Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recommendation Thread
xander
Link? *hopeful smile*
Re: xander
Ian McGregor's I am what I am is the Xanderfic in question. Good stuff; it's been mentioned before.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Hm. I'm going to have to check out both of those stories.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Mac's a decent author. Not Safe For Work for the most part, though. BE WARNED.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
I finished the existing parts of "Harry Potter and the Nightmares of the Future" last night, and I've gotten a good start on "I Am What I Am". So far, both stories are ripping good tales and I'm enjoying the hell out of them.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
McGregor stories I recommend:
Defender of the Night - BtVS/Gargoyles, B/X. Very good.
Surrogate Angel/Helping Hand/Going it Alone/Misplaced Destinies/Connected - F/X - You can only find the last one on his LJ. Really good.
Who Would Win? - B/X - fluff.
The Zeppo In Mind/Thinker, Slayer, Soldier, Hy(ena) - F/X/? NSFW!
Slay Hard - This one is hilarious. No pairing.
Id - Dark dark dark dark dark. Juvenille, but has its moments. F/X.
Lover's Reciprocation - B/X, NSFW in any way, shape, or form. As much fun as a mental exercise as anything.
Rewards - B/X/F/Anya - NSFW at all. Smut, really. Has its moments.
Touched - C/X - NSFW. While not totally smutty, it's got plenty. It's the inprogress work I'd like to see the most of.
You probably want to visit his LJ more than INAP, he's got things more up to date in his memories.
www.livejournal.com/users/m_mcgregor/--
Finished "I Am What I Am". Very well done. I'm going to have to check out the rest of his stuff -- even the smut! -- this week. And I'd love to see a sequel to "IAWIA"...

-- Bob
---------
maven
Maven's homepage. I particularly like her two CSI series. She's another brilliant writer who conveys so much with dialogue, understatement, or just silences -- what she/the characters don't say.
www.geocities.com/maven369/
Weapons X and webpage with links.
WEAPON X
a BtVS and X-men fusion. It's completed and a bit unusual in that Xander is not a mutant at least not by the definition used in the x-man universe.
parrot.moments-lost.co.uk...5e8cc33b65

WEBPAGE
Before I forget it I've created an abridged webpage with all, but the last page of this thread and all the links from the previous 2 related threads of fiction links.
www.geocities.com/hmelton...iction.htm
Since all three threads are on one webpage you can use your browser's search feature to see if a fanfic or fiction has already been posted.
howard melton
God bless
Re: New Fic Recommendation Thread
www.fanfiction.net/s/2698347/1/
Vathara, new fic. Good.
I don't remember if this one has been mentioned before
shanejayell ( www.fanfiction.net/u/199217/ ) has some fairly good suff, and is very prolific. (Although to be honest I haven't read much yet, there is simply too much.)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
I don't rememvber this one either
Verbosity ( www.fanfiction.net/u/255092/ ) is extremly good, there is just 2 problems, very slow updates and all 3 stories are unfinished. Intersection at right angels is the best one.
AEMI ( www.fanfiction.net/u/174797/ ) is another author I can wholeheartedly recomend esspecially the fellowship of the serpent.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Old Concept, New Spin
You know all those fics where Ranma, or Akane, or Xander, Harry Potter, or SOMEONE has his/her/their mind transported back in time and into a previous edition of their body? And how they then start doing their darndest to use Future Knowledge to make the world around them an overall better place?
Check out The Demon's Contract, by Ringmaster, for the beginning of something just an eensy bit different.
ETA: And, by the same author, Ranma's Morning Confession... a likewise not-quite-typical tale of Amazon Potions Gone Wrong.
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
re: demon contract
Oh... I *like* that one.
Can't wait to read the following chapters.
Re: re: demon contract
Seconded!*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

-- Bob
---------
mmm.... this certainly has possibilities.... i hope it's continued....
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
mmm pity its only at chapter one :S
I wonder where the author will take it?_____________________________
HK-47: "Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"

-- Bob
---------
Am I the only one who wishes that Ranma 1/2 fiction would drop off the face of the planet? Honestly, I'm just *tired* of it.--
Nah, I really enjoy it. I say, the more the better (although considering the amount of crap out there, I almost want to revise that statement).*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Quote:
Am I the only one who wishes that Ranma 1/2 fiction would drop off the face of the planet? Honestly, I'm just *tired* of it.
Hi. Welcome to the club. Here's your free t-shirt. Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Re: bad fanfic! no biscuit!
Quote:
Am I the only one who wishes that Ranma 1/2 fiction would drop off the face of the planet? Honestly, I'm just *tired* of it.
ranma is probably the most common introduction to anime... it stands to reason that ranma fanfic would be the most common first forray into fanfic... like anything else, sturgeon's law applies... unfortunately, that means that there's more crap ranma fanfic than anything else...
i look at it as: a good story is a good story... a good author should be able to make an enjoyable read out or anything... even something as annoying as ranma.
----
----
Don't forget Sabre's Corrolary to Sturgeon's Law: "Just because 10% of everything isn't crap, doesn't mean it's actually good."
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
It all comes back to the fact that nobody pointed a weapon at your head and forced you to read it. (If someone did point a weapon at your head to make you read Ranma 1/2, my apologies and condolences.) But since reading it is optional -- I'd estimate I've glanced at or skimmed maybe 1% of all the Ranma stuff out there, including the original, and completely read none of it -- take a chill pill.DHBirr
"Up, lad, up! We've villages to pillage, maidens to slay, and dragons to rescue!"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.