (10.8 MB download from Mediafire)

("Ah, that's not a nice thing to say! Otaku have a right to live as well!")

Although Azumanga Moon probably would be interesting, given this story and the 4-koma...
--
Rob Kelk

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Oh, this is such an old joke. I remember a standup comedian who did a bit about his chihuahua watching "Murder She Wrote" with him, then looking up at him and asking, "Why don't they ever figure it out? Wherever that little white woman goes, people die."

They covered this in the show, amusingly enough. At one point, she has to defend herself against such a claim.

Necratoid Wrote: I see her more as the girl running a store and going on her own missions for supplies.  A random Knight left tending the store. 
[slowpoke]So Hayate is... Recette?[/slowpoke]

robkelk Wrote:Although Azumanga Moon probably would be interesting, given this story and the 4-koma...

Having seen http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?562 ... st13855945]Shadowjack's first illustrated recap of Sailor Moon S, I don't know whether he agrees with me or not. You be the judge - here's the applicable bit:

[Image: ShadowjackCTSNB.jpg]

(Edit: This was going either here or in the current ROFL thread... It seemed slightly more on-topic here.)
--
Rob Kelk

And now for something completely different... http://muzski.darkfolio.com/gallery/508305#4]Herge / Lovecraft
--
Rob Kelk