Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XIII: The Horrors, The Horrors...

Eh, Monty would be Monty. Some of the glory of these sorts of things comes from the elements that don't 'fit'.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

True enough.

I'm not quite sure what to do with the opposing/intersecting elements of Krosp (the Emperor of Cats) and Fat Cat, though.

If your not trying to kludge it as a fusion... Rescue Rangers already has at least two (low to middle level) sparks as reoccurring characters that I can remember.  Gadjet and the short balding scientist.. in fact they had an entire episode where him and Zipper switched heads due to a telporting through the phone line device.  It was a 'The Fly' parody... but the big reveal was that the scientist found out that the RR were not just dumb animals, but actively screwing him over on purpose.
Add in that they have a reoccurring bad guy that could be one of the offspring of the king of cat... and the crossover is more 'Time travel episode in Europe' than anything else... Gadjet could actually be the result of someone trying to make an organic artifical spark (Agatha pulled that off literally in her sleep, after all)... fudge the hair color and Gadjet and Agatha could be directly related... through Science!!! and genetics.
The link is that at some point in the past/future (for GG) someone bioweaponed (microbial) the populous and now super sparks are reduced to the level of the RR characters.  This means most sparks simply can't break through.
In short this plot writes itself... and Dale being descended from competent minions would explain much.

Dunno... Supposedly, her character is also based somewhat off of that of Gidget's

However, while it is tough to push her that far, once you do Gadget turns into your worst nightmare - an angry spark whose inventions all work perfectly the first time around.

Well, he's certainly Doctor Claw's worst nightmare...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Well, he always was suspiciously competent whenever Penny was actually in danger. Being wacky the rest of the time could just be Sparkiness.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

The name you are looking for, BTW, is Nimnul.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

We've swapped Saffron from Firefly with Saffron from Ranma 1/2. Let's see if anyone fails to notice.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

"Haruhi Suzumiya, you have the ability to invoke great fear..."

"No, I don't!"

"But that 'Kyon' person said..."

"He what?" (storms off to find Kyon, leaving the yellow ring puzzled)
--
Rob Kelk

We've replaced Ciaphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!) with Herman Cain. Let's see how long before a Hormagaunt eats his head....
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

robkelk Wrote:"Haruhi Suzumiya, you have the ability to invoke great fear..."

"No, I don't!"

"But that 'Kyon' person said..."

"He what?" (storms off to find Kyon, leaving the yellow ring puzzled)
She's probably at least as angry at Kyon for him not telling her about the obviously magical, flying, talking ring as she is for anything he might have told the ring about her.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

That and she could have had cameras set up and amused herself by being all hammy... worse I'm guessing the ring was actually listening to Kyon narrating in his head.

Fate/Zero Wing

All your grail are belong to us
--
Rob Kelk

You mean Rider is in orbit in with his own fleet?  Now that cover up would suck to impliment.

From Dave Van Domelin's (of Academy of Super-Heroes) Facebook status from this morning: "Gurren Lagann meets My Little Pony. Sheer damn pony-liness that will pierce the heavens."
Ebony the Black Dragon

Ebony Wrote:From Dave Van Domelin's (of Academy of Super-Heroes) Facebook status from this morning: "Gurren Lagann meets My Little Pony. Sheer damn pony-liness that will pierce the heavens."
Meh. http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/sre ... -Scootaloo]It's been done. At least http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/sre ... -Scootaloo]twice.
--
Rob Kelk

We've replaced Pinky with Pinkie Pie. Let's see if Brain notices.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:We've replaced Pinky with Pinkie Pie. Let's see if Brain notices.
[Image: cfa9a9129075984c6c8e4f866ba02d42.png]
Apparently not.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

*starts scrubbing coffee off monitor*

you Ebil genius you....
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

The threads are fusing again.  Lovely... also would that Pinky be more controlable than the mouse one?  I mean she seems a bit more predictable from what I've got second hand... the main issue would be her sheer size negating lots of plans.  Her origin story is easily enough mutated.

In another possible direction:

Mihoshi Katsuragi.
-- Bob
---------

Eh, I think I prefer Ritsuko Hakubi, myself. Of course, there's no reason one can't appear in th same setting as the other... much to Rit-chan's annoyance.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Well, actually, I did work up something along those lines years ago, although I didn't get much farther than concept and a couple lines of dialog. It was called...

Tenshi Muyo: Rei-O-Ohki

"Shinji. Same name as the master key -- well done, Ikari. Shinji can't be copied. Splendid plan." -- Tabris, in Tenshi Muyo! Rei-o-ohki

Maya: Isn't there anything we can do?
Ritsuko-chan: Well, there is one thing we haven't tried. We can pray real hard!
-- from Tenshi Muyo! Rei-o-ohki
-- Bob
---------

Someone's probably thought of these, but given the multi-color Daleks that popped up last year in "Doctor Who":
Mighty Morphin' Dalek Rangers
My Little Dalek: Extermination is Magic

Ebony the Black Dragon

Eb: I have but one thing to say in reply to that.

[Image: 47bf9fc37171344a3a43b9d56ed997e0-500x382.png]
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.