Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XIII: The Horrors, The Horrors...

Schlock Mercenary was used as the band (a new one whenever the old model started falling out of favor) was entirely fictional and holographic.  Jem and the Holograms had the type of CGI  that they keep claiming as an excuse for magic in Negima.  I used the 'holobands' from Schlock Mercenary because that way you avoid having to pay for the band's frivolities that way.
I can barely remember CSaTSM... Schlock, off the top of my head, is 1997-8 like Sluggy Freelance.  However, I was going for cheaply mass produced holobands that people didn't know were holobands.
--
To keep the topic moving, some inexplicable fairy tails:
The Boy who cried Foofer.
The Brain, the Chrispher Robin, and The Powdered Toast Man!
Three Blind Chipmunk

Two down-on-their-luck, not-too-bright ne'er-do-wells get it into their heads to kidnap someone's cat and hold it for ransom. They get more than they bargained for, and Hilarity Ensues.
The Ransom of Red XIII

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Captain Sherlock
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

which then gets us Captain Schock...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

And Harlock Sholmes, Space Pirate Detective.
Ebony the Black Dragon

A scene that popped into my mind and won't let go until I inflict it on someone else. Don't you all feel *lucky*?
"...what is thiss," Voldemort hissed. "I banished you to anopther dimensssion, Potter! How have you returned?"
"You remember that 'power he knows not' thing? Turns out it wasn't actually *my* power." Harry grinned at the snake-faced monster as small, pastel-coloerd quadrupeds materialized out of the shadows and surrounded Voldemort. "Care Bears...STARE!"

Quote:Duane Peters wrote:

A scene that popped into my mind and won't let go until I inflict it on someone else. Don't you all feel *lucky*?
"...what is thiss," Voldemort hissed. "I banished you to anopther dimensssion, Potter! How have you returned?"
"You remember that 'power he knows not' thing? Turns out it wasn't actually *my* power." Harry grinned at the snake-faced monster as small, pastel-coloerd quadrupeds materialized out of the shadows and surrounded Voldemort. "Care Bears...STARE!"
That's about a thousand kinds of wrong, Duane. And I'm the one that combined Final Fantasy with O. Henry. Speaking of which....
Evangelion/O. Henry: The Gift of the Magi

Ebony the Black Dragon

Duane Peters Wrote:A scene that popped into my mind and won't let go until I inflict it on someone else. Don't you all feel *lucky*?
Now that is just outright wrong.  The Care Bears were bipeds, not quadrupeds.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Twilight Sparkle stared at the massive form of the war machine, quivering in fear. Princess Celestia gazed down from her balcony, impassive and domineering.

"It seems she is unwilling, Stormwing. Send the prototype"

Without comment the pegasus guard pressed a button on the console he stood behind, and momentarily a door silently swung open, admitting two medical ponies that ushered a gurney across the catwalk towards the hideous equiform robot. On the gurney was the heavily bandaged form of a lemon-yellow pegasus, her long pink mane matted and tangled. For a moment, their eyes met, and Twilight was certain that this was a pony she could reveal her soul to, someone who would support her with kindness and compassion through any trial she faced. The gurney bumped across a seam in the gridded decking, and the pegasus shut her eyes in pain. Twilight lurched forward to help her, to hold her and tell her everything would be OK, but a security pony in a drab grey suit stopped her.

At the closest approach to the colossal war machine, the medical ponies stopped the gurney, and one held it steady while the other helped the battered pegasus to her feet. As she unsteadily stood on her own, Celestia stepped forward.

"Fluttershy, the replacement is unsuitable. You will pilot EVA." The Princess declaimed in a voice like steel. Fluttershy nodded, and replied in a meek voice.

"Yes, Princess, if that's alright with- EEP!" Her reply was cut off by a distant explosion that shook the facility, causing the suspended decking to sway and debris to fall from above. Twilight shook off the security pony and lunged forward, her horn igniting as a girder plummeted from overhead towards the fallen pegasus. She didn't notice, as she slid to her haunches next to the shaking yellow form, the massive war machine lift a single hoof and knock the girder away. The girder, spinning end for end, bounced off of an iridescent magic field and fell away from the motionless Princess to land with a splash in the coolant. The robot grumbled and withdrew its foreleg, placing back on the shattered wreckage of the shackle that had supposedly held it in place.

Twilight patted the pink mane of the yellow pegasus once more and then jumped to her feet, determination firming her stance as she faced the stoic form of the princess. "I'll do it. I'll do it. If you send her out there, she'll die. I'll do it, I'll pilot Equivangelion."
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I've actually seen a fair few pony EVA fanarts. So is this just Opresstia or did whatever evil energy being get Celly instead of Luna, creating the Waking Terror? I think it might work better overall, actually, if you had Nightmare Moon win the battle however long ago so it's her in the balcony, and Celestia is secretly chained up in the dungeons with a mask over her face.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Arakawa Under Seven
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:Arakawa Under Seven
Dunno, Rob.  Given what I've heard about Arakawa Under The Bridge (I've actually seen NieA_7), those two settings might just get along like a house on fire. Smile
EDIT: And here's where the cross-over occurs... Kou's family buys the onsen from NieA_7... and places him in charge!

Its been a while since I've seen it.. but I seen at least a good chunk of AUtB.... from what I remember the main male lead had a ingrain 'owe people nothing... what-so-ever... EVER!!!' complex that was kind of to the point of a blood line curse... like at four or five had to 'raise' his dad as a baby to make up for all the things he 'owed' his parents from the day he was born.  Like changing him.  In that family you owe nothing to no one.  If you accidentally managed to owe anyone the slighted thing you MUST pay them back, yesterday.  All you'd have to do have him owe an alien for something enough to get them to be his roommate and then he is doomed.
Okay now I want to see that guy in a Grail War or as a contender in the Sekerei Project just to see his response... I'm thinking a reality marble that inflicts a Red Dwarf Style 'Total Justice Field'... I have absolutely no clue how he would react to getting that unlimited credit card... unless he ends up as a participant in a Grail War happening during the Sekerei Project. Meaning that he must somehow fight a Grail War during a Sekerei War... without letting anyone die and win.  Imagine this guy knowing that he he must fight two wars at once, in one of which the civilians are actively considered expendable resources, with incurring the slightest debt.  Depending on what Servant say or do defeating them means owing them a major debt that can only be dodged by somehow granting their wishes and making them bow out of the war... this means both master's and Servants... without anyone getting killed (unless its an EPIC Battle wish that ends in all people happy with the results and no civies killed.)
I think this one is actually a bad idea for a crossover, because the sheer amount of win required to make this actually work right will force a black hole sucking all the awesome out of fanfiction for months.

When the name of the one who is commonly understood to be the Messiah is used as an expletive, one form it sometimes takes is "Jesus H. Christ!".

When anyone bothers to wonder about that extraneous middle initial, the traditional explanation is that it stands for "Harold", as in "Harold be thy name".

What if, instead, it stood for "Heterodyne"?

an amv by Vlad Pohnert reminded me of this:

Belldandy as an eva pilot.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

The Wanderer Wrote:When the name of the one who is commonly understood to be the Messiah is used as an expletive, one form it sometimes takes is "Jesus H. Christ!".
When anyone bothers to wonder about that extraneous middle initial, the traditional explanation is that it stands for "Harold", as in "Harold be thy name".
What if, instead, it stood for "Heterodyne"?
And thus was the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Church of the Omnissiah formed....

Ebony the Black Dragon

Actually, I was wondering whether that might not be suitable for use in a non-crossover Girl Genius fic.

After all, we don't really know much about the Christian religion in that universe, except that it appears to exist (enough to have given rise to multiple Popes, in any case); who can say what its founding might have been like?

Mobile Suit, Alabama
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Mobile Suit, Alabama
I'm trying to parse that, but I'm thinking that it might fit in with some peoples nightmare fuel: Sons Of Guns(Red Jacket Firearms) with anything that has BFGs of the projectile family. I'm dreading the day that someone adds them to AEWB, let alone Fenspace if someone hasn't all ready done it.
Yes I do have an interest in firearms more in the mechanics and design of them. I've never used anything stronger than a nerf gun though - but its enough to know my aim sucks.

Rod H Wrote:I'm trying to parse that,
Take " Suit" out of the phrase and you've got a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile,_Alabama]place name... so I suppose this could be the biggest combat Unreal Estate in Fenspace.

A new CTSNB:

There's a field where the people who practice it use Latin phrases to invoke changes in how the course of events are playing out... and there's another such field in fiction. Combining the two give us Harry Potter, Ace Attorney!

[size=smaller](I will admit to being inspired by http://pvponline.com/comic/2012/03/13/ducked-over]this webstrip.)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk

Recusare! Geminum abusus id!

- CD, probabiliter etiam me
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

CattyNebulart Wrote:an amv by Vlad Pohnert reminded me of this:

Belldandy as an eva pilot.
Sudden terrifying thought...
Ed, as in Edward Wong Hau Tivrusky IV aka Radical Edward, as an eva pilot.
"Did she just take remote control of Jet Alone?"
"Yes."
"What the hell is she doing with it?"
"Dancing. I think."
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

LilFluff Wrote:Sudden terrifying thought...
Ed, as in Edward Wong Hau Tivrusky IV aka Radical Edward, as an eva pilot.
"Did she just take remote control of Jet Alone?"
"Yes."
"What the hell is she doing with it?"
"Dancing. I think."
.... She would make the Magi her collective bitches.  Which means she'd also blow the whole thing with NERV and SEELE wide open.  Also, I can hear Asuka just now...  "Mein Gott en himmel!  You're a GIRL!?!?"
...This is utter crack and it must be written!

Seconded!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Harry Potter, Ace Attorney! makes me think of several.

Latin has a little power today as a prestige language partly because of the Romans, the Toga wearing race, the Masters of the World, speaking it and using it to change the world around them.

1) Since the '50s or '60s, the per capita lawyer rate in America has supposedly increased by three times, and this may have had some effect on American society. So, we've secretly replaced 2/3s of America's lawyers with Romans, let's see if anyone notices. (Note that making the replacements Roman lawyers drives the scenario hard into problem land.)

2) We've secretly replaced the Wizarding Legal System with a version of the Roman Legal system, let's see if anyone notices... (I'll note that Rowling's philosophies in these matters do not seem to have much agreement with those of the Romans. Suppose Cicero was around during the first Riddle conflict, survived, and was not a Deatheater...) (I don't think this results in the Deatheaters being crucified along some major English highway. I expect some other capital punishment.)

3) Harry Potter and the Romans. 'We've secretly replaced the spells with Latin words more suited to a soldier and a hero, by Roman standards. Let's see if anyone notices.' 'Neco te' 'Do you mean cat or catgirl tea?' 'No, I've forgotten part of the Latin for that line in Dunham's Achmed Routine.'

4) There are other such groups, like Catholic priests. Anybody want to try a crossover substituting Catholic priests for Lawyers?

5) I learned to say Cicero with hard k sounds, and it is a reference to a vegetable. Cicero should be a Saiyajin. (Note that for screwy enough world building, I once worked out that half or quarter Saiyajin would not require too many historical changes.)

Lastly, I am reminded of a untapped potential left in Buffy Halloween fics. However, that is something that really must be.