Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Here's a few good ones www.fanfiction.net/s/2678898/1/ The Chronicles of Riddick and Potter, www.fanfiction.net/s/1755597/1/ Insert Self Here, www.fanfiction.net/s/2737377/1/ Sacrifice 12 and www.fanfiction.net/s/2585729/1/ Over the Hills and Far Away a Harry Potter, Naruto Crossover [Image: pimp.gif]
Super-Harry
The Power The Dark Lord Knows Of
www.fanfiction.net/s/2337373/1/
Heh, amusing little Harry Potter one-shot.
Re: Super-Harry
That was good enough that I forgave the various spelling and other errors.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
The Chronicles of Riddick and POTTER?!
The mind boggles.
Edit: GAH. People, GIVE SLASH WARNINGS!--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Sorry forgot there was slash i had found that story a while ago and only got reminded of it a few days ago [Image: tired.gif]
maybe it's been pointed out already
Dunno if this was already mentioned www.fanfiction.net/s/2721219/1/
Naruto. Short snippets, some funny, some insightful. Very good stuff.
-Griever
Edit: And now that I've read all of it, I'm feeling decidedly inferior about anything that I've ever termed 'plot' and scribbled down. *envies*
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: maybe it's been pointed out already
Some of the Catch 22 bits are pretty good, others are more meh - the stuff about the former unified shinobi country that the current ones are the remains of, and most of the new character stuff. I'll admit it was his vision of how the Sasuke retreival mission might have gone differently that got me thinking about who would be good matches against the Four Sound form the expanded TXY cast, and that wandered around until it met the "I hate snakepants" and "The Sasuke defection stuff was really damn boring anyway" bunnies, and had a threeway that produced the current stuff for the final exams.
- CD
ETA: and now... a fic rec!! About a Book is a very short, rather NSFW Anko-teases-Kakshi ficlet, but quite funny. The author has several other Narutoverse fics that I've not yet red, but saw reccomended... um.... somewhere else. I think. I'm quite sure this one hasn't been reccomended here, at least.
ETA2: I take it back.... it this guy's profile page and then go to Fox Identity, like, now. It's good, goood stuff. That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Next morning, Harry found himself butt-naked in the other side of town, mouth tasting of lima beans. - from Uzumaki Harry by Shadow Crystal Mage
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
A couple that I don't recall...
Learning to Breathe by onoM. Basically, what if Harry had been trained as a soldier from Halloween '81, killed Voldemort, and now had to return to society?
Harry Potter, The Lone Traveller by The Professional. Harry tried to go back and 'fix' things, but things go wrong. Cross-dimensional Quantum Leap-type story.--
Year in the Life
lisaroquin.popullus.net/yitl/yitl.html
SG-1 was in a bad position when Thor beamed them up with some bad news. Loki got loose and in catching him the Asgard found another of his labs and several more of his experiments.
What would SG-1 like Thor to do with their offspring? And how will Jack O'Neill's mother react when she discovers that she has eight grandchildren she didn't know about?
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Year in the Life
WARNING
This site eats time like nobody's business, Lisa's written OMGWTF amounts of fanfiction.
D for Drakensis

Re: Year in the Life
Interesting work, but my lord she needs to manage her scenes better. Scenes with more than 5 or 6 characters on the screen - to quote Clint Eastwood - are a clusterfsck.--
Quote:
Harry Potter, The Lone Traveller by The Professional.
That's not bad at all, nor is its spin-off, The Story of The Guys.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Stargate Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover
Here is a crossover that has several unusual ideas.
The link between BtVS and Stargate isn't one I've seen before.
It drops into super-Xander mode.
The writer has a tendency to write very short chapters and drop into telling us about the story instead of actually writing the story.
Despite this somehow I read or glanced through every chapter.
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-7...stence.htm

howard melton
God bless
Re: Stargate Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover
I've read some of his other work before, but this was new to me.
And I managed to lose it completely at this one.
Quote:
ONeill gave Tealc a mock-wary look and made a show of scooting away that drew the attention of others, Fruitcake?
The Jaffa looked with borderline contempt, I am not happy about my time in the service of false gods, ONeill. Nor of the atrocities I was forced to perpetrate in order to survive.

--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
more liz_marcs
Liz has been posting her new Africander fic up dealing with Xander (BtVS). It's going to be a chapter a day. The second one has just been posted up.
First here.
liz-marcs.livejournal.com...tml#cutid1
another stargate and buffy the vampire Slayer crossover
A YEAR IN THE LIFE
This cross over universe doesn't have anything quite as scary as the thought of a System Lord forcing his Prime and other Jaffy to distribute Fruit Cakes, but it has some fairly funny chapters and in it's own way some of the concepts are very scary.
Loki in this paticular universe tried several techniques and didn't just limit himself to cloning or just using Jack O'Neil's DNA.
lisaroquin.popullus.net/yitl/yitl.html
howard melton
God bless
Re: another stargate and buffy the vampire Slayer crossover
look about a third of the way up this page.
glad I'm not the only one who likes it, Lisa's done some good stuff
D for Drakensis

Re: another stargate and buffy the vampire Slayer crossover
I found YITL heavily in need of an editor, but otherwise very fun.
And just a bit *shatter*-inducing.
Quote:
Hey! You're one of the jiffy peanut-butter guys!
--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Whoops
/QUOTE/
look about a third of the way up this page.
glad I'm not the only one who likes it, Lisa's done some good stuff
/END QUOTE/
Whoops hadn't notice anyone else had posted it and it was on the same page no less.
I've been going throught the Stargate fanfic sites and came across it a day or two ago.
howard melton
God bless
True Angel
www.fanfiction.net/s/2435566/1/
Permission to execute Pilot Soryu, Captain Katsuragi.
Denied, Rei.
Please?
No.
I wont ask for anything for my birthday or Christmas.
No, Rei.
Damn.
- shortly before the 2-in-1 angel
Why is it my fault all of the sudden? asked Asuka.
- shortly after the 2-in-1 angel
D for Drakensis

By Any Other Name from Deviant Nature at www.fanfiction.net/s/1654336/1/ a high quality InuyashaYu Yu Hakusho crossover [Image: tired.gif]
Re: True Angel
I should note that several of Innortal's other fics (The author of True Angel) are also good - I Do in particular is hilarious, if very much NSFW.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Next morning, Harry found himself butt-naked in the other side of town, mouth tasting of lima beans. - from Uzumaki Harry by Shadow Crystal Mage
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I'll second Innortal's fics and also recommend Papa's Back.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
I'm in the middle of reading Not Myself, which, to put it simply, is an original character from an Apocalypse world transferred to the X-men world and how she deals with that. The transfer is done smoothly (it makes sense!), the scenes from the Apocalypse world are realistic but not overwhelmingly gory (although it does deal with some rather disgusting events), and although I don't really follow the X-men world, it seems fine on that end. If you're reading it just for the X-men characters, it does have a slow start (they don't meet the X-men until a fair ways in), but the OC meets mutants fairly quickly. Slash warnings.
Edit: And having finished it, I'm very happy with the way it turned out. There's even a sequel like Drunkard's Walk (yes! ^_^) where she's trying to find her way back although they're set in various X-Men alt. universes apparently.
Edit2: I'm very much liking that the author sticks around to show what happens after Dimension Hopping Christy leaves. I'm liking that as much as the original entrance -- and it definitely shows DH!Christy isn't a saint either. So it almost seems like the two are soul mates with the way they seem to find their way to each other so many times but the journey to there is no easy nor linear path and that's as much fun to read. ^^;
Edit3: And I would *strongly* -- very strongly -- recommend not reading the "Hellfire" portion of the second story. You'll need therapy afterward. The beginning two stories were fine.
Edit4: Meh. First part of Hellfire was disturbing and I'm sure the DH!Christy is going to have problems when she gets back. Second part of Hellfire is painful to read at times but also very much imo a story of... not really redemption necessarily but... eh, a story of recovery and growth -- of moving on and finding strength after her trauma. Also, her ff-net ones are powerful enough IMO. I'll stick with the watered down version. It would be interesting to know how many worlds she'll bounce through -- we've seen early stage, Hellion stage/Genosha, Headmaster...
//\//\//\//\
Some other good stuff from same author at
www.geocities.com/princess_alex24/
Got the X-men and Garg Fics there. Also dont think she edits out the bad parts like on fanfiction.net.