Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Re: True Angel
COuld you perhaps give a bit more detail on the type of therapy required by the Hellfire segments of the Not Myself sequel? It is the majority of the fic, after all, so if I really want to avoid it I should probably just slap "and they all lived reasonably happily ever after, on average at least" on the end of the first one and skip it entirely... but idf it's not a dretful depressing mindfuck, I can probably deal. The depressing being the part to avoid, generally.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Hrm.
Shorter Hellfire (first part): Christy comes hurling out of the tunnel, hits her double, they go flying through the door where they were spying on Hellfire members (yeah, oops). They get captured. Hellfire is a club of Masters/Mistresses and Slaves and most of the leaders are sick, power-hungry bastards... and whataya know? An X-men as the new exhibit is calling out all the weirdos; breaking the X-men is even more fun and part of the objective to find out what Raven knows (about Hellfire, about X-men). Christy, of course, knows nothing but people interpret that as defiance. Emma Frost is associated with the Hellfire club and Tessa (of later Sage fame) is there as a spy. Christy and her double are stuck there for about a week, and while Frost and Tessa are trying to keep Christy out of the really really bad parts, the Black Queen - Selene - and Sebastian (the other two important leaders) tries for the other result. Therapy as in there's nonconsensual on Christy's part, including a scene of being whipped and one scene where Raven's gangbanged (not shown; Christy gets lucky and calls out Emma who traps her in a black box in her mind and distracts her from what's going on outside for the duration).
By the end of Hellfire1 part 5, the X-Men save Raven.
Before Christy leaves the dimension, she helps Raven to get in touch with Destiny and Mystique who then arrange her an out away from X-Men since Charles isn't gonna let Raven go.
Hellfire 2 is about Raven's recovery from the Hellfire incident; she travels around under the aegis of Destiny who sends her phone calls/letters when she needs to leave a town. She eventually ends up in Genosha just before everything goes to the crapper.
Hrm... I think if you want to avoid how bad Hellfire club is but still wanna know what's going on, just read from Hellfire1 6.
Having spent most of a slow work day reading it: It makes it quite clear that the Hellfire Club is an unpleasant place to visit, and even worse to live in. It is not, in general, terribly explicit, especially in the completely non-consensual encounters.
It is, however, well-written, IMO, and while very dark not painfully so.--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The third story in Jeconais' Heart Trilogy, These Dreams, has been posted.
jeconais.fanficauthors.ne...reams.html--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
"Silent High"
A Silent Hill/Naruto crossover. (I imagine it's named "Silent High" because it starts off in a high school setting.) Two great tastes that go great together!
Re: ...
LT2000 has a couple of workmanlike Potter fics - I like The happy Red Prince more than the other, which is a dark!powerful!harry playing all sides off the other and building his own private army on the side - but the reason I'm linking here is the Naruto fic he just started, Nine Tailed Serpent. It's a dark!powerful!naruto and of moderate quality for the most part, but carries off an intelligent, bargaining kyuubi no kitsune without forgetting that it's a bloodthirsty demon, not a buddy, even if Naruto kind of thinks of it as one, which is definately a refreshing change of pace I think. It also goes the rare path of making Kurenai Naruto's team leader, though Anko is being set up as a personal trainer to work with him while Kurena focusses on her less developed genin in training sessions. It's still barely getting started, so who knows if it'll live up to its full potential, but I think it's a reasonable start, espescially for a first entry to the fandom.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
surprisingly ...
... this is pretty good:
www.fanfiction.net/s/2726098/1/
At least, it's better than the author's misbegotten attempts at writing HP fiction.
'Altered Destiny' is a Wheel of Time what if, asking how things would have gone had Rand been gentled when he was young.
It's good enough that I'm actually reconsidering my prior decision to not bother with finishing reading the actual books (also, I'm liking the plot developments better in this fic than I did those in the three WoT books I've actually read).
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
These Dreams
I'll second Jeconais' story, as well as the other two in the Hearts trilogy.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Re: These Dreams
Quote:
(also, I'm liking the plot developments better in this fic than I did those in the three WoT books I've actually read).
If you were only kind sorta liking it after the first three books... dont bother reading the rest.
It jumps the shark in major ways after that. Somewhere around boko 5? he splits the party, and you go almost 2 whole books without some of the main characters being MENTIONED, despite being left at cliffhangers.
Off topic from someone who rarely contributes here, but this is somehting I've been pondering for a while and I'll take a few moments and kb to vent.
On WoT, I stopped reading halfway through the third book. It's very unusual for me to not finish a book I'm reading, but I came to the conclusion that while the world was remarkable, I didn't give a rat's ass about any of the characters in it.
I've also discovered that Jordan's problem is one I have in my own writing and similar activities. For example, as a RPG DM I'm good at creating a world, but not so hot at running an adventure within it.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Jordan's problem is that he's never learned to sum up. Honestly, his entire series should have been no longer than the Belgariad.--
Jordan?
Ah yes, where the term Jordanitis comes from.
All his stuff is padded out. He has also infected other writers as well, which is why I was so glad to see the Slayers novels translated.
Give me a Bujold(The Spirit Ring) or Wrede(Enchanted Forest) story over Jordan.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
I haven't read a Jordan book since The Great Hunt (or whatever the second Wheel of Time book was called). Seriously, if you are going to tell me how the story ends within the first ten pages of the first book in your magnum opus, and then, for the next 600 pages, give no suggestion that the prophecy is wrong/misinterpreted/etc., then you have failed to intrigue me into buying any more of your books.
Even Tad Williams' and George R.R. Martin's massive epics have things changing that you can't forsee from the beginning of the story.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
A Surreal Tale is a rather interesting view of a Slytherin Harry. This Harry was raised up by Bellatrix Black after her being tossed out of the Death Eaters group by her inability to bear children.
Id like to second surreal tales.
The story is genuinely well done.
All the more amazing since Slytherin!Harry is a genre that seems particularily prone to crapppy stories.
edit: must stop posting while half asleep.
tis hilarious
Tannim Murphy's latest. Otaku Muyo! You've gotta respect a guy who can pull off a comedy SI. Find it here:
www.fanfiction.net/s/2760211/1/
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
A different take
Brainchild's Anyone, Anyone But Me is a somewhat different take on your average "Harry is sent to a different version of his world" story, and though it is related to other stories (s)he's done, it stands on its own, I think - granted, I might have gotten more of it if I'd read the others first, but jumping right in didn't leave me any more confused than Harry himself. It feelsas if it has the last act still to go, but I'm reccomending it anyway.
--
Re: A different take
Of Great Turmoil and Excess Stupidity a Inuyasha/Harry Potter crossover that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.
Oddly enough, I found brainchild's works to be the most infuriating pieces of fiction I've ever had the misfortune to read.
I was heartily disgusted with them by the second chapter, and forced my way to the 5th or 6th in most cases before giving up in a fit of loathing.
It's not that they're poorly written, they just wanted to make me smack him/her, if that makes any sense.--
New story by Josh Temple called Windborn
That was...
Strange.
A Dragons Tail one of the best Angelic Layer fics I have ever read.
Sorry the link is fixed now.
Sorry it is now fixed right.
That one links to Make A Wish.
A Dragon's Tale.
Incidentally, I like Aishuu's Prince of the Layer for Angelic Layer.
Quote:
Sorry the link is fixed now.
Yeah, but not well... but since it works I'm not going to futz with the markup.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
This was the first fanfic I ever read - I just stumbled across it again earlier today.
Wow. Nostalgia, much?
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."