Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recommendation Thread
Re: > Re: I'm Here to help
The Universe According to Chris parts one and two were pretty good, three was half-written and sat for a few years, then rushed out to call it done, from what I recall. It shows, unfortunately, in the compressed pacing of the later segments. All that said, and despite his fondness for Robotech: New Generation, I like Chris. He was the guy who got me interested in the Superguy writing project, and even if my own attempt to work in it foundered on my difficulties with writing sustained humor, I still love the other stories in the setting that I read through before making my attempt, noteably including his own Team M.E.C.H.A. series and spinoffs. He's also fun in a chatroom, though I dropped off the Calvin/Windlord servers ... jeez, almost a decade now? That's it, I'm old. Any time a decade only seems like a few days ago and an actual few days ago is a blur, you're old, even if I'm not on the untrustworthy side of thirty for another year and a half.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Cue M.A.S.H. theme
Giving Notice, by Quoth the Raven. Who is Harry Potter to the people that know him? And did they ever really know him?
Not quite work safe, for descriptions of suicide.*********
I am a very sensitive person! I can go from laughing to crying with just a kick to the face.
- Dave Attell
Re: Cue M.A.S.H. theme
Yow.
No punches pulled in that one.
It's definitely going in my "check regularly" list, dark as it is.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
You'll be in for quite a wait. IIRC, the last update was June of 2003.
But if you liked that, then check out The Human Condition, by CK Talons. It's one of the more... intense fics I've read.
I am a very sensitive person! I can go from laughing to crying with just a kick to the face.
- Dave Attell
Hm. After skimming the beginning, it looks promising, although the synopsis doesn't sound like much...

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Look, we know you mean well, but put down the rubber chicken
A few HP recs..
Assault on the Senses, in which Harry and Hermione's friends give them a "helping" hand.
And the ridiculously weird Waffles, where Harry talks to his waffle and it talks back. With an Australian accent.*********
- Dave Attell
Buffy, with a Lovecraftian edge
The Price of the Wish
Instead of wishing for Buffy to never have come to Sunnydale, Cordelia wishes for a chance to do it all over again.
She can make things better.
Right?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: A bit early, but...
This is a rather odd HP/Star Wars fusion. It's interesting so far, even though it hasn't gotten too far into the story yet.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Imagine a rat in drag. If you can... CAN YOU!?!?
A couple of ridonculously funny HP fics.
Draco Malfoy the Amazing Bouncing... Rat?, by Maya. "Draco Malfoy, magically transformed into an evil rat. Who is it who always seems to get the evil rats as pets, and what is poor, poor Draco's new name?"
And one of the funniest fics I've read, Miss Hogwarts, by JennaMae. "When the prefects hold a one-of-its-kind beauty pageant, the students are all up for it. But will the reluctant Gryffindor contestant pull HIS act off perfectly?"*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
... yet another iteration of EVA
This guy:
www.fanfiction.net/u/466844/
has fun stuff ... oh, and most definitely visit the homepage link he's got up on his page. Fun webcomic on there.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: Buffy, with a Lovecraftian edge
Cordelia wishes for a chance to do it all over again. She can make things better.
Right?

Is Fate ever that friendly?
Actually, though, Cordelia hasn't done that badly.
Despite their best efforts, no eldritch horrors have yet dragged the earth bodily into realms of terror, vile beyond the imagination of even the most depraved demon.
The global death toll is under a million, so far, and while it's likely to rise it's unlikely to exceed a 100 million, as long as Cordelia makes no more mistakes.
Sunnydale and environs have sufffered some minor structural damage but a mile-deep pit is a lot healthier for the neighbourhood than the buried ruins of a temple holding the nascent avatar of a dread power, and that's one office building LA won't miss.
A few people have died who shouldn't have, some quite close to Cordelia, but others have lived who would have died, and not all of them are evil to the core.
Cordelia herself hasn't suffered significant injury, yet - a little psychic stress, but nothing can't she cope with, and no permanent physical damage.
Admittedly, watching your rooting flesh ooze off your living bones is not a popular hobby, but it didn't hurt, much. (The cure hurt more.) Few people who have a close encounter with a dread abomination feared even by gods get off so lightly.
'The Price of the Wish' is not a fluffy romp through sunny pastures, there are enough of those already, but it is only lightly tinged with darkness. Cordelia could have done better (not wishing on the hellmouth would have been a good start) but she could also have done worse, much worse.
However, not many people want a tour of the nether hells, and I have few enough readers already, so I'm keeping the story fairly lighthearted, with just enough grim patches to keep it from getting fluffy. (Lovecraft is a strong influence, but not the only one. Look closely and you can see traces of Tolkien, Dr Who, and many other sources, most of them less pessimistic than Lovecraft.)
And thanks, ECSNorway, it's always nice to see my little story recommended.
Heh. Well, glad to see the reccommendation is appreciated. Do update soon. [Image: smile.gif]
In the meantime, a little Sailor Moon alt-uni:
Vow of Serenity
Serenity is Beryl's younger sister, a princess without magic in a kingdom ruled by magic.
A kingdom that's going to war.
The King, meanwhile, has ordered Serenity asassainated, as part of the excuse for said war. In order to escape, she's run away and enlisted in the army....
What a wonderful idea.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Do update soon
I'm currently working as a faceless minion of a scion of the ancient gods, in whom is joined the blood of Odin and Aphrodite (or so the legends say). These energy-sapping duties leave me a little short on time, but the tale will not be abandoned. There is much more to come.
Queer Eye for the Fandom Guy
Heeheehee...*********
Re: Queer Eye for the Fandom Guy
Quote:
KYAN: Its like hes the One Straight Man foretold by prophecy.
*giggles helplessly*--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Quote:
JAI: I get that. So I just want to show you -- we switch two letters around, and we get something so much brighter: "Magento."
MAGNETO: Im going to have to kill you all now.
CARSON: Not before you explain this helmet.
Dying. From. Laughter.
DYING. FROM. LAUGHTER. -----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!
I recently came across this: a short about what could happen if Hagrid decided to use Sesshomaru for a CoMC lesson.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Going At It Like Rabbits!!! Ranma, done with some of the cast replaced with Sailor Moon characters. *********
A Justice League fanfic from a uncommon viewpoint.
Here is a Fanfic about the Justice League told from a slightly different point of view or a viewpoint I've not run across often in Superhero Fanfics.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2282953/1/
howard melton
God bless
Never seen a crossover like THAT before.
A brief moment of insanity.
Edit: no point in making another post, so a little humurous something. Be sure to also check out Cherry Blossoms by the same author.
Edit2: Still no point. Buuuut... I give you Oh My Gamemaster! by EvilPii. Roleplayers, prepare to get your freak on.*********
A couple of my favorite Naruto fics
The Way of the Apartment Manager is fun, with interesting and non-twinkish new characters. Also the place I'm stealing Snake Face's last name from.
Suiren is -the- reason I'm a Sakura fan. And an Anko fan. And the fic that suggested the possibility of Anko-and-Iruka-wub-wub.
Side Effects I'm not even a yaoi fan, and this -still- makes my sides hurt.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Side Effects
Speaking of Side-Effects, there's a new chapter.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: A couple of my favorite Naruto fics
I'll definitely second The Way of the Apartment Manager and Suiren - haven't looked at the others yet. WAM is crurrently at an anoyying not-really-cliffhanger chapter break, thoguh - just about to go into fight scenes, we know it, but not even who's immediately involved let alone having a real idea of who will win. And may I just say that the author has done a REALLY good job of bringing in beleivably genin-level genin for the new characters? More than that, beleiveable PEOPLE for the new characters, even the bit parts. A great acheivment indeed, there.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: A couple of my favorite Naruto fics
Tenchi Jabberwocky. 'nuff said.*********
More Narufic!
Teamwork and Teamwork 2. Woo! Poly! Also not work-safe.
Training for the Job I have minor issues with his evaluation of the power levels, but then, I'm an unapologetic Sakura booster.
Bubbling Water Spiral Unfinished, short, and completely impossible, since Anko's actually 24, but still a damned cool thought.
Switched I think that this has been mentioned here before, but... BWAHAHAHA!
The Lazy Uchiha I don't like this story. I have some very serious disagreements with the author about what the best way to train those kids would be, and I don't think he gives Sakura -nearly- enough credit. But I think it's a good piece nonetheless, so give it a look.
Two Halves This rocks so hard I have no words.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."