Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recommendation Thread
Short, post-manga Hyuuga Neji peice
In The Bird, a now-grown, ANBU Naruto has a gift for Neji, but does he really want it?
About the only things you need to know about Naruto that's not really explained within, is the Neji is a member of the lesser house of a noble clan among ninja, with a seal on his forehead that will destroy his special abilities if he dies to prevent their being studied, and which members of the main house can use to inflict pain or death with a gensture. He's understandably bitter about this, along with the fact that his father, put in the branch house due to being the second of a pair of twins born, was sacrificed to save the elder twin, who is the head of the main house, Hinata's father Hiashi. The special ability so protected is basically having zoom, 359 degree, and X-ray vision when they actvate it with chakra/ki, at which time veins throb around their (all white, active or not) eyes.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Short, post-manga Hyuuga Neji peice
Request: When linking to a fic, please identify the fandom/anime clearly. --
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
I thought I had, what with the fourth or fifth word being "Naruto."
- CD

--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Sorry, that was to Valles.
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Oh, gotcha. All of those are Naruto fics too.
- CD

--
Quote:
Sorry, that was to Valles.
*blinkblink*
I'd have thought that it'd be fairly clear from the combination of post title and context, but okay, sorry. Won't happen again.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Well then...
You know what I never thought I would ever read? A Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover with elements from Gunslinger Girl and a nod to the head to Read or Die.
The Return, by Josh Temple*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
Re: Well then...
Yeah, "The Return" is a strange one...

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Re: Oh, the insanity!
What do you get when you take Rurouni Kenshin and Pythonize it? Insane weirdness, that's what. Be warned, some naughtiness lies within.
On a less insane note, Sasami Masaki and the Keys of Myth is a rather well written Tenchi Muyo/Harry Potter crossover. Unfinished, unfortunately.*********
Re: Oh, the insanity!
Chocolate Fudge is a rather silly, but still hilarious, idea.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Oooh, darkness!
Conqueror's Trust, a fascinating story about the origins of Sailor Pluto.*********
Re: Oooh, darkness!
Y'know.... its rather nice to know that someone acctualy reads those stories...Without a word...
Your welcome.
Another rec; this time, something new from Brian Randall. It's a Ranma/Sailor Moon cross, and it's really, really weird, though not as mind-busting as [i]I Am Be[/i].*********
Oh yeah, that one. That just appeared on the FFML something like a week or so ago. Very interesting, very experimental, very good...

-- Bob
---------
Funny one-shot.
Here's a funny little one-shot titled Fan Fiction.
-Edit-
Ah, not a one-shot anymore. Oh and, sorry, forgot to say earlier, this is a Naruto fanfic.
Re: Funny one-shot.
And There Was Much Rejoicing, a Tenchi Muyo! spamfic of the "WTF?!" genre.*********
Quote:
a Tenchi Muyo! spamfic of the "WTF?!" genre
I can sorta explain WTF that was about.
Some years ago, someone -- I don't remember who, now, but it's a safe bet he's not a part of the long-term community -- posted to the FFML a horrific self-insert fic in which the author-avatar raped and murdered Sasami. It prompted disgust and outrage from the FFML community, and at least one fic in which the avatar was pursued back to the "real" world by the Tenchi cast, intent on revenge. To see another "punishment" fic based on this story at this late date is a major surprise.

-- Bob
---------
It's not new, I recall reading it a few years ago.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
That's... that's...
I don't think any words can describe it. *********
Wading through FF.net's Rurouni Kenshin section
A Glint of Amber Stars - A Star Trek: Next Generation crossover. And it -works-. Color me impressed.
Out of Time - I loathe and abominate Time-Travel-as-plot-element. Nevertheless, this is quite well done, enough so to make me overlook that... glaring flaw.
The Silent Sword - I'm not a particularly dedicated fan of Soujiro's, but this is -very- cool, and I'm more than a little interested to see where the author goes with his new characters.
To Reveal All - Revoltingly sweet, just the way I like my romance. And by an author who actually knows how to research rather than just assuming that things are the same between two cultures.
Meh. Storm's coming, so I'll post this now before the power blips.
Ja, -n
===========

Quote:
That's... that's...
I don't think any words can describe it.

It could have been worse. It could have been Oscar Maritnez writing the fic.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Re: Wading through FF.net's Rurouni Kenshin section
Quote:
A Glint of Amber Stars - A Star Trek: Next Generation crossover. And it -works-. Color me impressed.
Definitely impressive. It's very good. I've read up to the third sequence so far.
I recall reading something similar about a year ago, though with Inuyasha rather than RK. Can't remember what it was called though.*********
Re: Wading through FF.net's Rurouni Kenshin section
There are several candidates.
Ja, -n
===========

Quote:
That's... that's...
I don't think any words can describe it.
No, they can't. Let me put it this way -- I never actually read the original, but the "revengefic" squicked me bigtime.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
It could have been worse. It could have been Oscar Maritnez writing the fic.
Yerk.
Don't do that to me. Not this early in the morning.

-- Bob
---------